SPACE MOUNTAIN- I assure you, we are SOFT re-OPEN!!!

Mr.EPCOT

Original Poster
The last screen...
4101013013_9007625946_b.jpg

muteki

Everything looks nice, can't wait to try it out in February. I like that the astronauts made it back in, and that post show has Horizons written all over it.

Few questions:

-Once you are on the ride, and are on the other side of the enclosed queue, what does the new ceiling look like (or floor, from the rides perspective)? Is there any theming there, or is it just another projection surface? What does this surface look like from the TTA?

-From your impressions about the queue switchback layout, it would appear as though nothing has changed. Fastpass goes one way, Standby the other, correct?

Looks good so far. For one thing, I'm really relieved that the star tunnel music is still there. Whew, I was getting worried. I do like the back story references.

The only thing I don't like so far is the lime green tunnel. Bleh. And I don't like the news that the re-entry tunnel is the same. But other than that, looks good so far.

Correct me if I am wrong, but the Star Tunnel track was only played on the section of the TTA that passed under the lift hills. This is still gone right? (as in, it is still silent/pardon our space dust/something other than Star Tunnel)

So, the entry and queue music is still the same (3rd Tunnel, Space Warp, and Speed Ramp), but Star Tunnel is still nowhere to be found, right?

Cmdr_Crimson

-The photo flash looked to be just before you turn into the launch tunnel.
-The games look fun, but didn't get to play them because I was in a bit of a rush to get through the ride.
-Yes, the star windows are still here, and yes, the music is still the same.
-If I understood the new queue arrangement correctly, FastPass only loads into Omega side.
-I think the updated post-show does a great job of balancing between old and new.
-Most exciting of all for me, THERE IS A HORIZONS SHOUT-OUT!!!!! More on that later...

That one makes me Very Very Happy!:D:sohappy:

Horizonsfan

Looks nice! I'm pleasantly surprised at how they altered the post-show but the re-entry is the same!?!? Ugghhhh... Almost anything would have been better than the tunnel of cheesiness that has been there all these years.

Thanks Mr. E! Quick question, do the pepper's ghost effects work better/are they brighter?

Pete C

BUT it doesn't feel much smoother, maybe just a little bit. There certainly aren't any of those groin-crushing jerks anymore. The launch and re-entry tunnels are the same, with the exception of updated audio.

Thanks for the review! You just saved me $70.

juan

But they DID replace the wheels and other hardware underneath, no? They also repainted the vehicles. From what I read on the Disney blog, the track got more than just "very minor" upgrades. VERY few replaced areas, but aside from that, it understood it that they worked on the entire length in some capacity.

I can confirm for you that they did pay attention to the whole track. There was approx $3 mil spent solely on track work. I find that to be quite a bit of work, more so than what some people around here like to proclaim.

Pete C

I love that they have given it more of a sense of place/backstory. The post show looks better than ever! Thanks for the pics!

But there are conflicting reports from the track being very smooth to unchanged. Not sure what to make of that. Any ideas?

Some people might not have even noticed it was rough before, so to them it might be smooth now. Some people are more sensitive to roughness than others. Looking to hear some more from the regulars.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
VERY few replaced areas, but aside from that, it understood it that they worked on the entire length in some capacity.
I understand minimum track segments are new (they`ve had to replace one particular section every few years since 1975) with some less severe parts `smoothed` or `skimmed`. No idea about the Chassis, though they did change this - and wheels - on DLPs SM with no discernable effect.

WDW1974

Um, no. Not even close. Clearly you don't read or comprehend things well......OR you're in complete denial about being just a hair wrong about this refurb.

SM got immensely better, and I'm pretty sure you know it. You'd simply never be able to be man enough to admit you MIGHT have been just a LITTLE wrong about this. It's sad, yet funny, all at the same time! :lol:

Um ... sorry, but I've been reading the report.

I don't see any major changes at all...

I'd love to know how a tired, old coaster with new paint and refreshed queue is somehow anything close to being labeled immense.

But judging by all the attention it is getting (as the fanbois show how they have the attention span of kitties chasing a flashlight beam), maybe I missed something.

WDW1974

There's definitely enough new that is worth talking about.

I don't see it. We got what we knew we were getting. There's nothing in Mr. EPCOT's report that suggests anything otherwise.

That's all I'm saying.

I'd rather talk about the Fantastic Four meet and greet at EPCOT or when the Sheriff will make UNI move Spidey to the MK!

That would be worth talking about!:xmas:

Oh, and the cynical Spirit in me can't help but wonder if the timing of this soft opening was designed to get the fanbois off the LoW deal and focused on other things ... always convenient timing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom