So ... news and rumors?

Animaniac93-98

This is funny cuz since Friday, about 6 garbage cans have appeared along the backstage road between beauty & the Beast and Fantasmic. It's a backstage area during the day, but it's also an exit for after Fantasmic. I dont know if you saw them, or just made this up, but it's perfect timing!

I didn't. :lol: :lookaroun (feels very scared now)

And yet it was true...There's only one explanation....

I HAVE MAGIC POWERS!

or it's just one of those crazy coincidences.

kcnole

We really need a return of merf before he became a jerk to everyone. He at least kept the discussions going on all the littlest changes in the park. I kind of miss that in park reporting.

EPCOT Explorer

We really need a return of merf before he became a jerk to everyone. He at least kept the discussions going on all the littlest changes in the park. I kind of miss that in park reporting.

Key word there.:zipit::lol:

I do miss his pictures...he had a good eye.

But otherwise...:hurl::fork::dazzle::brick:

hpyhnt 1000

Key word there.:zipit::lol:

I do miss his pictures...he had a good eye.

But otherwise...:hurl::fork::dazzle::brick:

Oh, not again. :brick:;) :) Even after he's been banished Merf still has a presence. :lol:

Expo_Seeker40

I'm still going to go to the MerfCove when I go to WDW in January

ever since he/she/it/that thing established the MerfCove I have to see it, and bring an EPCOT Center votive candle with me. :eek:

WDWGoof07

I never know what to think when the rumor mill dries up. I am a little suspicious, though. I do wonder what has happened to all those rumored projects -- it seems like we stopped getting many rumors once the economy took a dive. I'd like to hear something, anything...even if it means something got cancelled. I appreciate our insiders for reporting what they can, but they're pretty quiet lately. And it seems like everything is in limbo right now:
  • What ever happened to Star Tours 2? We heard it was greenlit months ago, but we have seen hide nor hair of it since.
  • What is going on with SSE's descent? Are they adding more to it, is it finished, or are we all getting worked up over minor tweaks that really amount to nothing?
  • What happened to Space Mountain's rehab?
  • What happened to the proposed Fantasyland makeover?
  • How about a new parade for MK?
  • Is JII 4.0 still a go?
  • What does the future hold for Camp Minnie-Mickey?
Once again, I know our insiders report what they can, and I appreciate their time and effort. But this uncertainty makes me think that either something huge is on its way...or absolutely nothing at all. No gray area as far as I can tell. Therefore, it's probably wise that our insiders stay quiet until something is set in stone...

EPCOT Explorer

I never know what to think when the rumor mill dries up. I am a little suspicious, though. I do wonder what has happened to all those rumored projects -- it seems like we stopped getting many rumors once the economy took a dive. I'd like to hear something, anything...even if it means something got cancelled. I appreciate our insiders for reporting what they can, but they're pretty quiet lately. And it seems like everything is in limbo right now:
  • What ever happened to Star Tours 2? We heard it was greenlit months ago, but we have seen hide nor hair of it since.
  • What is going on with SSE's descent? Are they adding more to it, is it finished, or are we all getting worked up over minor tweaks that really amount to nothing?*cough*
  • Is JII 4.0 still a go?*cough*
Once again, I know our insiders report what they can, and I appreciate their time and effort. But this uncertainty makes me think that either something huge is on its way...or absolutely nothing at all. No gray area as far as I can tell. Therefore, it's probably wise that our insiders stay quiet until something is set in stone...

*cough*

I have a cold.

Testtrack321

Plus I think people got "smart". We all remember the early days of internet rumors and realized that not everyone has a family member in the top secret WDW branch of WDI...

Lee

Adventurer
I'll have a go at it....

• What ever happened to Star Tours 2? We heard it was greenlit months ago, but we have seen hide nor hair of it since. It's coming. Probably gonna be announced in late spring.
  • What is going on with SSE's descent? It's being added to fairly regularly. Finished in '09.
  • What happened to Space Mountain's rehab? Gonna happen, to some extent or another. Closed for at least half of '09.
  • What happened to the proposed Fantasyland makeover? Shoved kicking and screaming further back into the yellow-light line. Maybe later....
  • How about a new parade for MK? For sure. WooHoo:rolleyes:
  • Is JII 4.0 still a go? Yeah. Timeframe being bumped around, but gonna happen.
  • What does the future hold for Camp Minnie-Mickey? It's future is pretty set. Preliminary work should begin in '09. Could take a while....

Expo_Seeker40

what is it with people using the pardoned chickens in their avatars? I have the original chicken.....SSE chicken wire!!!:lol:

it will be so nice singing that song to those triangles in 09 :lookaroun :D

liquid toez

I heard that Downtown Disney will have Holiday music soon to replace the the type of music that was being played. So, any musicians hired now will have to entertain with Holiday music.

WDW1974

Original Poster
  • What is going on with SSE's descent? Are they adding more to it, is it finished, or are we all getting worked up over minor tweaks that really amount to nothing?
  • Is JII 4.0 still a go?

I am so glad I started this thread ... it seems to be entertaining the young folks! :animwink:

As to the above, I know for a fact Star Tours 2.0 is a go (at least for WDW and DL ... DLP and TDL are no goes so far but I'd assume they'll get done as well). But the timeframe on this has gotten pushed way back. When I first heard about it the idea was for it to be open next spring as The Park Formerly Known as The Disney-MGM Studios turns 15. Now, I think you're looking at it not closing until 2010.

As for SSE, I think you'll be seeing more added, but if you're looking for something dramatic I think you'll be sorely disappointed.

I haven't heard anything about Space Mountain since before I went to China for the summer and everything I've heard since makes the redo sound less and less like anything more than repair work and cleaning.

I am going to say the Fantasyland rehab is DEAD. Bury it. I know enough about WDW's 'leadership' team to know they aren't spending $300-plus million on the MK when even George Bush is suggesting we could be in for times not seen since the Great Depression.

I don't even see them greenlighting Mermaid at this point ... hope I am wrong, but my bothans (what an annoying little term from some Internet dude elsewhere) are agreeing with me.

New parade for the MK?!??! Hah. Surely you jest and I will call you Shirley. MK needs two new parades and I don't see them getting ANY. And apparently PoD isn't coming here as another retread item passed off as new either.

4.0 is a go unless something has changed recently.

I hope the future holds something big for Camp Meet, Greet and Grope. But I am not counting on it at all at this point. And boy did that model I wasn't supposed to see look oh so kewl.

So ... same rumors and news ... nothing's changed unless someone knows something I don't and is ready to spill.

TP2000

I'll have a go at it....
What happened to the proposed Fantasyland makeover? Shoved kicking and screaming further back into the yellow-light line. Maybe later....

So does that mean the Little Mermaid ride is delayed for MK too? It's a go for DCA and opening in 2011, that's for sure.

But do they miss out on any savings from building the sets and animatronics in duplicate at the same time? Or once the DCA versions are built in 2010 for installation in 2011, can they still see savings if they build versions for Magic Kingdom in 2014 for installation in 2015?

Is this concept that WDI somehow saves a bunch of cash by building two of everything for a clone somewhere else really as big a deal as some folks say? Couldn't they get the ride into DCA for 2011, and then use the same designs and creative, uh, creations a few years later and still save on the design and creation costs? :confused:

MythBuster

I did see some concept drawings for a totally new attraction or attractions, they were many different concepts and different sizes and different locations. But they all involved trains. Don't know what they decided or green lighted anything, but they were interesting new concepts.

MousDad

I haven't heard anything about Space Mountain since before I went to China for the summer and everything I've heard since makes the redo sound less and less like anything more than repair work and cleaning.

I am going to say the Fantasyland rehab is DEAD. Bury it. I know enough about WDW's 'leadership' team to know they aren't spending $300-plus million on the MK when even George Bush is suggesting we could be in for times not seen since the Great Depression.

I don't even see them greenlighting Mermaid at this point ... hope I am wrong, but my bothans (what an annoying little term from some Internet dude elsewhere) are agreeing with me.

New parade for the MK?!??! Hah. Surely you jest and I will call you Shirley. MK needs two new parades and I don't see them getting ANY. And apparently PoD isn't coming here as another retread item passed off as new either.

Extremely disappointing news, if it comes to fruition, for the MK. How can anyone possible hold out hope for a proper 40th celebration, if the park that's turning 40 is getting the quadruple mcscrewover?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom