So ... news and rumors?

tirian

Thanks. I try!

I just really am trying to get people to understand it is NOT simply a case of WDW needing new attractions. It does ... but the it ultimately needs creative people with vision who understand Walt's Legacy (and I don't mean just the man, but the incredible dream factory he created) and can run the parks and resorts division with a desire to live up to it in the 21st century.

I know ... sounds so simple, right?

:brick:

But that's not what the textbooks said...

;)

VT GAL

I'll help you Dub E!!! I will see if maybe I could trade my dole whips for churros and we'd be set!!! :)

I love reading these threads, because they make you think, observe, and hope not for just a new E-ticket but for something more.

Enigma

Account Suspended
You have made these points several times and many are good. I do wonder why you make them? Are you trying to convince us and perhaps move us to action? If so, then the million dollar question is, "What would you have us do"? Recognizing the problem is the easy part. Doing something about it is the hard part. I ask you because you seem to know quite a bit about the inner workings so perhaps you are more qualified than others to judge what would be an effective way to combat the declining standards at WDW.

My recommendation to you is for you and your family to pull back on going to WDW or if yuo must go at least cut down on buying things at the resort. Please tell your friends to do the same. This will help the company in the long run.

Enigma

Account Suspended
This is where I get confused. Everyone mentions the "credit crunch" yet SW and Uni are going non-stop. Money is available for low risk investments and it does not get more low risk than WDW. Something else is happening here that nobody seems to be able to peg. I hate that so much money is going into DVC's while no new attractions are being built. It is obvious to me they believe they will be able to sell all those rooms in the future and that means giving people a reason to commit long term (new state of the art attractions).

I believe a major build out is coming to the WDW parks but there has been a serious brain drain of "Imagineers" to other projects depleting the resources WDC uses. Jim Hill wrote a long article about this.

So when you hear the word "patience" all the time this is why.

If DVC sells out thats actually bad news because that means Disney can get even lazier saying "Now we really got tourists by the balls and there gonna be coming here no matter how low we set our standards and charge whatever we want". So don't expect big expansion plans if Vacation Club keeps selling (although I am pretty sure DVC is heading the other way).

Also don't be surprised if 8-12 months from now Bob Iger is sitting in a senate hearing in, the same seats the CEOs of all the banks and american auto comapnies are now, begging for bailout money. Iger will blame the economy im sure but he really should be blaming his theme park division's (rasolu especially) decision to cut back on new rides and quality and build a bunch of timeshare units instead.

Well, Disney wouldn't be in this situation if they hadn't kept delaying projects. The Space Mountain refurb should already be more than half way done. Imagination should have already been far into construction. This is what delaying projects does. They kept pushing things back until they had a whole surplus of attractions waiting to be built, but unfortunately for Disney, this plan backfired. Of course, they weren't expecting a huge economic crisis, but this is the type of thing that can happen, and I hope they learn their lesson. Maybe now they'll okay projects from the get go.

Lee

Adventurer
The Space Mountain refurb should already be more than half way done.
Wrong. Actually it should be completely done.
The process began right about the time DL's Mountain reopened. If management had just kept the ball rolling, it would have been done and opened for...wow...probably a year and a half or so.

EPCOT Explorer

The process began right about the time DL's Mountain reopened. If management had just kept the ball rolling, it would have been done and opened for...wow...probably a year and a half or so.

Are.

You.

Freaking.

Kidding???

*dies*
:zipit::fork::hammer::brick:x 1000 here.:cry:

Lee

Adventurer
Are.
You.
Freaking.
Kidding???

Nope. Plans started formulating while DL's was down. Summer '05, when their's was coming back on line, the WDW cast portal even mentioned that MK's was next. Jumped the gun a little, and the announcement was pulled. Work progressed, however.....money was spent....designs were made....budgets allocated....then...:rolleyes:

EPCOT Explorer

Nope. Plans started formulating while DL's was down. Summer '05, when their's was coming back on line, the WDW cast portal even mentioned that MK's was next. Jumped the gun a little, and the announcement was pulled. Work progressed, however.....money was spent....designs were made....budgets allocated....then...:rolleyes:

That sucks.:(:dazzle:

So if money was spent...why are we worrying? Sounds like the budget was allocated.

EPCOT Explorer

No. He. Isn`t. The WDI Orlando crew for SM attended Anahiems reopening 3 and a half years ago.

Hurts, dosn`t it?

:lol:

Yep, it does hurt.:( It show's that a 1982-83 WDI/WDC is looooong gone.:cry:

That must have been amazing. ALL of EC in a year, then Horizons and a TDL. 7 years later...MGM...12 years later, DLP.

Sheesh.:hammer::eek:

Lee

Adventurer
So if money was spent...why are we worrying? Sounds like the budget was allocated.

One of the great SM mysteries.
Read Lutz's column from yesterday. Pay close attention to his discussion of DCA's budgets and how they are allocated and "spent" before the fiscal year even starts.
To my understanding, SM should fall into that same category and still be fully funded. Why it isn't, I have no idea. I'd love some clarification there.....

EPCOT Explorer

One of the great SM mysteries.
Read Lutz's column from yesterday. Pay close attention to his discussion of DCA's budgets and how they are allocated and "spent" before the fiscal year even starts.
To my understanding, SM should fall into that same category and still be fully funded. Why it isn't, I have no idea. I'd love some clarification there.....

WOW. THAT Makes no business sense, whatsoever.

If they have the money saved and waiting, use it!:zipit:

tirian

...audio tests were run...

imagineer boy

*faints*

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom