Soarin' Expansion and new Soarin' Around the World film

Kamikaze

I love the ride. One of my favorites at both resorts but its sad when people consider good rides at epcot and the only two that ever come to ones mind is sorian or test track.

So, just Soarin, then.

(I actually don't feel this way. I enjoy Mission Space for what it is, SSE, LwtL. Mostly everything. But Test Track is not a good attraction. Even after it was updated.)

Last edited:

Daveeeeed

Epcot is a beautiful park like Magic Kingdom or Tokyo DIsneySea, but it lacks rides. Imagine instead of cloning Ratatouille to France, use that space to add Aladdin to Morocco. You could be on a Magic Carpet using the KUKA Arm because when this stuff is built the KUKA Arm's exclusivity right for Universal will be no more. Imagination could be touring a lab in the future that got run down by creepy plants, and Figment is somehow still there, they could also expand the show building and gut the insides of the current one. Use in theory the same type of vehicles, but make it more of a light thrill roller coaster, like Gringotts. Now for the Universe of Energy I hope so darn badly they decide to keep the current music as it is incredible, but it would be awesome if they either gutted it completely, or at the very least if they were to use those vehicles do something interesting with it. Future World's plaza and buildings inside of it look futuristic, but the interior and exterior could use a facelift. A new Brazil pavilion could be at the African Outpost (this though might be impossible since the fireworks are loaded onto the barges behind it, but could the just push that back further then?) The Brazil pavilion could a a boat ride that goes through the amazon that combines real animals with scenery, and real fish. Also coffee farms, and logging could be showcased. Living with the Land needs at least 30 million to make it great again. The land pavilion is truly gorgeous, but it needs to look like the 2000's not the 1980's, so reskinning could be done for this. IROE is incredible even to this day honestly I don't understand even the slightest need to replace it. Yeah it is old, and the fireworks are always the same, but oh my goodness for instance the music like future world's music etc. is just mind boggling good. IMO not a single good reason to replace it. You could add to it like projection mapping, and water screens, but to all out replace it is kind of silly. I think there needs to be at least one roller coaster as Epcot is the only Disney park in the world not to have one, and because it would obviously be popular. It could be spread across Future World like was at one time in the drawing board. Not too high, and in essence a bare bones rollercoaster except that it would have a design and purpose so you couldn't even see the track. There could also be two dark ride scene one in future world east and the other in West, and with a slightly different experience for sunset/night then from the day. The 'Health' pavilion could showcase one attraction which honestly at this time I have no idea what it could be. The split walkways from Spaceship Earth to the Future World fountain plaza area needs to be redone, and there could be shopping on either sides of it. First Aid building/area could be reskinned to make it look sleek and modern. And last, but not least. improvements like a better walkway, and shopping between Spaceship Earth, and the fountain plaza could be done at the same time as a new attraction opens, but I feel that for Epcot instead of doing a massive expansion like Hollywood Studios the best way is to open one new ride for FutureWorld a year, while fixing up The Land's outdated look, and doing World Showcase stuff at the same time. This way they could also do it alongside other parks' expansions, because if you split the anticipation for a half a billion+ dollar land there's not really a point, but a land plus an epic new ride for Epcot would keep people going back. That's just my opinion though :)

FigmentForver96

So, just Soarin, then.

(I actually don't feel this way. I enjoy Mission Space for what it is, SSE, LwtL. Mostly everything. But Test Track is not a good attraction. Even after it was updated.)
I enjoy many things at Epcot. World Showcase is actually my favorite places to spend time in and I would often go and read a book in United Kingdom. The general populace majorly like the two rides. We now see lines for all the rides (40 minutes for Figment anyone?) due to FP+.

FigmentForver96

DCA has less lines for Soarin' now that Cars Land is the location of the most popular attraction in the Anaheim resort.
Plus the park has many great rides and attractions that balance out the crowds. The park is filled with E-Tickets like Tower of Terror, Cali Screamin, Radiator Spring Racers and plenty of smaller rides to fill in the gap. The potential for Epcot is there as we have seen in the past, it's simply a matter of using it.

Marc Davis Fan

Are they actually expanding the ride so more people can experience it? Like what they are doing with Toy Story Mania? Or it just the new film? It's so popular it would make sense to add more rides to it!

Yes, it's a 3rd theater (in addition to the new film and new digital projectors, etc). That should really help with capacity.

You can use search to find WDWMagic's original reporting and additional discussion on this a while back, with some more details.

Last edited:

bhg469

Are they actually expanding the ride so more people can experience it? Like what they are doing with Toy Story Mania? Or it just the new film? It's so popular it would make sense to add more rides to it!

It is getting an additional theater and a new film with new projectors for all three theaters. It is a much needed upgrade but this park needs much more than added capacity to an already very busy attraction.

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
The current score is very tightly tied to the video so there is almost no way they could use it as is. It could be re-worked, or they could go with an entirely new score.

Would be nice to at least keep the general melody of the original score... it is very memorable and always brings a smile to my face when I hear it!.

Anyone else hoping for better transitions between the segments? I always thought that it would have been better if between segments, instead of just cutting from one location directly to the next if they panned up into the sky or you passed through a cloud or something to make it a bit more seamless of a transition between segments... I mean, the current method doesn't kill the ride or anything... I guess it's just more personal preference as to how I'd like to see it...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom