Soarin' Expansion and new Soarin' Around the World film

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
Looks like the Soarin' expansion is actually happening. Permit filed for the address of Soarin' with the description "Add facility to existing attraction - Project 87". Main contractor is PCL construction services who is the one doing Disney Springs and some of the hotel room rehabs. Expiration is 9/30/2016.

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
Looks like the Soarin' expansion is actually happening. Permit filed for the address of Soarin' with the description "Add facility to existing attraction - Project 87". Main contractor is PCL construction services who is the one doing Disney Springs and some of the hotel room rehabs. Expiration is 9/30/2016.
Truly hope that this comes with the new film.

I still wish they would have spent this money to upgrade one of the other attractions in Future World, and use that to draw down the capacity issues at Soarin.

Last edited:

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Good spot! Thanks.

Thanks for posting!

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
Truly hope that this comes with the few film.

I still wish they would have spent this money to upgrade one of the other attractions in Future World, and use that to draw down the capacity issues at Soarin.

Soarin' over the land is pretty much the funnest thing in the whole world and much, much better than singing fruits, Spaceship Boring, and the American History Lecture that you love so much. And don't start to lecture me about all the moldy, oldy, sit still and look at stuff attractions that needed to be bulldozed so I could Blast Off to Space!, ride fast in Space Car, and store stuff for the Festival of Flowers and Yum, Yum, Drinky Town.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
LOL.

Well it would be one heck of a warehouse. There are some serious outfits listed in that permit.
That is actually a pretty basic list for almost any commercial building. You have your owner, general contractor, structural engineer, mechanical systems engineer (AC, plumbing,etc), civil engineer (site work, drainage, etc), electrical contractor, fire protection contractor, drywall contractor and the mechanical contractor.

tumblr_m42o02gdC01ro07b4o1_500.gif

Kman101

This is needed. Of course I'd rather they put the money towards the rides that we all know need help, but I can see the need for it. Maybe I'll ride Soarin' more than once or twice in decade. However, demand of a new film, I can't see the wait times being THAT decreased. But anything will help. The problem was them diverting money away from other projects to Frozen, however, hopefully that means a better job than many are expecting. (LOL, I know ...). And let's be real, if it were just up to TDO we'd probably have Soarin over Cali for another 10 years.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom