Space Mountain Heading to the Scrap Heap :)

Thrill Seeker

This was just posted on Screamscape. Don't know if it's old news or not, but it's something...

"Disney has filed some interesting permits lately though to be part of the new Space Mountain rehab. One of which calls for an Interactive Queue with audio and visual upgrades, which has led some to assume that some kind of interactive game like what was installed into Soarin’ could be on the way."

That sounds like an interesting addition.

jt04

$12 million huh? Hmmmm. :veryconfu

Like I've been saying, ain't going back to any park unless they give me a reason to. So, when is LM breaking ground?

I don't even want to know the TTA budget! Don't even want to know. :zipit:

Mstr Gra-c

This was just posted on Screamscape. Don't know if it's old news or not, but it's something...

"Disney has filed some interesting permits lately though to be part of the new Space Mountain rehab. One of which calls for an Interactive Queue with audio and visual upgrades, which has led some to assume that some kind of interactive game like what was installed into Soarin’ could be on the way."

That sounds like an interesting addition.

Its old news...but thanks though.
We are all really excited for it.
:animwink:

EPCOT Explorer

Trust me... i have it, but im an realist too. A nice blend. Soooo, basically, I cut the BS and get to the real truth most of the time and dont waste my time.

It is easier that way to access the situation, make a plan and move on.

:lookaroun

Wow. that sounded super serious. :D

internet-serious-business.jpg

:lol::lookaroun

In other news....I don't believe all this Budget stuff. WDI rarely releases these numbers...

EpcotServo

Don't worry- that 12.3 number doesn't include the numbers for all the Drug-smuggling that went on inside Space Mountain, Vinny says the numbers for that should be on track per Disney's expectations.
:sohappy:

EPCOT Explorer

But "Reedy Creek Improvement District" is where the $12.3 comes from. Perhaps for tax purposes?:shrug:
Would not surprise me...
Don't worry- that 12.3 number doesn't include the numbers for all the Drug-smuggling that went on inside Space Mountain, Vinny says the numbers for that should be on track per Disney's expectations.
:sohappy:

:lol: I'm glad you are still in touch with Vinny.

RSoxNo1

Terminator Salvation at Six Flags Magic Mountain has a price of $10 million. It's a lightly themed coaster, compared to Space Mountain which is heavily themed. To me the $12.3 million is probably going to largely pay for the track replacement. I know the argument is that Disney has so many levels of people that feel the need to "add their stamp" on things, but it would seem that replacing the track with a virtually identical track wouldn't require many people to "add their stamp".

The remaining money is probably going to be for queue re-design, improved special effects, and possibly re-enforcing the existing support structure.

SirGoofy

Terminator Salvation at Six Flags Magic Mountain has a price of $10 million. It's a lightly themed coaster, compared to Space Mountain which is heavily themed. To me the $12.3 million is probably going to largely pay for the track replacement. I know the argument is that Disney has so many levels of people that feel the need to "add their stamp" on things, but it would seem that replacing the track with a virtually identical track wouldn't require many people to "add their stamp".

The remaining money is probably going to be for queue re-design, improved special effects, and possibly re-enforcing the existing support structure.

Still has me worried, though. Haunted Mansion was almost 20 mil.

truecoat

Price tag comparison

Here's a little comparison. The new Terminator wooden rollercoaster at Magic Mountain cost around 10 million to build. This coaster has onboard audio and some special effects on the ride along with a video preshow. Hopefully WDI can spend wisely.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom