Space Mountain Predictions! ;)

magicmaya

Original Poster
This is what I think will happen:

• New queue lighting
  • New lifthill lighting (not sure)
  • new exterior signs
  • off board audio (including DL's 2005 music)
  • Exterior Lighting Package (not sure)
  • quiet lifthill chain
  • darker ride
  • safety air gates
  • freshly painted rockets
  • new re-entry tunnel
  • overflow queue
Am I missing anything? Hopefully the queue and TTA music stays in place...I think it will. :D:wave:

EPCOT Explorer

This is what I think will happen:

• New queue lighting
  • New lifthill lighting (not sure)
  • new exterior signs
  • off board audio (including DL's 2005 music)
    [*]Exterior Lighting Package (not sure)
  • quiet lifthill chain
  • darker ride
  • safety air gates
  • freshly painted rockets
  • new re-entry tunnel
  • overflow queue
Am I missing anything? Hopefully the queue and TTA music stays in place...I think it will. :D:wave:

Things I want, but not sure about. Hope so, though.

Theres not much changing to space except for new consoles, new signs on outside, changes to queue, changes to tower, and load and unload gates.
That is what I have heard from friends who work the attraction.

Figment632

set your phasers to suck

While I will be very dissapointed if this is the case they are keeping the same layout. Coaster wise putting effects asside WDW's SM is a much better coaster. The coaster itself in DL is very tame but the effects are do good it doesn't matter.

With that said if they ever brought the DL effects to SM in WDW it would hands down be amazing.

magicmaya

Original Poster
While I will be very dissapointed if this is the case they are keeping the same layout. Coaster wise putting effects asside WDW's SM is a much better coaster. The coaster itself in DL is very tame but the effects are do good it doesn't matter.

With that said if they ever brought the DL effects to SM in WDW it would hands down be amazing.

At disneyland, the boring track layout doesn't matter to me.The thing that makes it amazing is its effects.If our space mountain had the same effects, there would be no comparison.Ours would be better hands down.Ours could be the best if they put more work into ours! With te TTA going through it, Forget Disneyland. And this is coming from someone who lives 6 minutes from disneyland!

Figment632

At disneyland, the boring track layout doesn't matter to me.The thing that makes it amazing is its effects.If our space mountain had the same effects, there would be no comparison.Ours would be better hands down.Ours could be the best if they put more work into ours! With te TTA going through it, Forget Disneyland. And this is coming from someone who lives 6 minutes from disneyland!

I totally agree with out the effects DL's SM is very tame and boring the effects are that good. If we had them SM is hands down the best Disney coaster in America!

magicmaya

Original Poster
I totally agree with out the effects DL's SM is very tame and boring the effects are that good. If we had them SM is hands down the best Disney coaster in America!

And The atmosphere of it is just amazing.Before it closed in 2003 it was horrible.

here's what it would be like if ours had music.

Ladies and Gentlemen we could have the best space mountain in the world, woot woot :sohappy::ROFLOL:

Now if the could get rid of that horrible re-entry tunnel!:hurl:

EvilQueen-T

i've been horribly curious to hear what's going on in there. i figured it wouldn't be to long before someone who works there or is working on the refurb of sm spoke to someone who posts here. i'm not sure if i'm disappointed or relieved to hear it may just be cosmetic changes. hopefully it will reopen on time/as predicted and i'll get to see when i go back in early december.

disneytopdog

I have not ridden DLR Space Mountain in 20 years, can someone tell what are the incredible effects the west coast Mountain has that would lead people to say that the track layout is tamer then WDW but the effects make it a better ride???? I am not being sarcastic just curious.

Figment632

I have not ridden DLR Space Mountain in 20 years, can someone tell what are the incredible effects the west coast Mountain has that would lead people to say that the track layout is tamer then WDW but the effects make it a better ride???? I am not being sarcastic just curious.

Well there is only one track and you sit side by side like a regular coaster. The coaster does not have any thrilling drops and seems slower than WdW. Theeffects are that it is pitch black and there is a projection system that projects stars and planets all over the place but it is crystal clear.

It's hard to explain besides the fact that I'm a couple Rolling Rocks deep but it is almost disorientating because you actually feel like you are floating through space. I was in DL In May and this was my favorite ride I liked it even more than Indy!!!!!

disneytopdog

so the DLR's gigantic floating Chips Ahoy cookie is much more clear? So with only one track inside it must be alot smaller, or did they orginally have 2 tracks in there like WDW, get rid of one side and make up for it by having trains that can hold twice the people?

Vince3

It was mentioned to me a while back that the cars or rockets or whatever the hell you want to call them,will be larger.
If there is no major track makeover does this mean the same rockets?

the-reason14

I agree with this 100% The coaster portion in DL is so boring, yea the effects are great, making it a better ride, but coaster wise its a snooze fest.

I kinda hope they do add music, but what I think would be cool is if they were able to make the ride darker. I think someone came up with the idea to enclose the main que in one thread. And I think that would be cool if they did that, but made it to were you can still look up and see the stars and some of the coaster, but enclose it to where its like you're looking up almost through a telescope or something. If they had music playing through there, you could still feel like you're looking out in space, but you wont hear the click clak of the coaster, or the screams of the people.

I doubt they'd do any of that, and I will say that if the next time I get on it, it looks the same or looks like the changes dont justify the amount of time its been closed, Im gonna be very upset.

disneytopdog

It was mentioned to me a while back that the cars or rockets or whatever the hell you want to call them,will be larger.
If there is no major track makeover does this mean the same rockets?

It has to be. To put a bigger, wider car on the track would have to be a major deal.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom