Soarin' Expansion and new Soarin' Around the World film

ToTBellHop

I really do wish they would bring back the restaurant, it's nice to have an option away from the main building, away from the hustle and bustle. Something more of an escape. Always felt a little bit more like you were actually on an island there.
I would have thought it an obvious choice when they built to DVC--have a "new" restaurant by the studio villas. A missed opportunity. Like the bulk of the Poly DVC project.

PizzaPlanet

is there any validity to body wars being used to test star tours 2 as [insert name here] posted?
Yes there is. In this official article from Disney, it states, "And Body Wars was instrumental when the company was redesigning its Star Tours attraction; this is where early versions of the new ride would be tested out, and parts from Body Wars were often used when the Star Tours vehicles needed some extra love."

Here it is if you want to check it out:
http://blogs.disney.com/insider/2015/07/31/the-wonders-of-the-wonders-of-life/

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
I was married at the Poly in 2011 and we had our cake and champagne reception in the Tangarora Terrace- I totally geeked out! It desperately needs updating

I really do wish they would bring back the restaurant, it's nice to have an option away from the main building, away from the hustle and bustle. Something more of an escape. Always felt a little bit more like you were actually on an island there.

I would have thought it an obvious choice when they built to DVC--have a "new" restaurant by the studio villas. A missed opportunity. Like the bulk of the Poly DVC project.

Yup - The Poly DVC screams 'cheap and nasty'
While I am certainly not the "forum" police, do we really need to discuss the Poly and DVC in the Soarin' Expansion thread???? Just askin'.

FerretAfros

Here are some photos of the new theater from the 10K on Friday, January 8. It appeared that the exterior of the building was nearly complete, including the access stairs on the south side of the building. There appeared to be a few beams or narrow roof panels sticking off the east end of the roof (the high end, toward the existing theaters), but the exterior appeared to be otherwise complete as best I could see. These photos were taken from Avenue of the Stars on the south side of the building
P1130911.JPG

P1130913.JPG

And now that Shanghai has announced an opening date of 6/16/16, it seems likely that when Epcot's Soarin' reopens in "summer 2016" (officially beginning on June 22), that it will show the new Over the Horizon film, rather than having a brief reprise of the California film before switching over
These photos were taken from Avenue of the Stars on the south side of the building

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Nope. They were doing that at night and occasionally during the day with the Foxtrot simulator at star tours. As I understand it the simulators were removed from bodywars a few years ago although I couldn't tell you why nor confirm that they are indeed missing.
Testing was indeed also done in BodyWars ;)

They are also indeed missing as in gone. The sim rooms are now storerooms. Sadly. One was the last place I saw the Muppetmobile.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
Anybody know anything about this? Is this the new score?

It doesn't look like it. Here is the piece of music

It was created by http://www.immediatemusic.com/ which creates music for trailers, tv, movies, video games, etc. It's on one of their albums so Disney is probably just using it for the teaser video. With that said, it is a pretty cool piece of music.

azox

It doesn't look like it. Here is the piece of music

It was created by http://www.immediatemusic.com/ which creates music for trailers, tv, movies, video games, etc. It's on one of their albums so Disney is probably just using it for the teaser video. With that said, it is a pretty cool piece of music.

I am very glad you posted this. There is still hope that the soarin theme might return. (even if it's redone by a new composer, hopefully they will keep the feel of the original score by the late Jerry Goldsmith)

Admiral01

Premium Member
Update from Soarin construction inside The Land - no change whatsoever.

IMG_7723.JPG

You see, for this image, I used a slightly overexposed aperture to highlight the tracked lighting above the entrance way. This helps capture the essence of the beige construction doors as they contrast with the primary colors in the signs, namely blue and yellow, but some red. And I did it all on my iPhone 6S. The only thing that changed was everything...

Ralphlaw

So, instead of wading through 78 pages and 1500 posts, I'm asking: What's the new Soarin' gonna be? California? Somewhere else specific? Random like Star Tours? It looks like things got off track a bit on this thread.

By the way, I tend to agree with the criticism that Disney seems to allow good (and sometimes great) things to decay away.

1. Wonders of Life.
2, Odyssey building.
3. The Spectromagic parade.
4. The old boat tours at Animal Kingdom.
5. The Skyway.
6. River Country.

Replacing things makes arguable sense. Mothballing them often doesn't. Opening up Wonders of Life at times, especially busy times, makes sense from my viewpoint ala the Tomorrowland Noodle Station. I suppose that may be impossible given costs and upkeep. But to have it just sitting there behind some trees is an embarrassment.

Also, allowing Spectromagic to rust away was a crime. I just heard the music again at home, and what a great parade that was. They replaced it with Electric Light, and then let it sit out in the elements, and then ultimately demolished it. Stupid.

MagicHappens1971

So, instead of wading through 78 pages and 1500 posts, I'm asking: What's the new Soarin' gonna be? California? Somewhere else specific? Random like Star Tours? It looks like things got off track a bit on this thread.

By the way, I tend to agree with the criticism that Disney seems to allow good (and sometimes great) things to decay away.

1. Wonders of Life.
2, Odyssey building.
3. The Spectromagic parade.
4. The old boat tours at Animal Kingdom.
5. The Skyway.
6. River Country.

Replacing things makes arguable sense. Mothballing them often doesn't. Opening up Wonders of Life at times, especially busy times, makes sense from my viewpoint ala the Tomorrowland Noodle Station. I suppose that may be impossible given costs and upkeep. But to have it just sitting there behind some trees is an embarrassment.

Also, allowing Spectromagic to rust away was a crime. I just heard the music again at home, and what a great parade that was. They replaced it with Electric Light, and then let it sit out in the elements, and then ultimately demolished it. Stupid.
It's called Soarin' Over the World

A foolish mortal

Update from Soarin construction inside The Land - no change whatsoever.

View attachment 127354

You see, for this image, I used a slightly overexposed aperture to highlight the tracked lighting above the entrance way. This helps capture the essence of the beige construction doors as they contrast with the primary colors in the signs, namely blue and yellow, but some red. And I did it all on my iPhone 6S. The only thing that changed was everything...
I'm dying :p

I spoke with a CM of the reservation crew (i know it's not the most credible source) that said the opening of the ride was scheduled for may 27th ... Anybody else saw that date anywhere ?? Going may 14-24 and was hoping for a soft opening .. Thanks everybody !!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom