Sky-Way Station being cleared

IlikeDW

I love how you put this stuff with the others. I think I heard that one of the castmembers changed a lightbulb in the Grand Floridian. ZOMG DISNEY STANDARDS ARE BACK! Perhaps you should also add rumored paiting projects and basic refurbishments (that used to be done on a regular basis) as "maybe happening". :rolleyes:

This is getting old. Did the Yeti break, Yes. Was it a major repair, Yes. Did it take them a long time to come up with a fix, Yes. Is fixing it what should be done, Yes. Did the make a big deal out of fixing it, No. They did what needed to be done, they did it in a sensible manner that caused minimal disruption to operation. Disney should not get a gold star or a sad face for doing what needed to be done, it was merely a reasonable solution to a challenging problem. Case Closed. (Unless of course the fix ends up not working :rolleyes:)

jt04

This is getting old. Did the Yeti break, Yes. Was it a major repair, Yes. Did it take them a long time to come up with a fix, Yes. Is fixing it what should be done, Yes. Did the make a big deal out of fixing it, No. They did what needed to be done, they did it in a sensible manner that caused minimal disruption to operation. Disney should not get a gold star or a sad face for doing what needed to be done, it was merely a reasonable solution to a challenging problem. Case Closed. (Unless of course the fix ends up not working :rolleyes:)

He is not an engineer, hence he hasn't a clue. It's like trying to explain rocket science to a rock. You are wasting your time.

Studios Fan

Agreed, although I'm glad and hope it works.

SirGoofy

He is not an engineer, hence he hasn't a clue. It's like trying to explain rocket science to a rock. You are wasting your time.

I don't know what his post has to do with engineering. Other than they fixed(which isn't nearly done, btw) something that was broken. Nothing to jump for joy about.

docandsix

Other than they fixed(which isn't nearly done, btw) something that was broken. Nothing to jump for joy about.

Except that before they weren't fixing it, or at least we didn't know about it and it didn't seem to be a priority.

Let's assume, just for the sake of argument, that there is a "new sheriff in town," and that all that was and is wrong with WDW will now begin getting addressed. If so, then they have to start somewhere. My position (no, my hope) is that the changes we are seeing now represent that beginning. Many people think that's incorrect, but almost everyone hopes it's true, right?

marsrunner

My position (no, my hope) is that the changes we are seeing now represent that beginning. Many people think that's incorrect, but almost everyone hopes it's true, right?

I'd say all but one person will be happy if its true, yes. I'd say 95% of the people will be happy if even some of it is true.

drossjr

dark days indeed. if this rumour is true that would dash all possiable hope of it every opening again! i thought when they made the fantasyland station into a stroller station that was as bad as it got!!!! :(

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
dark days indeed. if this rumour is true that would dash all possiable hope of it every opening again! i thought when they made the fantasyland station into a stroller station that was as bad as it got!!!! :(

When they took out the towers, all hope vanished completely.
skywayTower.jpg

The Conundrum

I don't know what his post has to do with engineering. Other than they fixed(which isn't nearly done, btw) something that was broken. Nothing to jump for joy about.

exactly. Thanks for saying that.

If this rumor turns out to be legit I would still be curious what Disney is hoping to accomplish here?

The removal of the Galaxy theather, COP, and Skyway was planned years ago when they wanted to build the giant Incredibles e-ticket but that isn't happening now because Universal has exlcuisve rights for the ride technology (plus incredibles is a very poor fit for Tomorrowland).

When they removed the Galaxy theather they said it was for more parking space. Are they removing this for even more space? Are they removing it so they don't have to keep that nice waterfall running?

Im curious what Lee and Marni have to say about this. Has a new major project been greelit for Tomorrowland? As unlikely as that is that would be the only reason that would justify removing a perfectly good building. But when was the last time MK showed any signs of investing in the MK. Little Mermaid was also supposed to happen and management has shown that they don't feel there is a need to build it any time soon. Ditto for cutting the budget in Space Mountain. So I really want to know whats up here. Only thing I can think of is a new meet and greet or relocation of that God awful Stitch show?

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
exactly. Thanks for saying that.

If this rumor turns out to be legit I would still be curious what Disney is hoping to accomplish here?

The removal of the Galaxy theather, COP, and Skyway was planned years ago when they wanted to build the giant Incredibles e-ticket but that isn't happening now because Universal has exlcuisve rights for the ride technology (plus incredibles is a very poor fit for Tomorrowland).

When they removed the Galaxy theather they said it was for more parking space. Are they removing this for even more space? Are they removing it so they don't have to keep that nice waterfall running?

Im curious what Lee and Marni have to say about this. Has a new major project been greelit for Tomorrowland? As unlikely as that is that would be the only reason that would justify removing a perfectly good building. But when was the last time MK showed any signs of investing in the MK. Little Mermaid was also supposed to happen and management has shown that they don't feel there is a need to build it any time soon. Ditto for cutting the budget in Space Mountain. So I really want to know whats up here. Only thing I can think of is a new meet and greet or relocation of that God awful Stitch show?

I thought that we had determined that this was really not true (Internet myth). Especially since The Seas with Nemo and Friends uses this same technology. (Although it never works) And several theme parks around the world are using this technology.

lazyboy97o

I thought that we had determined that this was really not true (Internet myth). Especially since The Seas with Nemo and Friends uses this same technology. (Although it never works) And several theme parks around the world are using this technology.
They use the Kuka arms, but not in the same manner, attached to a track.

Animaniac93-98

When they took out the towers, all hope vanished completely.
skywayTower.jpg

I didn't know about the fountain. I knew about the flower beds before but now that's really sad that we don't even have that anymore.

Fantasyland used to be so nice.

As for the TL station, I hope the waterfall is still kept, but I doubt that'll happen.

EPCOT Explorer

You actually think they might reopen it? :confused:
I don't think that's possible...They system is gone. And why? It's outdated.

I didn't know about the fountain. I knew about the flower beds before but now that's really sad that we don't even have that anymore.

Fantasyland used to be so nice.

As for the TL station, I hope the waterfall is still kept, but I doubt that'll happen.

I doubt it.:(

Hopefully we get some greenery.:lol:

The Conundrum

To answer the nemo ride question. One of two things:

1-The ride opened before the contract was signed
2- As someone said, Nemo doesn't use the ride tech they are just using the Kuka arm for a special effect not for the vehicles.

As for The Incredibles/Harry Potter all I can say is this isn't the first time this has happened. For those of you that don't know, Disney signed an exclusive contract with IMAX 10 years ago for the technology used in Soarin' and Universal had to scrap there plan to use the same tech for the Jurassic Park Helicoptours attraction. (JP Would have been the better ride)

lazyboy97o

That what I mean. So the statement that Universal has exclusive rights to this technology is false. Kuka and/or Robocoaster is certainly not going to limit their production to just one venue. That would make NO business sense at all.
That all depends on how much interest there is in using the technology and how much is being paid out for exclusivity. The rumor mill keeps saying that there will be load time issues. I do not know if these are Universal's fault or a matter related directly to the ride system. If it is a ride system or expense issue, it may very well be that while companies were interested, few (possibly only Disney and Universal) were willing to be the guinea pig. If that is the case then exclusivity does make sense as it potentially brings in more revenue than just being able to sell one ride, especially if problems do scare aware others. I do not know Kuka's reasons, but such agreements exist all the time.

The agreement is not exclusivity for the one venue, Islands of Adventure, but to all Universal parks.

Also, I can see no affiliation between Kuka Entertainment and RoboCoaster.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom