Soarin' Expansion and new Soarin' Around the World film

Cmdr_Crimson

It's probably been asked and answered, but with such a long downtime, can we say there'll be a re theme, in particular for the extraordinarily dull que?

Pretty sure it's going to...There was mentioning of them gutting the Kitchen Kabaret/Food Rocks stage that stood right behind the wall as you first entered the attracion to make it more open..

Found on google...
DSC00129.jpg

Unplugged

Pretty sure it's going to...There was mentioning of them gutting the Kitchen Kabaret/Food Rocks stage that stood right behind the wall as you first entered the attraction to make it more open..

They hadn't gutted the rest of KK/FR? Now that's being cheap! No wonder why they have so many disjointed walls and such. Were they thinking "Well, if this multi-million dollar Soarin' thing doesn't pan out, we can always fall back on the beloved Food Rocks."

That's so bizarre to me as clearing it out initially would have been so much easier and cheaper at the time. Oh well, I can't say I've ever seen a post on here about the genius of TDO.

ToTBellHop

They hadn't gutted the rest of KK/FR? Now that's being cheap! No wonder why they have so many disjointed walls and such. Were they thinking "Well, if this multi-million dollar Soarin' thing doesn't pan out, we can always fall back on the beloved Food Rocks."

That's so bizarre to me as clearing it out initially would have been so much easier and cheaper at the time. Oh well, I can't say I've ever seen a post on here about the genius of TDO.
They routinely leave old things until they need to remove them for something new. Rent a boat and drive by River Country or Discovery Island. There's also an old restaurant at Poly just sitting there...

R2D2 1982

That picture is from a long long time ago. Trust me the stage area has been empty way before they started to work with the restrooms.

PorterRedkey

They routinely leave old things until they need to remove them for something new. Rent a boat and drive by River Country or Discovery Island. There's also an old restaurant at Poly just sitting there...

Exactly! Until the Tangled toilets took it's spot, the old Fantasyland Skyway station stood untouched.

Unplugged

It was pretty well gone. In 2005 just the actual stage area was left - in various stages of disrepair. Anything of value and all tech had gone. Since then bit by bit more was removed until just a open empty space remained.
Thanks for the insight. It still amazes me how long they let some things sit gathering dust when they have no intention of bringing it back. Just crazy at times.

Monoblanco13

It was pretty well gone. In 2005 just the actual stage area was left - in various stages of disrepair. Anything of value and all tech had gone. Since then bit by bit more was removed until just a open empty space remained.

What about the Wonders of Life Pavilion? I was told both Cranium Command and Body Wars are still sitting there in a state of disrepair but sitting there never the less. Any hope this pavilion will come back one day?

Side note I also I saw your Carousel of Progress Tribute last night, thanks for that. =)

ABQ

What about the Wonders of Life Pavilion? I was told both Cranium Command and Body Wars are still sitting there in a state of disrepair but sitting there never the less. Any hope this pavilion will come back one day?

Side note I also I saw your Carousel of Progress Tribute last night, thanks for that. =)
Wars is not, simulators are gone. Cranium Command would be another story.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member

Thank you :)

Body Wars queue line is still standing... just. The 4 sim bays are empty and used for storage.

Cranium is mostly intact onstage, with a lot of backstage equipment removed.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom