Soarin - Mississippi Flyway

maggiegrace1

So wouldn't a project such as this give economic benefit to the area you are concerned about, and thus improve it?:shrug:

That's Six Flag's deal...They should hire better people!:lol:
Oh, I am not concerned about Louisiana..:lol:..I just do not like it.

Just because I am not a fan of the state I live in does not mean I should be ashamed or do something to help the state it is in..

Yes, Six Flags should but to save money they hire the people from here and there you go..not a good thing.

maggiegrace1

I know a good boat captain in the area:lookaroun Too bad there were no boats there :(

This proposed park is more about education. How could anything bad come from that?

As for the people in Louisiana, most are great, nice, and friendly people. I guess it is what you make of it.

Yes, most people I know are..but when you look at people who are or could be involved in things like this..whether as guest or employees..then that is where you get the people who do not give a crap..say what you want to say but it is true.

Look at what happened before, during and after Katrina..all the stories you heard of what people were doing..made you proud that they were from Louisiana?

I do not think so...disrespectful people who feel that they are owed everything and anything.

Still to this day 4 years later also..

CaptainMichael

Yes, most people I know are..but when you look at people who are or could be involved in things like this..whether as guest or employees..then that is where you get the people who do not give a crap..say what you want to say but it is true.

Look at what happened before, during and after Katrina..all the stories you heard of what people were doing..made you proud that they were from Louisiana?

I do not think so...disrespectful people who feel that they are owed everything and anything.

Still to this day 4 years later also..

There are knuckleheads in every city and every state. The biggest problem is people don't seem to bother trying to understand why they are the way they are. The cycle of poverty is a cruel reality.

maggiegrace1

There are knuckleheads in every city and every state. The biggest problem is people don't seem to bother trying to understand why they are the way they are. The cycle of poverty is a cruel reality.
Yes, there is and I am sorry but when you have people shooting at ambulances in the middle of the night with newborn babies in them as they leave hospitals because they want to hijack it to leave the city and people are stealing TV's and radios by the dozens then I do not feel that I need to try to understand why they are like that at all..

Now the people who were looting for food and water and diapers for their family and kids..by all means while it is not right, they did what they needed to do to survive..the others..no..no sympathy or trying to understand them at all..:shrug:..

EPCOT Explorer

This proposed park is more about education. How could anything bad come from that?

As for the people in Louisiana, most are great, nice, and friendly people. I guess it is what you make of it.
Exactly! It looks like a nice edutaining venue.

And a big yes to that too! A person can be happy and at home in any environment.:lol: I don't exactly LOVE Miami, but it's home.
Oh, I am not concerned about Louisiana..:lol:..I just do not like it.

Just because I am not a fan of the state I live in does not mean I should be ashamed or do something to help the state it is in..

Yes, Six Flags should but to save money they hire the people from here and there you go..not a good thing.
Maybe that's part of the problem? Maybe it's rash of me to say it, but a active interest in improving ones environment is the way to enjoying where you live.:shrug: Just the basic psychology of pride.

Yep!:wave:

Anyway...It's bedtime in this time zone...:lol::snore: You guys are a hour behind...:p

maggiegrace1

Exactly! It looks like a nice edutaining venue.

And a big yes to that too! A person can be happy and at home in any environment.:lol: I don't exactly LOVE Miami, but it's home.

Maybe that's part of the problem? Maybe it's rash of me to say it, but a active interest in improving ones environment is the way to enjoying where you live.:shrug: Just the basic psychology of pride.

Yep!

Anyway...It's bedtime in this time zone...:lol::snore: You guys are a hour behind...:p
Yeah...no..:lol::shrug:...Drew has to stay at his job here for at least 18 months since becoming asst manager..once that time is up then we plan on moving out of state.

I never planned on buying a home and raising a child here since I was younger and still plan on sticking to that.

I am not one of those New Orleans..Proud to call it home people..never have been and never will be..and I think the only way I will enjoy it is if I come visit once we move..

My opinion..how I feel..and that is that.

I know many people who feel the exact same way and many who feel the exact opposite..like I said..we all have our own opinions on things..:shrug::)

Good Night!:wave:

bradandsarabr

Original Poster
Been to Downtown Baton Rouge lately? It's beautiful. . . .

Perkin's Rowe puts Downtown Disney to shame.

My office is near the bankrupt Perkin's Rowe Project. You have to be kidding me by placing Perkin's Rowe in the same universe as DTD. Perkin's Rowe is just another failure in a long line of failures that Baton Rouge developers have attempted - remember Catfish Town, Esplande Mall, the mall on Essen Lane?

I have lived in Baton Rouge for most of my life. It has some great things to offer. It has great restaurants, athletics, & jobs. It has lots of nice people & a certain joie la vie. However, Baton Rouge is & will always just be an overgrown college town. or is it "America's Next Great City!!!"

It is fund solely by taxpayers.

CaptainMichael

My office is near the bankrupt Perkin's Rowe Project. You have to be kidding me by placing Perkin's Rowe in the same universe as DTD. Perkin's Rowe is just another failure in a long line of failures that Baton Rouge developers have attempted - remember Catfish Town, Esplande Mall, the mall on Essen Lane?

I have lived in Baton Rouge for most of my life. It has some great things to offer. It has great restaurants, athletics, & jobs. It has lots of nice people & a certain joie la vie. However, Baton Rouge is & will always just be an overgrown college town. or is it "America's Next Great City!!!"

It is fund solely by taxpayers.

Given the choice to spend a night at DTD or Perkins Rowe, I'm going to Perkins Rowe. The atmosphere and offerings are alot better. It is really quite stunning at night. I'm sure business will pick up when the economy gets better.

As far as taxpayer money, I've seen it spent on far worse. Anything to improve education or tourist interest, I have no problem with.

maggiegrace1

I agree..but it has always been an overrun college town..I do not see anything that special about it..:shrug:

Have not been in a while but have friends and family who live there and go to college there who say Baton Rouge is too crowded and horrible traffic and not all that wonderful..

Given the choice to spend a night at DTD or Perkins Rowe, I'm going to Perkins Rowe. The atmosphere and offerings are alot better. It is really quite stunning at night. I'm sure business will pick up when the economy gets better.

As far as taxpayer money, I've seen it spent on far worse. Anything to improve education or tourist interest, I have no problem with.
Of course you would..though if AC was there you would say differently...you only started hating DTD when they closed AC..you had no problem with it before.:shrug:Your hatred for DTD began when it closed.

Not trying to be rude but that is true..I know that.

EpcotServo

The same with Florida!:wave: Miamians are brutal, for example. Orlando is no better.

All depends on the management.

Hey, speak for yourself out of towner, Downtown Orlando is the nicest Downtown I've ever been too, and the suburbs are great too.

Plus with today's transportation, we're just minutes away from our kids!

(Also, he is NOT a Beach Boy, he's a Marine-biologist out there on the Floating City.)

EPCOT Explorer

Yeah...no..:lol::shrug:...Drew has to stay at his job here for at least 18 months since becoming asst manager..once that time is up then we plan on moving out of state.

I never planned on buying a home and raising a child here since I was younger and still plan on sticking to that.

I am not one of those New Orleans..Proud to call it home people..never have been and never will be..and I think the only way I will enjoy it is if I come visit once we move..

My opinion..how I feel..and that is that.

I know many people who feel the exact same way and many who feel the exact opposite..like I said..we all have our own opinions on things..:shrug::)

Good Night!:wave:
Respect the opinion as always, of course....:lol: But in my eyes people that do not have a respect or at least a care or the drive to help their home is part of the problem.:shrug: Not directed at you, per say, but just in general.

EPCOT Explorer

Hey, speak for yourself out of towner, Downtown Orlando is the nicest Downtown I've ever been too, and the suburbs are great too.

Plus with today's transportation, we're just minutes away from our kids!

(Also, he is NOT a Beach Boy, he's a Marine-biologist out there on the Floating City.)

:ROFLOL::ROFLOL:

Horizons reff FTW...And I have not been in Orlando in ages. I might have to change that.:)

dznygirl64

I have lived by the Mississippi river for 44 years it is a very nasty river.Looks good on tv so it will look good on the screen.I hope they show the true Mississippi river with the chemical run off and the dead bodies and the sunken stolen cars and poor bridges.Sounds like fun:lol:

CaptainMichael

Of course you would..though if AC was there you would say differently...you only started hating DTD when they closed AC..you had no problem with it before.:shrug:Your hatred for DTD began when it closed.

Not trying to be rude but that is true..I know that.

I never particularly cared for DTD outside of Pleasure Island. They killed the only redeeming factor of DTD, and now I hate it. Of course I would rather spend a night at the AC instead of Perkins Rowe, I wish I had that option. In 41 days, I will:xmas:

Perhaps some ambitious entrepreneur will build something similar in Baton Rouge or New Orleans someday:cool: I think it would work well in an "overgrown college town" with people who appreciate humor.

I look forward to seeing the Superdome and my Saints on TV tonight knowing chills will run down my spine because of everything they mean to me and my state. "This is NEW ORLEANS!"-Drew "Breesus" Brees

maggiegrace1

Respect the opinion as always, of course....:lol: But in my eyes people that do not have a respect or at least a care or the drive to help their home is part of the problem.:shrug: Not directed at you, per say, but just in general.
Thank you!

I guess in my eyes though ever since I can remember..I do not think of Louisiana as "Home"..:shrug:

I never particularly cared for DTD outside of Pleasure Island. They killed the only redeeming factor of DTD, and now I hate it. Of course I would rather spend a night at the AC instead of Perkins Rowe, I wish I had that option. In 41 days, I will:xmas:

Perhaps some ambitious entrepreneur will build something similar in Baton Rouge or New Orleans someday:cool: I think it would work well in an "overgrown college town" with people who appreciate humor.

I look forward to seeing the Superdome and my Saints on TV tonight knowing chills will run down my spine because of everything they mean to me and my state. "This is NEW ORLEANS!"-Drew "Breesus" Brees

I also look forward to watching the Saints tonight..I love them and Drew Brees and Reggie Bush especially..and I will continue to cheer the Saints on regardless of where I live..though chills do not run down my spine because I see the Superdome or the Saints..:shrug:

I am not in love with New Orleans..never have been never will be...but there are many things about the city that I do enjoy..and always will.

Nothing wrong with that at all..:)

dznygirl64

Rebuilding New Orleans was a mistake,they should have removed the bridges and let it go back to swamp land.I have been there twice what a creapy city.You dont even feel like your in the US.You can move your sports teams to another city and still enjoy them.

EPCOT Explorer

Thank you!

I guess in my eyes though ever since I can remember..I do not think of Louisiana as "Home"..:shrug:
What is home, then?
Wha? Is your hobby just trash talkin' stuff you don't have that much experience of? You really need to work on that ya' know...
:lol:

No...I was just making a comparison. :rolleyes: And I have been...We stopped in Orl. in 2007. We passed some nice areas and some bad ones too.:wave:

maggiegrace1

Rebuilding New Orleans was a mistake,they should have removed the bridges and let it go back to swamp land.I have been there twice what a creapy city.You dont even feel like your in the US.You can move your sports teams to another city and still enjoy them.
umm..I may not be the biggest fan of the place but people..we..still live here...:hammer::brick:

Also..like I said earlier..there are many many places here in New Orleans that are great.....and fun..I am just not a fan of living here..if I could I would move up north in a heartbeat..but that does not mean they should let it all go to swampland and shut it down..:brick:

So, lets just tear down a whole city and make everyone who lives here and has lived here forever just pick up and go elsewhere?:veryconfu

I think you need to think before you post...seriously..you have no idea what you are talking about..

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom