Soarin' Expansion and new Soarin' Around the World film

dstrawn9889

I spoke with a CM of the reservation crew (i know it's not the most credible source) that said the opening of the ride was scheduled for may 27th ... Anybody else saw that date anywhere ?? Going may 14-24 and was hoping for a soft opening .. Thanks everybody !!
let me reiterate a point: 'NEVER' plan a trip around the supposed openings/closings of attractions. until you see a note about a closing or a grand opening on the DPB - dont plan on seeing it (if you do get to go on it, GREAT! BONUS!) this keeps from getting your/their hopes up before the trip.

JohnD

I spoke with a CM of the reservation crew (i know it's not the most credible source) that said the opening of the ride was scheduled for may 27th ... Anybody else saw that date anywhere ?? Going may 14-24 and was hoping for a soft opening .. Thanks everybody !!

Hope so. I'm looking at hopefully going during that time. Already made very good ADRs 180 days out. But my work schedule may prevent me. No worries. I'm a Florida Resident. Backup plan is for October.

let me reiterate a point: 'NEVER' plan a trip around the supposed openings/closings of attractions. until you see a note about a closing or a grand opening on the DPB - dont plan on seeing it (if you do get to go on it, GREAT! BONUS!) this keeps from getting your/their hopes up before the trip.
I don't plan it around those opening ... I'm from Canada and this trip was planned way before they even confirmed soarin or btmrr or all the stuff in hollywood studios were closing. I was just wondering if anybody else heard that date somewhere since theres a lot of people on that forum tjat seems to know a lot of things :) for the moment all of this stuff is closed and while we would have prefered them to be open we will still be in WDW and have a blast

MadMax11

I don't plan it around those opening ... I'm from Canada and this trip was planned way before they even confirmed soarin or btmrr or all the stuff in hollywood studios were closing. I was just wondering if anybody else heard that date somewhere since theres a lot of people on that forum tjat seems to know a lot of things :) for the moment all of this stuff is closed and while we would have prefered them to be open we will still be in WDW and have a blast
I'm hoping for the same. My family and I will be in the parks from the 4th through the 11th of June. EPCOT is our favorite park, and Soarin' is a big part of that.

Clamman73

That's the IN, and that's the OUT?
SoarinThird.jpeg

FigmentForver96

If Epcot had the same amount of attractions as DCA, it would be about 20-40min wait time vs the 100mins
If the giant people eaters there like Universe of Energy, Journey Into Imagination with Figment, Health Pavilion, Living Seas with Nemo and Friends, Innovations and Mission: Space were great rides that actually worth riding then the line would probably be much shorter. Its not there isn't stuff there, its the stuff is stupidly outdated.

RSoxNo1

The third theater coming to Soarin' is a good thing, much like the third track coming to Toy Story. However, it's only step one to both problems. We've already seen that Disney is addressing the issue of needing additional attractions at DHS, but Epcot will still be in need of significant upgrades after Soarin' and Frozen open.

Fox&Hound

The third theater coming to Soarin' is a good thing, much like the third track coming to Toy Story. However, it's only step one to both problems. We've already seen that Disney is addressing the issue of needing additional attractions at DHS, but Epcot will still be in need of significant upgrades after Soarin' and Frozen open.

I have to believe that $$$ is coming to Epcot after DHS and AK get love. I just hope and pray that plans are being devised as we speak rather than waiting five years and then management asking the question, "So, what do we do with Epcot?"

Monoblanco13

If the giant people eaters there like Universe of Energy, Journey Into Imagination with Figment, Health Pavilion, Living Seas with Nemo and Friends, Innovations and Mission: Space were great rides that actually worth riding then the line would probably be much shorter. Its not there isn't stuff there, its the stuff is stupidly outdated.
I do agree with this though at the same time I do not believe Soarin to be as great as most people make it out to be. Well differences of opinions I guess

Bocabear

Hopefully the actual opening of Shanghai will pay off and fix this problem 2 to 3 years later?
Which I guess means that 2 to 3 years past the opening of Shanghai Disneyland, IF it is a success, they will allocate some funds for EPCOT to begin the planning of adding new attractions... Which would translate to what ? 2022-3?

DVCOwner

A Long Time DVC Member

As someone that is labeled a :pixie duster", I am in total agreement with you. Disney has to do something to improve Epcot. I like that Disney is starting to spend big at Walt Disney World, but now is the time to start looking for what they can do for Epcot.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Which I guess means that 2 to 3 years past the opening of Shanghai Disneyland, IF it is a success, they will allocate some funds for EPCOT to begin the planning of adding new attractions... Which would translate to what ? 2022-3?

Better then than never.

Monoblanco13

I love the ride. One of my favorites at both resorts but its sad when people consider good rides at epcot and the only two that ever come to ones mind is sorian or test track.
Funny enough some of my favorite attractions are Living with the Land and Spaceship Earth. I do look forward to the day when Imagination is a big thing again, as well as Energy. Here's hoping most problems with Epcot are handled when the time comes. Until then the festivals are what going to keep people flocking to the park.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom