So ... news and rumors?

stitch2008

marni1971 any news for whats going on at hollywood studios? please say something good besides amercian idol.

Speaking of DHS, what about the Monsters Inc. coaster that was supposed to go in Pixar Place? And one more question, does anyone think that a new Illuminations show might incorporate some elements from the new World of Color show coming to DCA?

CBOMB

... I'm not hearing nothing.

There aren't even a lot of the old rumors being rehashed.

I guess this is going to be a long dead period at WDW.

But I saw some DVC pics earlier and it appears they already have furnished some of the units at the BLT (love that abbreviation ... second only to the ______ Resort or A$$ Resort if the filters will make people go huh?) ... since BLT isn't scheduled to debut for another 11 months one must guess Disney is desperate to get this baby up and open as quickly as possible.

Now where all the folks with money to plunk down are ... that's another question.

But ... seriously ... where's some news? What about rumors?
Makes note in Diary....
Dear Diary,
Nov. 18 '08 wdw1974 ask me for news or rumors about Walt Disney World.
I have now become disillusioned with life.

WDW1974

Original Poster
I hear a lot of the same things here that keep getting regurgitated.

Although there seems to be some folks here who believe that Tomorrow's Child might be returning to SSE in some fashion, which wouldn't be bad but also wouldn't exactly solve the problems of the ending (which has been a weak point in each and every version of the attraction ... this isn't new). I say folks here because I ran that by someone in Glendale, who doesn't work on WDW projects but should know, and they just laughed. Take that for whatever one person (at WDI's) opinion is worth.

There's no positive way to spin everything that isn't happening to MK for its 40th either, dear bothans (God, is that annoying?!?!!)

Space Mountain's redo has gone from the dramatic to basically a dusting, polish and fix the track. To spin it any other way would be quite disingenuous. I could retire and live quite well on all the money that's been pulled out of this. If you liked Mansion's 'rehab' more than Small World's then you're going to be very, very, very disappointed with the scope of Disney's plans. If on the other hand you liked Small World's better then you'll be thrilled!

And from what I've been led to believe, Fantasyland's project was very large in scope hence the pricetag. No, it wasn't like what went down in Anaheim in 1983, but that required the entire land to be rebuilt. WDW's doesn't.

I won't even believe that Mermaid is being built at MK until I get confirmation from someone actually with access to the plans and financing.

WDW bookings have skyrocketed since the buy 4, get 3 free deal was announced, which is a positive.

The fact that no one at Disney can recall when they've had so many cancellations of already made ressies, however, is quite worrisome.

I guess I shouldn't complain because I plan on being in DL, DLP and TDL in 2009 (and maybe even back at HKDL) so at least the staleness won't bother me so much. But for the folks who only know Disney as Orlando ... well, those folks should expand their travel horizons anyway!

trr1

Star Tours 2.0 will combine Disney with Star Wars classic movies. Just as your ship is begininng to depart Stitch will take over the controls, he will travel through various locales and battle scenes only to land everyone back on earth, in Florida. This is all based on the new Imagineer's plan of "Stitching" WDW. (and if you believe that, I have some more swampland to sell you, in Florida.)

hey you cant sell WDW!!!!!!!:ROFLOL:

WDW1974

Original Poster
Makes note in Diary....
Dear Diary,
Nov. 18 '08 wdw1974 ask me for news or rumors about Walt Disney World.
I have now become disillusioned with life.

Now, now, calm down dear minion ... I wasn't being serious.

I just started the thread to stir the pot, which of course you knew, because things are awfully quiet and because WDW projects are all on creep mode.

And things are being cut left and right behind the scenes, even if I/we don't know it, because there isn't anyone at WDW with the balls to fight for what's needed.

But you can take it to the bank that Disney's Grand Floridian Beach Resort and Villas will be coming just as soon as they can slap that BLT on the plate!

WDW1974

Original Poster
Speaking of DHS, what about the Monsters Inc. coaster that was supposed to go in Pixar Place? And one more question, does anyone think that a new Illuminations show might incorporate some elements from the new World of Color show coming to DCA?

Still planned ... and anything's possible, but I'd hope that's only from an effects standpoint, not a show one. WoC is perfect for DCA, but wouldn't fit in at EPCOT at all.

jakeman

So you asked this:
... I'm not hearing nothing.

There aren't even a lot of the old rumors being rehashed.

I guess this is going to be a long dead period at WDW.

But I saw some DVC pics earlier and it appears they already have furnished some of the units at the BLT (love that abbreviation ... second only to the ______ Resort or A$$ Resort if the filters will make people go huh?) ... since BLT isn't scheduled to debut for another 11 months one must guess Disney is desperate to get this baby up and open as quickly as possible.

Now where all the folks with money to plunk down are ... that's another question.

But ... seriously ... where's some news? What about rumors?
And then you post this:
WDW1974 said:

Although there seems to be some folks here who believe that Tomorrow's Child might be returning to SSE in some fashion, which wouldn't be bad but also wouldn't exactly solve the problems of the ending (which has been a weak point in each and every version of the attraction ... this isn't new). I say folks here because I ran that by someone in Glendale, who doesn't work on WDW projects but should know, and they just laughed. Take that for whatever one person (at WDI's) opinion is worth.

There's no positive way to spin everything that isn't happening to MK for its 40th either, dear bothans (God, is that annoying?!?!!)

Space Mountain's redo has gone from the dramatic to basically a dusting, polish and fix the track. To spin it any other way would be quite disingenuous. I could retire and live quite well on all the money that's been pulled out of this. If you liked Mansion's 'rehab' more than Small World's then you're going to be very, very, very disappointed with the scope of Disney's plans. If on the other hand you liked Small World's better then you'll be thrilled!

And from what I've been led to believe, Fantasyland's project was very large in scope hence the pricetag. No, it wasn't like what went down in Anaheim in 1983, but that required the entire land to be rebuilt. WDW's doesn't.

I won't even believe that Mermaid is being built at MK until I get confirmation from someone actually with access to the plans and financing.

WDW bookings have skyrocketed since the buy 4, get 3 free deal was announced, which is a positive.

The fact that no one at Disney can recall when they've had so many cancellations of already made ressies, however, is quite worrisome.

I guess I shouldn't complain because I plan on being in DL, DLP and TDL in 2009 (and maybe even back at HKDL) so at least the staleness won't bother me so much. But for the folks who only know Disney as Orlando ... well, those folks should expand their travel horizons anyway!
Please help me understand your conflicting post.

VT GAL

I have a hopefully quick question. Does anyone know why all the work was done to enclose the hunchback theater? Sorry if I missed it from an earlier thread...

Thanks!

stitch2008

Still planned ... and anything's possible, but I'd hope that's only from an effects standpoint, not a show one. WoC is perfect for DCA, but wouldn't fit in at EPCOT at all.

I meant effects wise. I think the effects would be really cool to mix with Illuminations. I love the concept art as well.

mcjaco

Although there seems to be some folks here who believe that Tomorrow's Child might be returning to SSE in some fashion, which wouldn't be bad but also wouldn't exactly solve the problems of the ending (which has been a weak point in each and every version of the attraction ... this isn't new).

Once they did away with the moonscape, it's never been the same. :mad:

But for the folks who only know Disney as Orlando ... well, those folks should expand their travel horizons anyway!

Amen. At least go to where it all started. The Indiana Jones ride is worth the price of admission alone. You'll weep uncontrollably when you see what Dinosaur! could have been.

EPCOT Explorer

!

Irons was weak?!?:eek:

Do tell...:fork:

Quite frankly, I'm surprised at you, sir.:rolleyes::lol:

Enigma

Account Suspended
Most of what has been discussed recently is still green or very close. Plus a few other things too. Believe me, there is enough there to keep us going for quite a while ;)

Yes but when are we going to hear an announcement or at the very least when are we going to see/hear about construction or permits??

As much as I trust you martin im not sure I trust your sources because if the modern Disney company didn't want to build much in the way of magnificent attractions during a boon period what makes you possibly think there gonna even spend a dime on Walt Disney World during the current financial crises?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Announcement? No idea. Others say soon.

The timeframes on a lot of these projects have been thrown into chaos due to the credit crunch - even more so than normal, and more than any time in the past. It really is a mess. It dosn`t take a room full of TDO accountants to see that the storm will pass, with people expecting to see new things when they can afford revisit - and that now is the time to build with cheap(er) labour and materials. I could reel off a whole list of D and E Ticket projects that were planned - even greenlit - from as recent as July. They really inspired hope in me - and you know how cynical of the company I`ve become. That was in the summer. Things have changed now, worldwide. Some are still a go purely because they need to happen for various reasons or because they are too far gone to simply stop. Some are a go due to the 40th. Some have funding from outside the company. Some have to be done since other things depend on them. There is a line however where a few projects sit that could tip either way depending on the recession. Not to a red light, but more green to amber.

I`m being more cautious what I say due to the current climate and knowing how TDO may deal with it. I trust what I`m told - but I won`t go out on a limb simply because this information may change at any time, sometimes even more than once a day for one project. Things really are that messy.

EPCOT Explorer

Announcement? No idea. Others say soon.

The timeframes on a lot of these projects have been thrown into chaos due to the credit crunch - even more so than normal, and more than any time in the past. It really is a mess. It dosn`t take a room full of TDO accountants to see that the storm will pass, with people expecting to see new things when they can afford revisit - and that now is the time to build with cheap(er) labour and materials. I could reel off a whole list of D and E Ticket projects that were planned - even greenlit - from as recent as July. They really inspired hope in me - and you know how cynical of the company I`ve become. That was in the summer. Things have changed now, worldwide. Some are still a go purely because they need to happen for various reasons or because they are too far gone to simply stop. Some are a go due to the 40th. Some have funding from outside the company. Some have to be done since other things depend on them. There is a line however where a few projects sit that could tip either way depending on the recession. Not to a red light, but more green to amber.

I`m being more cautious what I say due to the current climate and knowing how TDO may deal with it. I trust what I`m told - but I won`t go out on a limb simply because this information may change at any time, sometimes even more than once a day for one project. Things really are that messy.

Scary stuff, Martin...But most of "our" stuff is OK?;)

Are there still plans for a huge 40th?

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Scary stuff, Martin...But most of "our" stuff is OK?;)

Are there still plans for a huge 40th?

I think right now NOTHING is set in stone. There is a heck of a lot of uncertainty everywhere, anything and everything is liekly to change. Just like back in 2001 through to 2003, we might have to sit things out. If things are as bad as some predict, we should just hope hours remain good and the cast keep their jobs. Huge investment in the parks might very well be secondary for a while.

EPCOT Explorer

I think right now NOTHING is set in stone. There is a heck of a lot of uncertainty everywhere, anything and everything is liekly to change. Just like back in 2001 through to 2003, we might have to sit things out. If things are as bad as some predict, we should just hope hours remain good and the cast keep their jobs. Huge investment in the parks might very well be secondary for a while.

I know, Steve ,I know.

We can hope though.:eek:

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
I know, Steve ,I know.

We can hope though.:eek:

LOL yes we can, and I'm with you on that. It's just that we need to focus on the reality sometimes, and that reality at the moment is for businesses to survive this period. For 2009 I'll be happy if WDW can carry on without any further cuts to operations or cast. Any new attraction announcement would be a total bonus.

EPCOT Explorer

LOL yes we can, and I'm with you on that. It's just that we need to focus on the reality sometimes, and that reality at the moment is for businesses to survive this period. For 2009 I'll be happy if WDW can carry on without any further cuts to operations or cast. Any new attraction announcement would be a total bonus.

The only thing I can really see happening is two EPCOT projects...:)lookaroun;)) I believe their budgets were already allocated. One in MK too...HoP I believe.

WDW1974

Original Poster
So you asked this:And then you post this:please help me understand your conflicting post.

I can't help you understand anything unless you ask a specific question, sorry.

And I don't believe I was conflicted about anything posted.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom