So we're exactly 3 years away from WDW's 40th. When do they start prepping?

djkidkaz

Original Poster
The DAK plans should become clear as and when the phasing is finalised.

It`s been quite a Journey.

Phasing? What is phasing exactly?

Oh and I just looked up Journey on youtube and the ride looks awesome! I love the exterior of it with the subs outside ( I wonder if Disney would rehab the old subs they have sitting on property? ) and the interior looks very exciting and detailed!

Im hoping that this comes to pass, but I will try to assume its not as I don't want to get my hopes up.

SirGoofy

Phasing? What is phasing exactly?

Oh and I just looked up Journey on youtube and the ride looks awesome! I love the exterior of it with the subs outside ( I wonder if Disney would rehab the old subs they have sitting on property? ) and the interior looks very exciting and detailed!

Im hoping that this comes to pass, but I will try to assume its not as I don't want to get my hopes up.

Actually the sub outside of JTTCOTE is just a model. The 20K Leagues in Tokyo is an indoor dark ride that makes it seem like you are under water, therefore allowing the ride to last longer/maintenance be easier.

itasman

As far as I know, Joe Rhode isn't involved with this AK project. Since the completion of everest he was working on a project for Epcot Center as well as being involved with the designs of a possible Shanghai Disneyland.

Does anyone know what Epcot project Rohde was / is working on?

jt04

If I had to guess I'd say the Japan Bullet Train simulator, but I honestly have no idea.

I have no idea either but I am certain Lee or Marni do.

Personally I am hoping for Austrailia (since I think he said he does not want to put it in AK) or.....

Mt Fuji roller coaster or.....

Peru or.....

Soarin Over Europe (Italy or Germany pavilion) or.....

Rhine River Cruise or.....

all the above.

SirGoofy

I have no idea either but I am certain Lee or Marni do.

Personally I am hoping for Austrailia (since I think he said he does not want to put it in AK) or.....

Mt Fuji roller coaster or.....

Peru or.....

Soarin Over Europe (Italy or Germany pavilion) or.....

Rhine River Cruise or.....

all the above.

1)Not gonna happen from everything we've heard
2) Anything like this would just be put into the existing Soarin if I had to guess
3)Again sounds like it's dead in the water...so to speak.

stitch2008

Don't forget the most likely project for EPCOT- the new Journey Into Imagination. Although hopefully the timeframe for it would be much sooner than for the 40th.

i!

By the way, has there been any update on the status on the new Imagination? I haven't heard anything about for a while. Also, Austrailia at Epcot sounds good to me. A bullet train simulator in Japan sounds cool too.

SirGoofy

By the way, has there been any update on the status on the new Imagination? I haven't heard anything about for a while. Also, Austrailia at Epcot sounds good to me. A bullet train simulator in Japan sounds cool too.

According to jedimaster and Martin, its the beginning of the beginning over at Imagination, which is taking the FP machines away from HISTA. I don't know what that has to do with anything, but I trust those guys.:lol:

disneyfan20ny

Didn't they say a few years back that they were going to stop having celebrations based on years because it would show the age of the parks etc. or something along those lines.:shrug:

ttalovebug

Here's my theories for the 40th based on what I've heard from friends and rumors swirling around the parks...

EPCOT-New country where Africa is or in between the UK Pavilion and Canada.

Animal Kingdom-New area, light show/parade on the water.

Hollywood Studios-Monsters Inc. roller coaster, Enchanted show, Star Tours 2, Nightmare Before Christmas dark ride.

Magic Kingdom-The Little Mermaid (E-Ticket), new Space Mountain, new fireworks, new parade.

Though I've never heard anything to support this, I would love to see something Enchanted- related in the parks. I feel it was one the best movies Disney has put out in years (besides pixar movies).

TheTruth

I just wanted to chime in here with something about this. I just got back from the parks last week (unfortunately) and I happened on a cast member that actually knows what he was talking about. Probably a forum member lol. He was working Imagination while I was in Epcot and was making mention of the 40th Celebration. He did say these things for what it's worth:

-Imagination will be closed soon. Maybe at the end of this year he said. To be rebuilt with the original ride more in mind.
-Each of the parks will be getting one big new ride or attraction. He said that he thought that maybe the refurb on Imagination was the only thing that Epcot was getting. HE wasn't sure.
-He was very down on the Fastpass system. He said they didn't have it at Disneyland so he thought they would get rid of it in Orlando. I wanted to argue with him that DL gets nowhere near the numbers WDW gets and no Fastpass in DL keeps people in the parks longer but I wanted to keep pumping him for info.

That was about it. I wished I could have gotten more info out of him but that was all. Now take what he said as it is. I'm not putting any major thought into it. But I do agree that it's 3 years out so at least a soft mention of new events and rides is not too far fetched. They want that hype to grow. Especially coming off "The Year of a Million Dreams" that was so successful for them.

But just throwing this out there. On Jim Hill Media they made mention of a Ratatouille restaurant in DHS. Plus there is the Cars ride that may go in there as well for more punch to the Pixar Place. That's all I've seen to be added. Plus mentions of the Monsters Inc coaster. Which would have to see how it works out cause The Laugh Floor? Not so much. I also saw something on a Pirates ride like Indiana in DL. Something based on Pirates 4 with the Fountain of Youth being the basis? Anyone heard more on that? I'm sure the timing was all wrong with it making mention on another Pirates film right after the 3rd but I liked the idea. But I heard that was going to take the place of Swiss Family Treehouse which is getting the refurb now (which btw a cast member said it was getting the Tarzan theme as well...any word on that?) But we saw Everest come out after the Reign of Fire coaster didn't pan out too so...maybe something will happen with that.

:slurp:

So there. Just wanted to post some news I heard. Don't bet the farm on it. Especially in this economy.
:sohappy:

Disneyson 1

The pirates thing is most likely false because, ya know, there's already a little Pirates attraction somewhere in the MK. And I thought that DL still had Fastpass...? Everything else sounds good, though!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom