So ... news and rumors?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Mermaid is still a probability for 2011. Space should shine up well for the 40th. Imag will be a big issue for the 40th, but remember it isn`t just Disney forking out for that one. The whole Fland rehab wasn`t ever a big project - it grew as it was talked about on the web. Sure, there were plans to enhance some facades and perhaps move the odd circular attraction around a little, but nothing on the scale of DLC in 1983.

Don`t forget both American Haunted Mansions had their interiors and ride systems built at the same time. Orlandos was put into storage until the show building was ready. It can happen again for Mermaid.

As for the rest... Star Tours 2 is still a project on the go. Just give it time. SSE is mostly ready for whenever Siemens want to begin soft showings. Camp Minnie-Mickey lovers should enjoy it whilst they can. Pochahontas didn`t move out for no reason.

EPCOT Explorer

Mermaid is still a probability for 2011. Space should shine up well for the 40th. Imag will be a big issue for the 40th, but remember it isn`t just Disney forking out for that one. The whole Fland rehab wasn`t ever a big project - it grew as it was talked about on the web. Sure, there were plans to enhance some facades and perhaps move the odd circular attraction around a little, but nothing on the scale of DLC in 1983.

Don`t forget both American Haunted Mansions had their interiors and ride systems built at the same time. Orlandos was put into storage until the show building was ready. It can happen again for Mermaid.

As for the rest... Star Tours 2 is still a project on the go. Just give it time. SSE is mostly ready for whenever Siemens want to begin soft showings. Camp Minnie-Mickey lovers should enjoy it whilst they can. Pochahontas didn`t move out for no reason.
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Wait...so....the ....song...is..?????

*coughKoffeycough*

MousDad

Tis a rumor.:zipit:

Is it a rumor, or is it a "it's been confirmed by some people who are not allowed to say it's confirmed but have instead confirmed it to friends via PM under threat of death if the PM-ee confirms that it's been confirmed, except when using an emoticon and thereby only implying confirmation" rumor?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Is it a rumor, or is it a "it's been confirmed by some people who are not allowed to say it's confirmed but have instead confirmed it to friends via PM under threat of death if the PM-ee confirms that it's been confirmed, except when using an emoticon and thereby only implying confirmation" rumor?
It is the latter. Almost. Maybe. Perhaps.

jt04

Thanks for being a voice of reason while others just seem to use this forum to vent out of apparent bitterness (against what or whom I can only guess :confused:). Great news Marni!:)

Expo_Seeker40

I contacted a rep or publicist of Koffeys and he said there was no work with Disney or for SSE in general as of now (early October 2008).

I think we'll see a studio recording, most likely what was done with early, but rejected demo tapes for Horizons

They'll get someone local as I see it, to do the song

Or, if they go all out, they might hire her down the road

I personally expect the thing to open up in phases thoughout 09, don't think it will all be "finished" in one day, but rather over time.

Edeyore

I head from a boat driver who heard from a bus driver who heard from a yard worker who heard from a fry cook who heard from a ride operator who heard from an sweeper who heard from a wig maker who heard from Dave from Wisconsin who heard from a guy eating at Wendy's who heard from a guy siting next to a guy who was a President's secretary who heard from said President that Disney is going to build a couple more trash cans out by the Fantasmic! amphitheater.

Now I know what your thinking, but I read it on screamscape so it HAS too be true! :D

Unless they told you the color the trash cans would be, I think they are making it up.
Otherwise, I am with you, it must be true!

Edeyore

Star Tours 2.0 will combine Disney with Star Wars classic movies. Just as your ship is begininng to depart Stitch will take over the controls, he will travel through various locales and battle scenes only to land everyone back on earth, in Florida. This is all based on the new Imagineer's plan of "Stitching" WDW. (and if you believe that, I have some more swampland to sell you, in Florida.)

tirian

Incorrect usage of "Meh." :lol:

Ditto to Epcot enhancements and scaled-down Space Mt. refurb (alas, there's always next time).

The Little Mermaid is still a go; she's off the hook for now. Yes, I enjoyed typing that.

aladdin2007

What about update of Universe of Energy any news about this attraction!

I kinda think Energy wont be dealt with until Imagination has been done, but then who knows maybe Energy will get a sponsor before Kodak pays for anything in Imagination, I doubt it though with economy and all right now.
Same for SSE I mean I know Siemens is a huge company etc etc, but I dont see them forking over the cash to complete the descent anytime soon. They probably think well many people are riding it as is so who cares, sadly. I hope that isnt true though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom