Soarin' Expansion and new Soarin' Around the World film

Haymarket2008

I usually don't post on here. I just enjoy reading the updates and ideas. I love Soarin and Epcot, but I do think the park could use some improvements. I would absolutely love to see a Tron coaster there. Epcot is the only park without a roller coaster and the theme would fit in perfectly. I think they should do away with the Ellen ride and the empty pavilion that sets in that corner of the park and use that space. It wouldn't be like you were really missing out on anything. They would just be adding to the park. Hopefully once Shanghai opens and starts generating some revenue more improvements can be made at home. The coaster looks incredible and would be a great asset to Epcot's futuristic theme.

Tron has no business being in Epcot. The inclusion of Nemo, for example, was to support a pavilion's theme. Tron would literally do nothing of the sort.

Wikkler

unless there was a TECHNOLOGY Pavilion... (looking at you WoL) that would showcase bleeding edge technologies <caveat: needs updating at least Yearly>
If Tron was cutting edge, it would fit.
Tron_Lightcycles.jpg

It's not.

FigmentForver96

Had they updated it (or Innoventions) yearly, sure. They opted to go the cartoon character route, instead. Plan B, if you will.
Communicore was certainly the better of the two. I was saying there was no need to use the former Health and Body pavilion when there is already four buildings made for the display of technology.

ToTBellHop

Health and fitness?
Have you seen the average park goer?
The average guest also couldn't care less about vegetables yet we get a whole pavilion complete with a hang-glider E-ticket when a hang-glider could never support the scooter-set. Just because the average guest weights 532 lbs. doesn't mean they wouldn't like a pavilion about health and fitness. I imagine it could include a new E-ticket called Bike your A$$ Off where guests virtually bike around World Showcase (while being chased by a carnotaurus?).

I miss that ride...always thought it was cool as a kid. And now my gym has one of those. Go figure. Future World used to be futuristic.

Incomudro

The average guest also couldn't care less about vegetables yet we get a whole pavilion complete with a hang-glider E-ticket when a hang-glider could never support the scooter-set. Just because the average guest weights 532 lbs. doesn't mean they wouldn't like a pavilion about health and fitness. I imagine it could include a new E-ticket called Bike your A$$ Off where guests virtually bike around World Showcase (while being chased by a carnotaurus?).

I miss that ride...always thought it was cool as a kid. And now my gym has one of those. Go figure. Future World used to be futuristic.

I think it's very difficult to project a futuristic vision in a theme park nowadays.
Most of what we used to envision is obviously not going to happen.
Additionally, futuristic attractions get dated in a way that timeless attractions do not.
I live a health and fitness lifestyle myself, but would have little interest in visiting a pavilion themed that way while on vacation.
I'd imagine that many park goers wouldn't either - unless perhaps it was mobility scooter accessible.

KYgirl

Tron has no business being in Epcot. The inclusion of Nemo, for example, was to support a pavilion's theme. Tron would literally do nothing of the sort.
Geez, I didn't realize this would spark so much debate. It was just an idea, one that I thought was pretty good. Everyone's entitled to their own opinions but I think I learned my lesson. I don't think I will post again, just enjoy the news and updates.

SherlockWayne

The park's original designers would seem to disagree, there's some pretty interesting concept art out there of a Tron Arcade/Game Grid planned for CommuniCore. I would assume it was cancelled due to budgetary constraints. While Tron 82 may be a bit dated, the concept of Tron as personification/anthropomorphization of the digital frontier still could easily have a home in a stronger Epcot. Now, I'm not sure it's the coaster from Shanghai, as I feel that would fit the Studios better, but the concepts of Tron itself could definitely find a place in the Epcot pantheon.

DisneyRoy

The park's original designers would seem to disagree, there's some pretty interesting concept art out there of a Tron Arcade/Game Grid planned for CommuniCore. I would assume it was cancelled due to budgetary constraints. While Tron 82 may be a bit dated, the concept of Tron as personification/anthropomorphization of the digital frontier still could easily have a home in a stronger Epcot. Now, I'm not sure it's the coaster from Shanghai, as I feel that would fit the Studios better, but the concepts of Tron itself could definitely find a place in the Epcot pantheon.

Completely agree. At least some type of "digital frontier" area in one of the Innoventions plazas would be nice anyways.

Animaniac93-98

But they did such a great job with Habit Heroes! ;)

I think Habit Heroes is a perfect example of why the concept of a Health & Fitness pavilion is dead on arrival in the year 2016. Such a pavilion by its very nature presents a self-professed standard for lifestyle and eating choices and that kind of generalization (no matter how innocently presented) does not gell with a PC culture of zero judgement allowed. Despite the significant increase in physical fitness centres, fashions and lifestyles in North America, there is an equally big pushback that sees the whole thing as peer pressure and body shaming.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom