Sky-Way Station being cleared

magicmaya

You really must not remember it, because it was a show, not a ride.:lookaroun

:lol:

showride rideshow

same thing

:ROFLOL:

Jasonflz is going to kill me when he sees my posts

I would remember, but that MILF thing-o-ma-jigger keeps is ruining the magical memory!!!

jt04

I hope this demolition and rebuilding keeps the second floor of the skyway at least. We still need a good sky-view restaurant. Also, what is going to happen to the dusty items inside?

It's kind of small for a restaurant isn't it?

The Conundrum

To me, clearing of the Tomorrowland Sky-Way Station counts as a substantial and meaningful step forward for all of Walt Disney World, as I have long been as annoyed by unused, empty structures (or nearly abandoned buildings, like the Odyssey restaurant or the World of Life Pavilion at EPCOT) as WDW1974 is by the homogenization of merchandise. Though I am not yet sure which side I land on, and despite the fact that I continue to believe that there remain many, many things about the entire property that require attention and improvement, I think I am beginning to see signs that a resort-wide refurbishment is on its way, and may be drifting slowly toward the pixie dust inhalers' perspective in the endless debate regarding the current progress or regress of WDW:

-The Haunted Mansion refurbishment (first-rate)
-The Hall of Presidents overhaul (rumored to be well-done)
-The Little Mermaid ride?
-Star Tours 2.0?
-Luxo Jr.
-The rumored return of the Yeti.
-Monsters, Inc. roller coaster?
-Soarin' Over the World?
-Potential Fantasyland refurbishment?

Yes, these are mostly rumors, for now, but there seems to be some real momentum suggesting that someone or something is actually moving in the direction of improving WDW for the first time in the past several years.

OK, WDW 1974, burst my bubble.

I love how you put this stuff with the others. I think I heard that one of the castmembers changed a lightbulb in the Grand Floridian. ZOMG DISNEY STANDARDS ARE BACK! Perhaps you should also add rumored paiting projects and basic refurbishments (that used to be done on a regular basis) as "maybe happening". :rolleyes:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom