SPACE MOUNTAIN- I assure you, we are SOFT re-OPEN!!!

Mr.EPCOT

Original Poster
It looks like they've just messed with one of the Spaceship Earth toys they've sold over the years, the base looks the same...
4105607555_5ee2540f75_o.jpg

RSoxNo1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4NIePOhN3c

LOVE THE NEW ENTRY TUNNEL AUDIO!!!

THE NEW EFFECT AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL IS SOOO AMAZING!!!

I appreciate this effect, it just seems odd that a similar effect wouldn't be used for the re-entry tunnel. It looks like the entry tunnel used reflectors of some sort.

I'm not a whiner, so grow up and don't engage in name-calling.

There are people on here that disagree with others, and there are people that whine. It's all about how you present that in the way you type. More often than not, you're a lot closer to whining than you are to disagreeing.

On-ride photo...
4104981343_4d7851dd21_b.jpg

The person in the front seat only has half a head.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Why would someone wanna break something right after the ride came out of refurbishment?! It's soo sad! :brick:

I'll make a snap judgment and call the kid an idiot.

Ok, so I don't get the "oxygen dome" is that meant to explain how we can ride around in space without an oxygen tank?

imagineer boy

Wow, those onride photos have to be the dullest onride photos I've ever seen. Who on earth is going to buy those? They're taken at an awkward angle and at a very unthrilling part of the ride.

I kinda like the new speed tunnel sounds. But I think I liked the old sounds better.

Area 4

I actually quite enjoyed the rehab...I'll take what I can get until SM gets a real overhaul.

However, that on-ride photo placement is a disaster :ROFLOL:

Why not maybe put it at the end of the red tunnel? I understand they can't put it out on the open areas of the track because of the flash but the other tunnel would be a MUCH better place for it.

EpcotServo

Yeah....I now have a piece of WDI tech in my room....:cool::lol:

Not a feat, for pete's sake I've got one holding up DVD cases in my room.
:rolleyes: :lol:

I seriously don't get the Photo Placement. That's the single most grody and awkward room of our Space Mountain.

For me, the refurb will still fail if they didn't do anything too reentry and the terrible "runoff" segment.

TalkingHead

On-ride photo...
4104981343_4d7851dd21_b.jpg

I find it humorous that it looks like the matte design is for a four-seater rocket, and yet the real rockets are only three-seaters. Makes me think they should've put more thought into this whole on-ride photo thing. But then again, I guess they think it doesn't matter how poor the on-ride photo looks, guests will be throwing money at them to buy these things. SM's my favorite ride, but I wouldn't buy an on-ride photo from it, especially with this camera set-up and design.

Captain Hank

I find it humorous that it looks like the matte design is for a four-seater rocket, and yet the real rockets are only three-seaters. Makes me think they should've put more thought into this whole on-ride photo thing. But then again, I guess they think it doesn't matter how poor the on-ride photo looks, guests will be throwing money at them to buy these things. SM's my favorite ride, but I wouldn't buy an on-ride photo from it, especially with this camera set-up and design.
I think the camera's timing might just be a little off. Looks like it took the picture a half-second too late, meaning that the rocket was farther along than it should have been. That accounts for the random space at the back of the rocket, as well as the passenger in the front seat being partially cut off.

Exprcoofto

It's designed for three seats, the camera was off in that picture. (note how the person in the first seat is cut off) Someone else posted a picture where it fit perfect. Guess they still need some adjusting.

EDIT: Nevermind, someone beat me to it :p

TalkingHead

I think the camera's timing might just be a little off. Looks like it took the picture a half-second too late, meaning that the rocket was farther along than it should have been. That accounts for the random space at the back of the rocket, as well as the passenger in the front seat being partially cut off.

That makes sense. I'm sure they'll fix that, but the placement of the camera still seems strange.

Horizonsfan

The camera's placement certainly is an odd choice, of course SM doesn't really lend itself to too many picture spots. (especially when you don't have the updated re-entry tunnel :() The best picture spot in my mind would be just after the bunny hop next to the lift hills. Unfortunately the light bleed (from a flash) from that location probably makes it entirely unfeasible.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
The best picture spot in my mind would be just after the bunny hop next to the lift hills. Unfortunately the light bleed (from a flash) from that location probably makes it entirely unfeasible.

hmm, not a bad idea, but you're probably right about the light causing issues...I wonder if there could be an effect that wouldn't interfere with the lift hill they could use and have the flash part of it...hmm...

Blake4fun

My advice for all of you who don't like the refurb...just stay away from it and let the rest of us have it all to ourselves! I can't wait for my turn in December!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom