Soarin - Mississippi Flyway

maggiegrace1

What is home, then?
Wherever Drew, Maggie and I are..:)..as for the city/state..I really do not know..:shrug:Louisiana is just not where I want to be forever..and it just so happens that I grew up here, met someone, married him and here we are,,but we do plan on leaving...I always have wanted to..my dream is to live up north..in a small town with hardly any people where it is cold..:)..and we plan on doing that..:)

Granted I know that every place/state/city has it's good and bad points...but Louisiana is just not my place..I have known that since I was younger..:shrug:

EpcotServo

umm..I may not be the biggest fan of the place but people..we..still live here...:hammer::brick:

Also..like I said earlier..there are many many places here in New Orleans that are great.....and fun..I am just not a fan of living here..if I could I would move up north in a heartbeat..but that does not mean they should let it all go to swampland and shut it down..:brick:

So, lets just tear down a whole city and make everyone who lives here and has lived here forever just pick up and go elsewhere?:veryconfu

I think you need to think before you post...seriously..you have no idea what you are talking about..

Could always come down here closer to the parks...
:lookaroun :D

Erika

Rebuilding New Orleans was a mistake,they should have removed the bridges and let it go back to swamp land.I have been there twice what a creapy city.You dont even feel like your in the US.You can move your sports teams to another city and still enjoy them.

That's the opinion of a visitor, but I'd imagine there are people living there who feel very differently.

Debbie

That's the opinion of a visitor, but I'd imagine there are people living there who feel very differently.

Thanks Erika :animwink:
To say New Orleans should have never been rebuilt is like saying noone should rebuild where there are earthquakes, tornados, or in an area susceptible to wildfires. At least we have a chance to get out. Oh and by the way; it is home. New Orleans has alot of flavor. While I'm not proud of the bad seeds that reside here; there are alot of bad seeds in any town.
When the first settlers arrived here, they looked for the highest part of ground. Today that ground is known as the French Quarter which did not have any water whatsoever following Katrina. The city was then settled up and down river. My ancestors settled in St Bernard Parish, on Staniff Plantation. Until the rail system was built, the river was the main source of commerce. As the population expanded--it had to go somewhere. I don't think we could all fit in the French Quarter or Algiers---we some crazy people!

maggiegrace1

Thanks Erika :animwink:
To say New Orleans should have never been rebuilt is like saying noone should rebuild where there are earthquakes, tornados, or in an area susceptible to wildfires. very true..At least we have a chance to get out. Oh and by the way; it is home.Yes..it is home to many people..but to me it is not and never have been..:shrug:..I understand why people love it here and respet that..many of my close friends love it and could not imagine living anywhere else..but for me..I need to go elsewhere..I do not see myself or my family staying here forever.. New Orleans has alot of flavor. While I'm not proud of the bad seeds that reside here; there are alot of bad seeds in any town.
When the first settlers arrived here, they looked for the highest part of ground. Today that ground is known as the French Quarter which did not have any water whatsoever following Katrina. The city was then settled up and down river. My ancestors settled in St Bernard Parish, on Staniff Plantation. Until the rail system was built, the river was the main source of commerce. As the population expanded--it had to go somewhere. I don't think we could all fit in the French Quarter or Algiers---we some crazy people!
:lol:

Yes...crazy!..;)

dznygirl64

Sorry to have upset you New Orleans people but you have to admit living below sea level is a little crazy.I know there are other cities in the US where this happens.But I saw them on TV the other day rebuilding a home next to a levy and the bottom of the ship was higher than the house.When the mississippi river flooded there in Illinois after the flood many towns where not allowed to rebuild and had to move out of the flood plain.I just dont think they should be allowed to rebuild in certain areas.Ok Dana tell me how wrong I am:wave:

maggiegrace1

Sorry to have upset you New Orleans people but you have to admit living below sea level is a little crazy.I know there are other cities in the US where this happens.But I saw them on TV the other day rebuilding a home next to a levy and the bottom of the ship was higher than the house.When the mississippi river flooded there in Illinois after the flood many towns where not allowed to rebuild and had to move out of the flood plain.I just dont think they should be allowed to rebuild in certain areas.Ok Dana tell me how wrong I am:wave:
Nah..I am sure you hear that enough all the time...:wave:

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
WOW! I feel the love

And you're surprised?
What about half of the population of the Netherlands that live near or below sea level?
How about all those crazy people all along the east coast, especially NC Outer Banks and all those nuts in Florida. Don't they know about hurricanes?
Tornado Alley in the midwest, all of California....for so many reasons... the frozen netherlands of Wisconsin and Minnesota....near the Mississippi or any big river or floodable stream....

Pretty much every place has it's pro's and con's, don't you think?

dznygirl64

And you're surprised?
What about half of the population of the Netherlands that live near or below sea level?
How about all those crazy people all along the east coast, especially NC Outer Banks and all those nuts in Florida. Don't they know about hurricanes?
Tornado Alley in the midwest, all of California....for so many reasons... the frozen netherlands of Wisconsin and Minnesota....near the Mississippi or any big river or floodable stream....

Pretty much every place has it's pro's and con's, don't you think?
I agree and thats what I said in my post. Next

maggiegrace1

I agree and thats what I said in my post. Next
No..you did not say every city has its pros and cons..you said..

"Sorry to have upset you New Orleans people but you have to admit living below sea level is a little crazy.I know there are other cities in the US where this happens.But I saw them on TV the other day rebuilding a home next to a levy and the bottom of the ship was higher than the house.When the mississippi river flooded there in Illinois after the flood many towns where not allowed to rebuild and had to move out of the flood plain.I just dont think they should be allowed to rebuild in certain areas"

I see nothing that says every city has its pros and cons...you just said there are other cities where that happens.

Like I said earlier..think before you post..:rolleyes:

Next!

MKCP 1985

I'd be surprised if school field trips and Baton Rouge tourism generated enough ticket sales to break even on this.

It sounds like WDI is willing to license the rights to the Soarin' equipment for the right price. I hope that doesn't lead to market saturation such that Soarin' at Epcot gets cheapened.

The Country Bear Jamboree never seemed quite "all that" after Chuck E. Cheese sprouted up around the country, you know?

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
I'd be surprised if school field trips and Baton Rouge tourism generated enough ticket sales to break even on this.

It sounds like WDI is willing to license the rights to the Soarin' equipment for the right price. I hope that doesn't lead to market saturation such that Soarin' at Epcot gets cheapened.

The Country Bear Jamboree never seemed quite "all that" after Chuck E. Cheese sprouted up around the country, you know?

Don't go dissin' my CBJ now....:fork:

.....waits for the wonders of Soarin' over New Jersey.....

CaptainMichael

From: http://neworleanscitybusiness.com/viewFeature.cfm?recid=1457

A Nickelodeon water and theme park is planned for the former site of Six Flags in eastern New Orleans, officials announced this morning at a City Hall press conference held by Mayor Ray Nagin.

Southern Star Amusement will construct the park, which will be named Nickelodeon Universe New Orleans and is expected to cost between $165 million and 170 million to construct.

Officials said it will be Nickelodeon's first outdoor theme park and its second stand-alone amusement park.

Construction will begin in the fall, with the park slated to open at the end of 2010.

"We hope to provide the residents and visitors of New Orleans with a first-class destination for family entertainment with this new park," said Howard Smith, executive vice president of recreation for Nickelodeon/MTVN Kids and Family Group. "New Orleans is a vibrant city and a great location for our first stand-alone theme park, and we are honored to play a role in its rebuilding effort."

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom