Sky-Way Station being cleared

scottnj1966

I know that station is not needed and must look so weird to anyone that does not know what it was, but its another piece of history I will always remember about the park.

skyride%20tomorrowland%20(Small).jpg

EPCOT Explorer

I know that station is not needed and must look so weird to anyone that does not know what it was, but its another piece of history I will always remember about the park.

skyride%20tomorrowland%20(Small).jpg

That's a great pic you have there. No SM, and a perfect view of the building. I didn't know it was that small. always felt like it towered over you.

Love the square trees, BTW...Those would look good in TL and even EPCOT.

WDWFanatic

Does anyone have pics of the old store under the skyway? What did it sell?

I still cant believe its coming down after the dec 08 refurb. I am interested in seeing what will happen. The should swing the old wrecking ball wide and take out the stitch show too:lol:

lazyboy97o

I wonder how long it will take them to update the little map next to the floating ball fountain. It still listed the Skyway up until at least March of 2007.

jt04

Does anyone have pics of the old store under the skyway? What did it sell?

I still cant believe its coming down after the dec 08 refurb. I am interested in seeing what will happen. The should swing the old wrecking ball wide and take out the stitch show too:lol:

It was a candy store and general merchandise store at one time. I don't have any pics. I'm as nostalgic as the next person for the early days but the skyway never held a special place for me. I had plenty of fun on it but I always felt it was a bit too cheesy a technology for a Disney park and found it a distracting element from the general theming of the "lands" it was in. Even as a kid I instinctively cared about backstory. Even before I knew the concept. I won't miss it myself.

pax_65

I'm as nostalgic as the next person for the early days but the skyway never held a special place for me. I had plenty of fun on it but I always felt it was a bit too cheesy a technology for a Disney park and found it a distracting element

That is EXACTLY how I feel! To me, Disney is unique - way beyond your local amusement park or summer carnival. So I expect the rides to be also. I've ridden a number of sky ways at old amusement parks - some far better executed than Disney's! (I think it's Knoebels Park in PA takes you up the side of a mountain. Hershey Park (also PA) takes you across the park and over water where you can see amazingly big fish you didn't know were there.) If Disney isn't going to do something special to it to make it their own, then they shouldn't have it at all.

I feel the same way about the Raceway and Triceratops Spin - there is nothing special about these rides to make them unique to Disney. Again, I've ridden similar rides other places - better executed other places in some cases!

When you visit an attraction at Disney, it should be a one-of-a-kind experience, unlike anything you can experience anywhere else in the world.

hwdelien

Maybe they'll just let the wrecking balls have their way with the building and then have a Wall-e AA spend the next five years cleaning it up. Then at 10, noon, 2, and 4, an Eva AA will show up to look for plantlife then disappear until the next show. Wouldn't that be fun?

The preceding was intended as a joke. No actual rumor exists or was intended.

Void where prohibited.

magicmaya

That's a great pic you have there. No SM, and a perfect view of the building. I didn't know it was that small. always felt like it towered over you.

Love the square trees, BTW...Those would look good in TL and even EPCOT.

those arent futuristic anymore,I have those in my front yard. :lookaroun:lol:

JWG

Maybe they'll just let the wrecking balls have their way with the building and then have a Wall-e AA spend the next five years cleaning it up. Then at 10, noon, 2, and 4, an Eva AA will show up to look for plantlife then disappear until the next show. Wouldn't that be fun?

The preceding was intended as a joke. No actual rumor exists or was intended.

Void where prohibited.

I was pretty sure that's the plan for the old WoL pavilion. When not in use for Food and Wine, Wall-E goes around cleaning and stacking garbage while happy musicals play on screens around the perimeter.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom