SPACE MOUNTAIN- I assure you, we are SOFT re-OPEN!!!

Mr.EPCOT

Original Poster
Okay, everybody! Let write out my first impressions, and then I'll start with the pictures.

As expected, it's just as fun as ever! Definitely darker in there now, which is a bit surreal if you're as familiar with it as I am. BUT it doesn't feel much smoother, maybe just a little bit. There certainly aren't any of those groin-crushing jerks anymore. The launch and re-entry tunnels are the same, with the exception of updated audio. I think there's a new minor effect at the end of the launch tunnel that I just barely missed. It also seemed eerily quiet in the dome, too. Other odds and ends:

-The photo flash looked to be just before you turn into the launch tunnel.
-The games look fun, but didn't get to play them because I was in a bit of a rush to get through the ride.
-Yes, the star windows are still here, and yes, the music is still the same.
-If I understood the new queue arrangement correctly, FastPass only loads into Omega side.
-I think the updated post-show does a great job of balancing between old and new.
-Most exciting of all for me, THERE IS A HORIZONS SHOUT-OUT!!!!! More on that later...

I can't wait to do it again, which with any luck will be later today!

Getting to the pictures, first we have the obligatory disclaimer...
4101636228_b7a3a9e0ce_b.jpg

As always, please bear with me, as it might take me a while to get everything up.

Figment1986

FYI: jst because they still have the older queue audio doesnt mean it will survive... remember TTA and it's new narration a few weeks after it came back from referb.

if it's still there Nov 22 then it's probably staying.

spacemt09

Ah soft openings... I better join the rush to Guest Relations to complain that Space Mountain shut down during a soft opening!!!! (lol...)

Anyways, I'm sure it is something minor and I'm guessing here but to prevent it from happening in the future they are kicking everyone out of line, investigating the problem thoroughly, fixing it, and reopening later if possible.

Mr.EPCOT

Original Poster
Star window in the first section of tunnel...
4101636240_164f70fb04_b.jpg

NOTE: Looks like Space Mountain is closed, and has had everyone cleared out of the queue.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
I can't believe they didn't change the re-entry tunnel...that's my only real beef so far...hope to ride it next week

EpcotServo

Killing me that I'm in Otown and didn't get over there in time. Stupid work.

I know. I miss my Annual Pass.

I sense a disturbance in the Soft Openings...Like a million people got on Space Mountain before Servo, then suddenly made the ride go silent...

:lol:

ChrisFL

Premium Member
Okay, everybody! Let write out my first impressions, and then I'll start with the pictures.

As expected, it's just as fun as ever! Definitely darker in there now, which is a bit surreal if you're as familiar with it as I am. BUT it doesn't feel much smoother, maybe just a little bit. There certainly aren't any of those groin-crushing jerks anymore. The launch and re-entry tunnels are the same, with the exception of updated audio. I think there's a new minor effect at the end of the launch tunnel that I just barely missed. It also seemed eerily quiet in the dome, too.

what about the lift chains? still as loud as before?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom