SPACE MOUNTAIN- I assure you, we are SOFT re-OPEN!!!

Jasonflz

So if we're in Tomorrowland now, where were we before?
4106068982_1713abfb0f_b.jpg

:D:D:D
Definitely a great way to incorporate the land's theme into it without resorting to video screens.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Looking at Thrill Seekers videos, at least my pet peeve of the 3 Seconds to Launch signs at the top of the hills has gone. They are both bright and working :D

DisneyNut2007

Could this have been the plan all along????

I'd like to think so too. I can see Space Mountain maybe getting a second huge rehab in the future, which could include the addition of the on-board audio.

And while it is saddening that some things had to be cut from the budget, due the sorry state of our economy, let's be grateful that this old attraction got some love instead of getting no love at all.

And BTW, Skyway, I think your review was rather mean and harsh overall.

Mr.EPCOT

Original Poster
There's a mystery sticker on the side of this luggage here that I can't make out, I just wonder if it's another easter egg...
4106068986_4f3d19971c_o.jpg

raven

Rode last night. Here's my review. I'm not sure if some of these effects have been reported yet but I'll list them anyway:

Entrance Queue: There is a new emergency exit door at the bottom of the entrance queue where the path starts to head up. This would be almost directly under the rail road but I'm sure they added it "just because." The astroid games were enough to kill some time but they are nothing spectacular. At least they have plenty of buttons for everyone to play them. The problem is that it holds up the line until the game is over then everyone rushes agead to catch up. The zig-zag area is now a lot brighter because of it.

Interior Queue: The line now goes past the control tower before the split between Alpha and Omega. The line can be configured in many ways but yesterday it was set up so that the stand by line went through the queue on the Alpha side. The weird part yesterday was that the queue started near the loading area and worked it's way back to the rear of the queue before hitting the divide point between Alpha and Omega. If you go to the Omega side you simply walked to that side. But we went to the Alpha side and was directed behind the rear wall through a rather plain looking hallway which was very stuffy and noisy. The flooring of the interior queue is dark blue and purple with glitter added (this makes it very durable and easier to clean than tile).

Load Station: New gates were added that look like Tron and the area is very sleek and fresh looking. The preteen kid in front of me (who was riding alone) for some stupid reason decided to karate kick the gate and broke the hinge mechanism. So they we were moved to another car (which later I came back and that loading area was still being cleared of riders). The CM's didn't know how to handle the situation and just let the kid ride. :rolleyes:

Ride: The entrance tunnel has a new sound effect and new visual effect at the end of the tunnel. They also now take your photo just as you are making the turn before the lift hill. The flash kind of blinds you temporarily before you head into the mountain. The rest of the ride is exactly the same as before except a little faster through some of the brake runs. The re-entry tunnel is the same.

Unload and Exit Queue: Once you exit your vehicle you can view your picture on a monitor. Nothing special since you see a black wall behind you with a couple of outlets in the picture (hopefully they will upgrade the image with a digital background). The exit queue is fresh looking and has some great graphics.

On a side note, the vehicles do not have the glowing stickers on the sides anymore. I guess they don't need them and when going through the mountain on the TTA you can only see the stars and hear screams. But the absence of them make the ride that much darker.

magicmaya

Load Station: New gates were added that look like Tron and the area is very sleek and fresh looking. The preteen kid in front of me (who was riding alone) for some stupid reason decided to karate kick the gate and broke the hinge mechanism. So they we were moved to another car (which later I came back and that loading area was still being cleared of riders). The CM's didn't know how to handle the situation and just let the kid ride. :rolleyes:

What an idiot!!! :rolleyes::zipit:

I saw that happen at Disneyland once before but it was some teens instead.The gate lights went out and it wouldn't open. The CM's just made them jump over the gate, then a CM came to fix it. :brick:

hpyhnt 1000

Rode last night. Here's my review. I'm not sure if some of these effects have been reported yet but I'll list them anyway:

Entrance Queue: There is a new emergency exit door at the bottom of the entrance queue where the path starts to head up. This would be almost directly under the rail road but I'm sure they added it "just because." The astroid games were enough to kill some time but they are nothing spectacular. At least they have plenty of buttons for everyone to play them. The problem is that it holds up the line until the game is over then everyone rushes agead to catch up. The zig-zag area is now a lot brighter because of it.

Interior Queue: The line now goes past the control tower before the split between Alpha and Omega. The line can be configured in many ways but yesterday it was set up so that the stand by line went through the queue on the Alpha side. The weird part yesterday was that the queue started near the loading area and worked it's way back to the rear of the queue before hitting the divide point between Alpha and Omega. If you go to the Omega side you simply walked to that side. But we went to the Alpha side and was directed behind the rear wall through a rather plain looking hallway which was very stuffy and noisy. The flooring of the interior queue is dark blue and purple with glitter added (this makes it very durable and easier to clean than tile).

Ride: The entrance tunnel has a new sound effect and new visual effect at the end of the tunnel. They also now take your photo just as you are making the turn before the lift hill. The flash kind of blinds you temporarily before you head into the mountain. The rest of the ride is exactly the same as before except a little faster through some of the brake runs. The re-entry tunnel is the same.

Unload and Exit Queue: Once you exit your vehicle you can view your picture on a monitor. Nothing special since you see a black wall behind you with a couple of outlets in the picture (hopefully they will upgrade the image with a digital background). The exit queue is fresh looking and has some great graphics.

On a side note, the vehicles do not have the glowing stickers on the sides anymore. I guess they don't need them and when going through the mountain on the TTA you can only see the stars and hear screams. But the absence of them make the ride that much darker.

Unvelieveable. :fork:

Otherwise, very nice description. Thanks to you and everyone else who has contributed their report! :wave:

Jasonflz

What an idiot!!! :rolleyes::zipit:

I saw that happen at Disneyland once before but it was some teens instead.The gate lights went out and it wouldn't open. The CM's just made them jump over the gate, then a CM came to fix it. :brick:

:lol: Try that in front of me. I would turn that kid around and slap him.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom