SPACE MOUNTAIN- I assure you, we are SOFT re-OPEN!!!

WDW1974

So ... it sounds exactly as we (or most of us anyway) thought. Very little changed. Things got painted. Stuff got fixed. It got darker.

Can't say I'm excited, but clearly I'm in the minority here.

nerdboyrockstar

So is the ride experience any different?

New ride vehicles, any track changes, new special effects?

Basically, is it worth a visit to Orlando for it? Or is it still well behind DL and TDL's versions? Although I do prefer WDW's track layout from before.

Exprcoofto

So ... it sounds exactly as we (or most of us anyway) thought. Very little changed. Things got painted. Stuff got fixed. It got darker.

After seeing what is exactly done, I wouldn't say I'm excited, but I would say I'm happy to see the changes.

mightynine

I guess I'm of the opinion that:

- Yes, it could've been more.
- But that didn't happen.
- So, let's see what we got, because if nothing else, an attraction that needed some TLC got it.

jt04

The new graphics in the next section replacing the space images of the Andromeda galaxy, etc...
4101636246_91c09f62d3_b.jpg

I love that they have given it more of a sense of place/backstory. The post show looks better than ever! Thanks for the pics!

But there are conflicting reports from the track being very smooth to unchanged. Not sure what to make of that. Any ideas?

imagineer boy

Looks good so far. For one thing, I'm really relieved that the star tunnel music is still there. Whew, I was getting worried. I do like the back story references.

The only thing I don't like so far is the lime green tunnel. Bleh. And I don't like the news that the re-entry tunnel is the same. But other than that, looks good so far.

Main Street USA

Um, no. Not even close. Clearly you don't read or comprehend things well......OR you're in complete denial about being just a hair wrong about this refurb.

SM got immensely better, and I'm pretty sure you know it. You'd simply never be able to be man enough to admit you MIGHT have been just a LITTLE wrong about this. It's sad, yet funny, all at the same time! :lol:

Mr.EPCOT

Original Poster
One of the new games. I'll review these with my second ride, looking like probably tomorrow...
4101013005_644176e073_b.jpg

what about the lift chains? still as loud as before?

Sounded the same to me.

So is the ride experience any different?

New ride vehicles, any track changes, new special effects?

Basically, is it worth a visit to Orlando for it? Or is it still well behind DL and TDL's versions? Although I do prefer WDW's track layout from before.

If you read my earlier post, I have already highlighted all the major changes and my impressions. :wave:

Expo_Seeker40

For the budget, Space Mountain DID get better, of course there will always be the "woulda couldas", but this will have to do, and it does do well in my opinion. The green exit tunnel looks like some have said to be a green screen effect.

VERY happy to see the star tunnel and zig zag music has been saved and the star windows in both the star tunnel and fastpass side of the zig zag tunnel have been saved.

Top of the mountain has been cleaned, hope they move to the bottom part soon.

Yes, the ride could have and should have had more time and money invested in it....because that WAS the Disney standard back then, but with what was done in the time and money given to it, I have to say so far I am impressed.

Carousel of Progress and Jungle Cruise....last classic attractions in the MK to not yet get an entire refurb. :lookaroun Soon? :D

Main Street USA

No and very minor.
But they DID replace the wheels and other hardware underneath, no? They also repainted the vehicles. From what I read on the Disney blog, the track got more than just "very minor" upgrades. VERY few replaced areas, but aside from that, it understood it that they worked on the entire length in some capacity.

Expo_Seeker40

They gave the ride an identity and brand image....now....I'm still not pleased how the 1980s exterior stripe panneling, clashes with the 1994 blue panneling.

And we thought the post show wasn't getting anything....it's existed in some form since 1985, but it looks really fresh.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom