Sky-Way Station being cleared

krankenstein

I believe it is MK looking from the Haunted Mansion side, just before they revamped some of the facades such as Peter Pan on the right. You can see our SM in the distant background.

Ahh, I see it now! I couldn't figure out where the photo was taken for the life of me! :lol:

Thanks! :wave:

The Conundrum

This thread just reminded me of how sad MK is and how much capacity has been lost in the last ten years:

-Just about all the watercraft on the rivers of America (Keel Boats, Canoes, etc.)
-Skyway
-Mr.Toad (It had 2 tracks, Winnie the pooh only has one so it lost capacity. Plus I think most ppl would argue Toad was the funner attraction and its one of the more well known disney attractions.)
-20,000 Leagues Under the sea

Just think how less crowded the park would feel and how much shorter the lines would be if they kept that stuff instead of closing without replacement.

not to mention that
-The Swan boats that were removed from the lake around Cinederella Castle prior to that time.
-The Alien Encounter/Mission To Mars building, Enchanted Tiki Room/Tropical Serenade and the Circlevision building currently house relatively unpopular attractions that most guests will not re-ride.
-The Veranda reasturant sits empty
-That cheap looking carnivale spinner ruined the look and flow of Adventureland.
-Tons of trees have been removed from the park (cost reasons?) which now take away alot of needed shade plus reveal show buildings that are suppoesd to be hidden (ex: Haunted Mansion)

Its a real shame what has happened to Magic Kingdom. Even worse when you compare it to the Anahiem, Tokyo, and Paris Magic Kingdoms and yet there are people on this very website telling me and others that WERE crazy. MK sucks now and Disney needs to do something about it.

jt04

I don't know what his post has to do with engineering. Other than they fixed(which isn't nearly done, btw) something that was broken. Nothing to jump for joy about.

That is an interesting opinion. I disagree with it but it's an interesting take. Since we really don't know the extent of the problem, it's hard to judge. For all we know it was a saga to fix Yeti and somebody is planning a book and a movie to tell the world of this great engineering adventure even as we speak.

beyondyou

This thread just reminded me of how sad MK is and how much capacity has been lost in the last ten years:

-Just about all the watercraft on the rivers of America (Keel Boats, Canoes, etc.)
-Skyway
-Mr.Toad (It had 2 tracks, Winnie the pooh only has one so it lost capacity. Plus I think most ppl would argue Toad was the funner attraction and its one of the more well known disney attractions.)

Just think how less crowded the park would feel and how much shorter the lines would be if they kept that stuff instead of closing without replacement.

not to mention that
-The Swan boats that were removed from the lake around Cinederella Castle prior to that time.
-The Alien Encounter/Mission To Mars building, Enchanted Tiki Room/Tropical Serenade and the Circlevision building currently house relatively unpopular attractions that most guests will not re-ride.
-That cheap looking carnivale spinner ruined the look and flow of Adventureland.
-Tons of trees have been removed from the park (cost reasons?) which now take away alot of needed shade plus reveal show buildings that are suppoesd to be hidden (ex: Haunted Mansion)

Its a real shame what has happened to Magic Kingdom. Even worse when you compare it to the Anahiem, Tokyo, and Paris Magic Kingdoms and yet there are people on this very website telling me and others that WERE crazy. MK sucks now and Disney needs to do something about it.

im just spittin out my own opinion, so take it for what it's worth.
it seems mangement is sorely focused on refurbing really out of date or (starting to be) broken down rides.
so hopefully they can clean up a mess that was needing to be dealt with 10years ago THEN move forward with new additions to the park.
i wish it was the other way around but i really dont see any major additions to MK in a while, possibly TLM but except for that htey need to clean up a horribly huge mess.

all mo opinion though

marsrunner

That is an interesting opinion. I disagree with it but it's an interesting take. Since we really don't know the extent of the problem, it's hard to judge. For all we know it was a saga to fix Yeti and somebody is planning a book and a movie to tell the world of this great engineering adventure even as we speak.
Does it really matter to the end-user how incredibly difficult the fix may or may not have been? You've got a gigantic effect that is the visual and storytelling focus of the major attraction in the newest park on property that is promoted in its original full-moving glory to this day in advertising in and out of the parks. It should have been fixed as soon as possible. I completely understand why they are fixing it the way they are (on 3rd shift, with no fanfare and no closure) given that a CM told me in January that most people don't notice the difference (an explanation I actually believe given how inattentive most people are to details in general, not just at Disney parks). I don't doubt for a minute despite all my misgivings about the way the parks have been neglected (in my opinion) in recent times (which appears to be slowly turning around, thank goodness) that they would have fixed it day one if they could have.
Bottom line in my opinion is, if something, no matter what, is broken, you fix it as quickly as possible while still keeping (general) customer (dis)satisfaction as your number-one priority. Is this case, they appear to have done a good job. They get a pat on the back and can move on to the next issue.

jt04

Does it really matter to the end-user how incredibly difficult the fix may or may not have been? You've got a gigantic effect that is the visual and storytelling focus of the major attraction in the newest park on property that is promoted in its original full-moving glory to this day in advertising in and out of the parks. It should have been fixed as soon as possible. I completely understand why they are fixing it the way they are (on 3rd shift, with no fanfare and no closure) given that a CM told me in January that most people don't notice the difference (an explanation I actually believe given how inattentive most people are to details in general, not just at Disney parks). I don't doubt for a minute despite all my misgivings about the way the parks have been neglected (in my opinion) in recent times (which appears to be slowly turning around, thank goodness) that they would have fixed it day one if they could have.
Bottom line in my opinion is, if something, no matter what, is broken, you fix it as quickly as possible while still keeping (general) customer (dis)satisfaction as your number-one priority. Is this case, they appear to have done a good job. They get a pat on the back and can move on to the next issue.

Again, if anyone has facts as to what the extent of the work is, then I'm sure we would all love to know the details. I am critical of the people who complain endlessly and then complain because the reason for their complaints has been resolved.

And the funny part is they obviously think they could do better without offering an ounce of evidence they actually could. Most show no evidence at all they have any talent whatsoever.

marsrunner

Again, if anyone has facts as to what the extent of the work is, then I'm sure we would all love to know the details. I am critical of the people who complain endlessly and then complain because the reason for their complaints has been resolved.

And the funny part is they obviously think they could do better without offering an ounce of evidence they actually could. Most show no evidence at all they have any talent whatsoever.

I'm probably just stupid, but as usual with your posts I have no idea what the heck you are talking about nor why you quoted my post to say what you said.

That'll learn me to respond to one of your posts I guess. :)

janoimagine

I wish this was the way they still did things. Hopefully those days will make a return.

janoimagine

I agree with a lot of what your saying here, the biggest loss of trees to me was around the roundabout in front of Cinderella Castle. I guess they thought they were improving the line of sight to the castle, but now it looks bare.

I wont go as far as to say the MK sucks. It's still a great park and better than 90% of the other theme parks of the world. Unfortunately it has suffered from several years of mis-management and lack of care. I do have hope that it will make a comeback and this new management that Goofy is talking about will begin to make a difference.

EPCOT Explorer

Nor do I. :shrug:

BTW, is that DL in the picture?
Hard to believe that that's our MK, huh?:eek:

-Skyway

not to mention that

I agree with you in issues of capacity. It's a shame that we've lost so many attractions, while others have been refurbed-and not a in a good way.

However...This claim of seeing the HM building!? Where, when, proof!?:lol: I've done my best to look for the thing and can never, ever find it. The forrest looks denser there, even.

janoimagine

However...This claim of seeing the HM building!? Where, when, proof!?:lol: I've done my best to look for the thing and can never, ever find it. The forrest looks denser there, even.

Agreed, I have photographed the HM from about every angle possible and I have yet to see the actual ride building, through my own eyes or through the lens, the tree's seem thicker than ever their.

Jasonflz

I was there on July 4th and looked from every possible angle to see the show building and didn't even see a glimpse of it. That is pretty impressive considering how big it must be.

beyondyou

for anyone that cant see the HM building, you need to actually look.lol

You can Clearly see it while looking at the graveyard.
during my 6month stay at the World, the brush actually got thinner. to my knowing they where trying to clean up hte look around Hm...im confused. i would htink you'd want dead trees and brush, but then again i'm not as smart as current managment:brick:

jt04

I'm probably just stupid, but as usual with your posts I have no idea what the heck you are talking about nor why you quoted my post to say what you said.

That'll learn me to respond to one of your posts I guess. :)

You responded to my response to sirgoofy but your response to that response indicated to me you did not understand my response. So I responded to your response which caused you to respond with this response. So now I feel the need to respond to explain my initial response which caused your confusion. Since you misunderstood my response, please understand it must be read in the context of my response to sirgoofy. My mistake was not multi-quoting both your response to my response to sirgoofy which I am sure would have made my response clearer. Thanks for responding and I am glad to have had the opportunity to clear up your confusion with my initial response with this response.

:wave:

janoimagine

for anyone that cant see the HM building, you need to actually look.lol

You can Clearly see it while looking at the graveyard.
during my 6month stay at the World, the brush actually got thinner. to my knowing they where trying to clean up hte look around Hm...im confused. i would htink you'd want dead trees and brush, but then again i'm not as smart as current managment:brick:

3579760759_12f4afce3a_o.jpg

I still don't see it, where us it?

Animaniac93-98

You can most clearly see the ride building when you first walk through the gates and look right at it along with views in the graveyard just before you enter the doors.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom