So we're exactly 3 years away from WDW's 40th. When do they start prepping?

MetFan81

Size and nature of the expansion will have to be discussed at a later date, when I have more detailed info.

Well this will make the loss of the Adventurers; Club easier for Joe Rhode to take!

I am figuring a BK that is different then the original but something that will make AK a true day long park!

PhilharMagician

Wow, I cannot believe I missed this thread for 2 days!:hammer:

Lee, I am shocked. No riddles, no games! You came out and said it. I knew the therapy would help.:lookaroun:lol: Just Joking.

Cool news and thanks for sharing!

trr1

I tend to agree. I don't really view the 40th as a "big" anniversary :shrug:(though of course I welcome the new attractions! :sohappy: )

When the 50th comes around, though, I hope they're planning massive stuff all over the resort.

hopfully a new park for the 50th :sohappy:

Pete C

Thanks for the info Lee! Finally some fresh rumor-mill material to discuss!

I would just as soon hope they bulldoze all of Dinoland and just keep Dinosaur to make it part of Beastly Kingdom. Dinosaur could fit in with that theme.

If there is any hope that we could get Mysterious Island from DisneySea...well, that would really be something. However, considering none of the unique Tokyo-built rides have appeared at any other park so far I wonder if they have some sort of agreement that they won't be cloned. I would love to see 20,000 Leagues and Journey come over here. They are both great rides with insane theming. One thing about Journey though...AK already has 2 park icons in the tree and Everest. Could they possibly add another icon in a volcano?

A third possibility is the Australia theme that some people have mentioned. I think AK is in need of a boat-type ride. I would love to see a heavily themed hybrid water-coaster like Atlantis but just much better.

Enigma

Account Suspended
Well this will make the loss of the Adventurers; Club easier for Joe Rhode to take!

I am figuring a BK that is different then the original but something that will make AK a true day long park!

As far as I know, Joe Rhode isn't involved with this AK project. Since the completion of everest he was working on a project for Epcot Center as well as being involved with the designs of a possible Shanghai Disneyland.

yankspy

I would just as soon hope they bulldoze all of Dinoland and just keep Dinosaur to make it part of Beastly Kingdom. Dinosaur could fit in with that theme.

If there is any hope that we could get Mysterious Island from DisneySea...well, that would really be something. However, considering none of the unique Tokyo-built rides have appeared at any other park so far I wonder if they have some sort of agreement that they won't be cloned. I would love to see 20,000 Leagues and Journey come over here. They are both great rides with insane theming. One thing about Journey though...AK already has 2 park icons in the tree and Everest. Could they possibly add another icon in a volcano?

A third possibility is the Australia theme that some people have mentioned. I think AK is in need of a boat-type ride. I would love to see a heavily themed hybrid water-coaster like Atlantis but just much better.
How does Dinosaur fit with a land themed to mythical creatures?:shrug::)

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
If there is any hope that we could get Mysterious Island from DisneySea...well, that would really be something. However, considering none of the unique Tokyo-built rides have appeared at any other park so far I wonder if they have some sort of agreement that they won't be cloned..
There used to be an agreement. Nothing is ever non-negotiable.

stitch2008

I'd like to see either Mysterious Island or Australia. I agree with you about the Journey to the Center of the Earth ride. I'm not sure how a volcano would look when put with the Tree of Life and Everest. If I had to pick one, I think I would pick Australia.

LongtimeReader

If there is any hope that we could get Mysterious Island from DisneySea...well, that would really be something. However, considering none of the unique Tokyo-built rides have appeared at any other park so far I wonder if they have some sort of agreement that they won't be cloned. I would love to see 20,000 Leagues and Journey come over here. They are both great rides with insane theming.

For DisneySea, they have a 10 year exclusivity. That would expire in 2011.

EPCOT Explorer

As far as I know, Joe Rhode isn't involved with this AK project. Since the completion of everest he was working on a project for Epcot Center as well as being involved with the designs of a possible Shanghai Disneyland.
Most interesting...

Props on using the proper name.:D;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom