Snow White to Close Thursday, May 31

Lee

Adventurer
I can just hear his brother Roy now, “Ok boys, Walt lost interest in this project long ago so you can build it without the stupid utilidors.” :wave:

Fact: Walt didn't really care about the park that would become MK. He saw it as just a means to the real end...his "Community of Tomorrow."

Sure, they implemented some new ideas to try and improve on some I'd DL' weaknesses, but by no means did they do anything to make DL in any way obsolete. Most who have visited both feel that DL is still the superior park.

Clever Name

Fact: Walt didn't really care about the park that would become MK. He saw it as just a means to the real end...his "Community of Tomorrow."

Sure, they implemented some new ideas to try and improve on some I'd DL' weaknesses, but by no means did they do anything to make DL in any way obsolete. Most who have visited both feel that DL is still the superior park.

Fact: Walt had forgotten about DL long before he moved onto the Florida Project.

MK is part of WDW. DL is part of nothing really. Unless you consider a parking lot nice to visit. :wave:

Clever Name

The Magic Kingdom that Walt knew was an exact copy of Disneyland.

That is not true at all and you know it.

“Here in Florida, we have something special we never enjoyed at Disneyland… the blessing of size. There’s enough land here to hold all the ideas and plans we can possibly imagine” — Walt Disney :wave:

Lee

Adventurer

“Here in Florida, we have something special we never enjoyed at Disneyland… the blessing of size. There’s enough land here to hold all the ideas and plans we can possibly imagine” — Walt Disney :wave:

Forget the quotes. Read the actual history.
The theme park was a necessary evil for Walt in Florida. He wanted his city, and knew he needed the park to get it done. He had little interest in, and hardly participated in, the design of the MK, and was ok with making it almost identical to DL.

lazyboy97o

Talk about taking a quote out of context. Just watch the film from which that quote comes, or even head over to One Man's Dream, and you can see the drawings of the Magic Kingdom in the drawings for Disney World.

Clever Name

Forget the quotes. Read the actual history.
The theme park was a necessary evil for Walt in Florida. He wanted his city, and knew he needed the park to get it done. He had little interest in, and hardly participated in, the design of the MK, and was ok with making it almost identical to DL.

Now you're getting to the root. Due to his unexpected death, the entire project turned around and the MK was built by his brother Roy to serve as an example of Walt's genius.

Go to the highest point in DL and look around. You'll see the trash of a city at the doorstep.

Go to the highest point in MK and you'll see only what the designers want you to see.

Better ingredients, better pizza. :wave:

Clever Name

Talk about taking a quote out of context. Just watch the film from which that quote comes, or even head over to One Man's Dream, and you can see the drawings of the Magic Kingdom in the drawings for Disney World.

I am misssing your point. MK is in WDW. DL is not. :wave:

Californian Elitist

This quote doesn't at all help the point you keep failing to make. Just thought I'd let you know.

Oh and it is true. The only reason why MK was built was because the money was needed to build EPCOT. You've got multiple people here telling you the exact same thing. Just accept it and move on.

Clever Name

This quote doesn't at all help the point you keep failing to make. Just thought I'd let you know.

Oh and it is true. The only reason why MK was built was because the money was needed to build EPCOT. You've got multiple people here telling you the exact same thing. Just accept it and move on.

I fully understand and accept that in total. But what is your point? Are you saying it was a good thing that Walt died before he was able to construct EPCOT?

MK had to be built so as not to make a liar out of Walt. He promised all the Florida political types that he would give them DL east. :wave:

lazyboy97o

I am misssing your point. MK is in WDW. DL is not. :wave:
Just because the Magic Kingdom exists inside of Walt Disney World, which I would argue is completely different than Disney World, does not mean it is Disney World, specifically as it is referenced by Walt Disney. Just go watch the film from which that quote is derived. The focus is on EPCOT. Not long after talking about the "blessing of size," Walt Disney even declares that EPCOT is "the most exciting, by far the most important part of our Florida project—in fact, the heart of everything well be doing in Disney World." And if you watch that film, or visit the mock up set at One Man's Dream, you can see how Walt Disney envisioned the Magic Kingdom, as an exact copy of Disneyland. There is no art of the Magic Kingdom, except these plans which show a copy of Disneyland, which date to Walt Disney's lifetime. No person who was alive and worked with Walt Disney at the time has ever mentioned his involvement in developing the Magic Kingdom. Evidence of Walt's personal involvement in the Magic Kingdom, aside from its general placement, would be a huge find amongst the Disney community, so if you have it do please share it, as it would completely rewrite what is known about the last years of Walt Disney's life and raise many questions about how the man has long been viewed.

MK had to be built so as not to make a liar out of Walt. He promised all the Florida political types that he would give them DL east. :wave:
So again, how does this help your point that the Magic Kingdom was Walt's desired attempt at fixing Disneyland? Especially since he showed the people of Florida a copy of Disneyland.

Californian Elitist

I fully understand and accept that in total. But what is your point? Are you saying it was a good thing that Walt died before he was able to construct EPCOT?

You just proved us all correct with this statement. Thanks a lot, dude! I believe you are getting mixed up and completely confused with your words.

By the way, why would I say something like that?

Clever Name

So again, how does this help your point that the Magic Kingdom was Walt's desired attempt at fixing Disneyland? Especially since he showed the people of Florida a copy of Disneyland.

Is the MK surrounded by a dirty city?
Does DL have utilidors?
Does DL have an extensive water transportation system?
Does DL have...etc.

I think you understand the point here. DL was trapped even in Walt's day by the city. Things have only gotten worse over the years.

The MK solved many of the DL problems and Walt was directly involved in planning those solutions.

Remeber, Walt was in the habit of always plusing! :wave:

Clever Name

You just proved us all correct with this statement. Thanks a lot, dude! I believe you are getting mixed up and completely confused with your words.

By the way, why would I say something like that?

I don't honestly understand your point. Were you talking about EPCOT the city as planned by Walt or were you talking about the EPCOT that was built?

Walt had no intention of paying a dime of his own money to build EPCOT. :wave:

lazyboy97o

Does DL have utilidors?
Does DL have...etc.

I think you understand the point here. DL was trapped even in Walt's day by the city. Things have only gotten worse over the years.

The MK solved many of the DL problems and Walt was directly involved in planning those solutions.

None of this is relevant. It was not put in place by Walt Disney. It just shows that he was right about the Imagineers being able to build a second theme park without him, because that is exactly what they did. Design work on the Magic Kingdom, with the exception of dropping in a copy of Disneyland on Disney World maps, all took place after Walt Disney's death.

Californian Elitist

Does DL have utilidors?
Does DL have...etc.

This entire statement is false. By the way, you spelled "plussing" wrong. What you really need is a good, Disneyland history lesson.

Californian Elitist

I don't honestly understand your point. Were you talking about EPCOT the city as planned by Walt or were you talking about the EPCOT that was built?

Walt had no intention of paying a dime of his own money to build EPCOT. :wave:

Lord, have mercy. You said WDW was everything Walt Disney wanted, Disneyland is dirty, blah blah blah. The rest of us said the only part of WDW Disney actually wanted was EPCOT, and even that park is nothing to what he really wanted, according to a lot of people here. We said Disney didn't care about MK. You said he did. Then we gave you a little history lesson, and you turned rigght around and agreed with us. You did a complete 180. That's my point.

Clever Name

None of this is relevant. It was not put in place by Walt Disney. It just shows that he was right about the Imagineers being able to build a second theme park without him, because that is exactly what they did. Design work on the Magic Kingdom, with the exception of dropping in a copy of Disneyland on Disney World maps, all took place after Walt Disney's death.

I guess Walt couldn't plan ahead very well and we all know while he was alive he did everything all by himself. :wave:

Clever Name

Lord, have mercy. You said WDW was everything Walt Disney wanted, Disneyland is dirty, blah blah blah. The rest of us said the only part of WDW Disney actually wanted was EPCOT, and even that park is nothing to what he really wanted, according to a lot of people here. We said Disney didn't care about MK. You said he did. Then we gave you a little history lesson, and you turned rigght around and agreed with us. You did a complete 180. That's my point.

You misunderstood. :wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom