Soarin' Expansion and new Soarin' Around the World film

Pluto89

Looking at other recent openings, SDMT officially opened May 28th as well and started soft openings for the GP on May 21st, so it's possible... assuming May 28th is indeed the actual hard opening...
Well let's hope so our trip is 14th-21st and it will be my husbands 1st visit so I would hate to miss it!:(

flynnibus

Premium Member
DCA has less lines for Soarin' now that Cars Land is the location of the most popular attraction in the Anaheim resort.

It has less lines even before CarsLand and DCA v2..

And on top of that Epcot has over 3M more times that people walk through those gates.

And also only a short walk from a park with much more visitors.. that could come over to DCA to ride Soarin' if they wanted.

Fact of the matter is simply Soarin' simply has a ton of more stuff around it to do and experience that people actually want to do. So it doesn't get as mobbed.

Marlins1

I understand that DL draws a much higher percentage of local guests than WDW. That could be another reason for the shorter lines. Flying over a state than you live in (even an incredibly scenic state like CA) is probably a lot less interesting.

dstrawn9889

I understand that DL draws a much higher percentage of local guests than WDW. That could be another reason for the shorter lines. Flying over a state than you live in (even an incredibly scenic state like CA) is probably a lot less interesting.
well that, and with them refusing to swap the orange and pine scents for the more realistic mercaptan and smog cartridges... they dont feel it is realsitic enough

No Name

That's the IN, and that's the OUT?
View attachment 131166

Think there's enough room for a fourth theater there? I imagine that if they had that whole space to work with but chose to put it so close to the greenhouses, that indicates that they left an equal size plot for the fourth theater that will be needed one day. Or maybe where they put it was just most convienant with entrances and exits. A fourth theater is actually needed today, which is why I think they should've added two more theaters at the same time instead of just the one, but again that's assuming they have the room. It looks like they may have barely left enough room to squeeze in another someday in the future, but does anyone know for sure?

RSoxNo1

I guess that is why they were forced to spend billions to redo it. To many choices!
The attraction lineup at DCA wasn't as big a problem as the half assed theming. There was a park wide (non-Hollywoodland edition) beautification that made up a lot of the budget to redo that park.

Clamman73

Think there's enough room for a fourth theater there? I imagine that if they had that whole space to work with but chose to put it so close to the greenhouses, that indicates that they left an equal size plot for the fourth theater that will be needed one day. Or maybe where they put it was just most convienant with entrances and exits. A fourth theater is actually needed today, which is why I think they should've added two more theaters at the same time instead of just the one, but again that's assuming they have the room. It looks like they may have barely left enough room to squeeze in another someday in the future, but does anyone know for sure?
I don't know, but has it been confirmed that this third theatre is exactly the same size as one of the other two, or is it a little bigger and has more capacity.

DisneyRoy

I don't know for sure, but looking at the pictures it appears as if they arbitrarily put the new theater there. There WAS room for a fourth, but it doesn't look like they were thinking about that and will be stopping at three.

Goofyernmost

The attraction lineup at DCA wasn't as big a problem as the half assed theming. There was a park wide (non-Hollywoodland edition) beautification that made up a lot of the budget to redo that park.
Sure, but, it had the same results... no one was going there, so no remarkable lines. It takes people wanting to see something to create the lines. I went there during the Disneyland 50th and it was like a ghost town through out the park. In that case two attractions would be an overabundance of things to do.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
I don't know for sure, but looking at the pictures it appears as if they arbitrarily put the new theater there. There WAS room for a fourth, but it doesn't look like they were thinking about that and will be stopping at three.

Yeah, I think if they had any intention of adding a fourth that would have oriented the new one the same way as the existing one.

Jon81uk

Does that mean there is Hope of some sort of Soft Opening on June 4th? Obviously I ask because I will be in EPCOT on that day. :)

Its reported that Shanghai will get the premiere of the new Soarin' over the World film. Therefore its unlikely that it will be shown early in Epcot or DCA. The new theatre might re-open showing the California film first, but I also think that is unlikely.

olie64

So what exactly does Shanghai gain by having the new film first? It's not like it's going to be exclusive to them very long, I can't see it having much extra publicity value considering they are opening a whole new park along with it.

Im guessing the Chinese government could have had something to do it with. That's why I think there no way Shanghai will be a failure because their government wont let HKDL do better. never underestimate the power a communist government.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom