Soarin - Mississippi Flyway

MKCP 1985

For the cost of the attraction compared to who is going to pay to ride . . . they won't get Disney type crowds filling up every seat all day long from opening to close. Sounds like a bad deal for taxpayers.

That said, I don't agree that an awesome show couldn't be filmed if they tried hard enough. Starting at the Minnesota headwaters, flowing south through the mid-west, with the St. Louis arch, the cotton fields and crop duster planes of the Mississippi delta, the migratory birds flying south - ducks and geese - the changes of season from ice to spring flooding, to . . . well, I'd probably skip the late summer low water marks. :lol: There are white tail deer and black bear along the river. River traffic from the tugs pulling barges to sunbathers on sandbars with their pleasure craft.

It could be done right and worth a reasonable daily admission price.

CaptainMichael

Admission to the rides and exhibits will cost an estimated $17 to $20 for an all-day ticket, Monsour said.

They are callling the park a "mini Epcot Center" and will be education focused. This would be a great place for Baton Rouge and surrounding area schools to field trip to.

maggiegrace1

For the cost of the attraction compared to who is going to pay to ride . . . they won't get Disney type crowds filling up every seat all day long from opening to close. Sounds like a bad deal for taxpayers.

That said, I don't agree that an awesome show couldn't be filmed if they tried hard enough. Starting at the Minnesota headwaters, flowing south through the mid-west, with the St. Louis arch, the cotton fields and crop duster planes of the Mississippi delta, the migratory birds flying south - ducks and geese - the changes of season from ice to spring flooding, to . . . well, I'd probably skip the late summer low water marks. :lol: There are white tail deer and black bear along the river. River traffic from the tugs pulling barges to sunbathers on sandbars with their pleasure craft.

Why would you want to see that?

:lookaroun

bradandsarabr

Original Poster
I find it amusing that the people in the advertisement about the ride don't even look like that they are having fun. :lol:

Here's to SwampCot.

Lucky

They could fly over Busch Stadium in St. Louis, with a baseball headed toward you like the golf ball in Soarin' over Calilfornia.

EpcotServo

*Goes to speak, but stops.*

*Goes to speak again and stops*

*Scratches head*

Soooo....Soarin' over nothing?

:lol:

Seriously, come on down to blatant copyright infringement land. Unless Disney is willing to take a boatload of money for selling the Ride System, I think some Imagineers might have to go poke some eyes out with Erector sets.

EPCOTPluto

Soooo....Soarin' over nothing?

About so. :rolleyes::lol:

Seriously, come on down to blatant copyright infringement land. Unless Disney is willing to take a boatload of money for selling the Ride System, I think some Imagineers might have to go poke some eyes out with Erector sets.
Which I believe they certainly won't sell. And will be a waste of taxpayer money anyway... :lookaroun

EpcotServo

Which I believe they certainly won't sell. And will be a waste of taxpayer money anyway... :lookaroun

On one hand, if it does get approved, I and some at Imagineering would be proud, it'd kinda be enderaing if people loved Soarin' so much they'd be willing to spend Tax money on one of their own...

But Disney will swoop down and inspect their methods of Flight, that's for sure.

So a crazed statesman comes and tries to bring back Soarin'...what other states have ideas to bring popular attractions to their state?

-Big Thunder Nevada: An exciting rush through legalized gambling and WaterWorks projects.

-Splash Maine: Singing Lobsters and Fishermen go on a wacky tale ending in a giant drop down GayMarriage Hill.

-Tower of Texas: A frighting journey through a dilapidated church, plummeting 13 stories down in Education Budget!

-Kentucky Midway Mania: From Jockey to Beggar, nobady's a winnah!

- New Jersey Laugh Floor: (No Comment)

-Expedition South Carolina: Journey through the foothills of the state, in search of the legendary senator!

-Utah Presents Countdown to Creationism: Pray or be Prey, as you avoid being smite'ed along with the Dinosaurs, wayyyy back 6,000 years ago!

-Rock N' Alaska Roller Coaster: RUSSIAN down the cold Alaska Night in a Stretch Pick up truck! But be careful, the Bridge to Nowhere is out and traffic is really jammed!

*Note: States lampooned for Comedy purposes only

EPCOT Explorer

Looks AWESOME to me.:D a Mini EPCOT? Sign me up.:lol:

On one hand, if it does get approved, I and some at Imagineering would be proud, it'd kinda be enderaing if people loved Soarin' so much they'd be willing to spend Tax money on one of their own...

But Disney will swoop down and inspect their methods of Flight, that's for sure.

So a crazed statesman comes and tries to bring back Soarin'...what other states have ideas to bring popular attractions to their state?

-Big Thunder Nevada: An exciting rush through legalized gambling and WaterWorks projects.

-Splash Maine: Singing Lobsters and Fishermen go on a wacky tale ending in a giant drop down GayMarriage Hill.

-Tower of Texas: A frighting journey through a dilapidated church, plummeting 13 stories down in Education Budget!

-Expedition South Carolina: Journey through the foothills of the state, in search of the legendary senator!

-Utah Presents Countdown to Creationism: Pray or be Prey, as you avoid being smite'ed along with the Dinosaurs, wayyyy back 6,000 years ago!

-Rock N' Alaska Roller Coaster: RUSSIAN down the cold Alaska Night in a Stretch Pick up truck! But be careful, the Bridge to Nowhere is out and traffic is really jammed!

This post. FTW.:ROFLOL:

Jasonflz

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: I wonder what the other Epcot type rides will be like.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom