Sky-Way Station being cleared

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Seems kind of odd that they would spend money on unnecessary demolition of something for NO REASON at all. There were already restrooms there; why waste money on removing excessive structure from around the restrooms for NO REASON ?

EPCOT Explorer

Seems kind of odd that they would spend money on unnecessary demolition of something for NO REASON at all. There were already restrooms there; why waste money on removing excessive structure from around the restrooms for NO REASON ?

I'm thinking that it's for the restaurant rumor maybe even for SM and it's Queue....But we will see.:shrug:

EPCOT Explorer

I wish they'd build a pizza resteraunt in its place like the one at TDL's Tomorrowland: http://www.tdrfan.com/tdl/tomorrowland/restaurants/pan_galactic_pizza_port/index.htm
Oooh!That's cute.:lol: That Alien would make a good companion for Cosmic Ray.:D

It's kind of odd that FL renovation plans get leaked, but no info on an Extreme Makeover Restroom Edition.
Maybe because it's not such a big deal?:lookaroun:lol:

FL Expansion > TL Potty.
:lookaroun;):lol:

vonpluto

It does seem odd. But since all we have is this one vague quote:
"Demolition of structure and renovation of exterior and restrooms"
Who knows. The addition of one little bit of description would clear it up a lot, ie: "complete" structure, "partial" structure, or "northern half of existing" structure.:shrug:

On another note, does this herald the disappearence of another MK "quiet spot"?:mad:

TLSKWY.png

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Oooh!That's cute.:lol: That Alien would make a good companion for Cosmic Ray.:D

Maybe because it's not such a big deal
?:lookaroun:lol:

FL Expansion > TL Potty.
:lookaroun;):lol:

WDW spending money not a "big deal"?

There ALWAYS a reason that ANY corporation spends money. And a large restroom renovation for NO REASON is not a sound business decision.

EPCOT Explorer

It does seem odd. But since all we have is this one vague quote:
"Demolition of structure and renovation of exterior and restrooms"
Who knows. The addition of one little bit of description would clear it up a lot, ie: "complete" structure, "partial" structure, or "northern half of existing" structure.:shrug:

On another note, does this herald the disappearence of another MK "quiet spot"?:mad:

TLSKWY.png
Hmm...That might as well be the case. I was not even aware that that existed.:(

I'd like to poke around the area in a few days...:D

WDW spending money not a "big deal"?

There ALWAYS a reason that ANY corporation spends money. And a large restroom renovation for NO REASON is not a sound business decision.

Ah. Point noted, sir! Very true.:)

EPCOT Explorer

You never noticed that area??? :eek: I guess thats why you're only EPCOT Explorer... ;) :lol:

I don't think so!:lol: Not in my memory at least.:lol: (Gimme 8 or so days...:lookaroun)

And yes...EPCOT is my specialty.;) You might or might not know that by now.:king:

MK is a close second though...

Rob562

IIRC, at one time that spot was for the use of the SM sponsor employees.

I think that's what the triangular awning is. If I remember correctly from my brief visit back there in June, the awning is behind a row of trees that separates it from the fully-accessible Guest area immediately behind the Skyway building. I think access to the awninged area was from the Space Mountain entrance area.

-Rob

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Yep; the awning is the patio for the original RCA VIP Lounge. There was a gate to get in, the garden was behind trees, the lounge was inside the satellite building with originally a door into the queue area (bypassing the exterior switchback)

Let me dig some photos I took whilst documenting the area last year in uber-geek mode :D

Aha. Seek and ye shall find:

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showpost.php?p=3379702&postcount=7

Yep; the awning is the patio for the original RCA VIP Lounge. There was a gate to get in, the garden was behind trees, the lounge was inside the satellite building with originally a door into the queue area (bypassing the exterior switchback)

Let me dig some photos I took whilst documenting the area last year in uber-geek mode :D

Wow very interesting, thanks for the pics! Never knew that was there.

EPCOT Explorer

Very nice!:D Is it still there? I'd LOVE to see it next week...:eek:

Rob562

Very nice!:D Is it still there? I'd LOVE to see it next week...:eek:

Unless you have a CM friend or are willing to risk ejection from the park, you won't be able to get anywhere near it. They've walled off the entire area encompassing the Space Mountain entrance, the Skyway station, bathrooms and the "quiet spot".

-Rob

blm07

I've been thinking this same thing for years. They've been removing things only to replace them with nothing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom