Snow White to Close Thursday, May 31

Clever Name

This entire statement is false. By the way, you spelled "plussing" wrong. What you really need is a good, Disneyland history lesson.

Thanks for the spelling correction. I am aware of DL history. It seems DL fans put the fan in fanatic. That is understandable considering its second rate status. Feel free to think of it as the best theme park in the world. That is fine with me. :wave:

Californian Elitist

Thanks for the spelling correction. I am aware of DL history. It seems DL fans put the fan in fanatic. That is understandable considering its second rate status. Feel free to think of it as the best theme park in the world. That is fine with me. :wave:

No problem. It's not just me. And the truth hurts you. Someone a long time ago did an inventory of broken effects and lights at each resort. This person counted some broken animatronics and over 200 broken lights at WDW. They did the same thing at DL and counted a total of 7 broken lights and not one broken animatronic. Hhhmm, that says something about WDW management. I suggest you read the countless amount of complaints here about WDW and even some people saying they've been visiting the Disneyland Resort instead of the Walt Disney World Resort for the past couple of months. Let's talk about the ticket prices. It costs basically the same amount for one park at each resort. A Disneyland Premium passport, which includes unlimited admission for a year at the two parks, is significantly more expensive than the WDW Premium Passport, which includes unlimited admission for a year at not only the 4 parks but the water parks as well. That tells you A LOT about the quality of each resort. Now what were you saying about Disneyland again?

WDW1974

Forget the quotes. Read the actual history.
The theme park was a necessary evil for Walt in Florida. He wanted his city, and knew he needed the park to get it done. He had little interest in, and hardly participated in, the design of the MK, and was ok with making it almost identical to DL.

No. 2 ... Ithought I trained you better in the evil ways!:drevil:

You shouldn't waste time arguing ridiculous points with people not worthy of your time when you could be doing something more important ... like trimming your toenails.

Axle1986

They're demolishing it as we speak...

...just like this once fine thread then. :shrug:

I guess Australian humour/sarcasmdoesn't travel well online. lol.
You're right about the thread. Thank god Lokheed's new blog is up.
I know what I'll be doing for the last hour of work today...

Lokheed

And in answer to the question I frequently get - "How did you keep track of how many rides Benjamin had been on?"

Of course, I used the very excellent RideCounter iPhone app from WDWMagic.com!

swsa_ben6.jpg

C.FERNIE

And in answer to the question I frequently get - "How did you keep track of how many rides Benjamin had been on?"

swsa_ben6.jpg

Congratulations thats two amazing milestones for ben! so happy for all your family! :wave:

RSoxNo1

All is revealed in the next blog entry:

SWSA Final Night, Part 4 - The Big Ending

There is still one more blog post lined up for that night, and epilogue to tie everything up, but your question is answered in this current entry.

As someone with an autistic brother that loves Disney World I am truly loving your posts. I've shared them with my parents and the rest of my family as well. I am very happy for all of you, and it sounds like you turned what could have been a sad moment into one of monumental achievement.

Witchy Chick

All is revealed in the next blog entry:

SWSA Final Night, Part 4 - The Big Ending

There is still one more blog post lined up for that night, and epilogue to tie everything up, but your question is answered in this current entry.

I refreshed blog post #3 this morning to see if #4 was linked at the bottom. What a GREAT story!! I am so happy for Ben!!

swsa_ben6.jpg

Well, now you just spoiled your ongoing blog posts. :animwink:

Witchy

Ignohippo

The Magic Kingdom that Walt knew was an exact copy of Disneyland.

Not to continue this odd argument, but we really don't know how that would have changed had Walt lived a bit longer.

Walt's main goal at the end of his life was creating EPCOT (and not the theme park called "EPCOT" which is a joke compared to Walt's vision). The MK was created simply as a revenue source and to appease investors.

The plans had a carbon copy of DL in place, but I would imagine that was just as a placeholder. While he certainly was much more concerned with his new "Prototype Community", Walt was a perfectionist and I'm sure he would have been heavily involved in the MK's design and construction.

Jakester

Reading the entry you just put in lokheed (the big ending), It made me get a tear, I wish I could of seen Ben riding when I stopped by to take my final ride at 5:15pm. Hope he is doing well now, Have you visted the park since then? and how has he been doing when hes there?

TP2000

Forget the quotes. Read the actual history.
The theme park was a necessary evil for Walt in Florida. He wanted his city, and knew he needed the park to get it done. He had little interest in, and hardly participated in, the design of the MK, and was ok with making it almost identical to DL.

Informed folks know that well, and can watch Walt's EPCOT '66 film from October, 1966 to see the ugly details on that exact fact, especially at the 2:00 minute mark in Walt's EPCOT '66 film here... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxC_a7qnGi8&feature=related

But it's fascinating to see modern Disney's marketing machine bury that uncomfortable history in order to sell more vacation packages to Florida under a "Walt" mystique. They pretend Walt cared about Magic Kingdom Park, they pretend he didn't die five years before the place opened in '71 looking nothing like he thought it would back in '66, and they pretend he had some emotional connection to the 1980's touristland that grew up on his property that was supposed to host EPCOT.

I took a Magic Backstage tour at Magic Kingdom Park with my Dad some years ago, and the historical innacuracies and outright lies the tour guide recited about Walt's involvement with the park was hilarious. I'm sure the tour guide meant well, and bless him he probably was only reciting what he'd been told to, but it was just painful to hear how misguided so many are about Walt Disney World and it's ties to Walt Disney instead of the Theme Park Operating Committee Circa 1969-70 that actually built the place. :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom