Seven Dwarfs Mine Train

Lee

Adventurer
A friend of mine was asking about the doors at the back of the Mine Car building. Anyone know what they are for?

Didn't notice them, but the north side of the 7D complex is the maintenance area of the building. There would have to be some access doors there.

BriEcho3194

I've been looking at some of the Model pics that were taken by Inside Magic and the SDMT looks amazing visually! I am sold! Cannot wait for more information!

djkidkaz

I've been looking at some of the Model pics that were taken by Inside Magic and the SDMT looks amazing visually! I am sold! Cannot wait for more information!

Completely agree! I was excited for it, but now Im really excited for it! I just can't wait to experience all of it. I just love walking around in the things that Disney creates. Even if alot of it isn't my thing ( I dont think I'll really do B&TB restaurant or ride Dumbo or Goofini ), its just enjoyable walking around taking it all in and enjoying the kinetics and ambiance of it all.

Couple things came to mind while looking at the model photos.

1. I like how Dumbo is going to have a view of the Goofini coaster once kids bring Dumbo into the air.

2. I like that the Speedway goes past Goofini and Dumbo and will offer something to look at while your on the Speedway.

3. I think its going to work out well having the train stop at Circusland. Parents looking to get their little ones on rides right away can just enter the MK, get right on the train and go right to Dumbo and Goofini.

4. I noticed that the model does NOT show a different roof for the Tea Cups. Its not highlighted in any way and doesn't look different which leads me to believe that there are no changes coming to it. Which is ashame since everything else will look so fresh and new. That roof could definitely have used the update!

5. The mine train looks really great! My only concern is that its going to be a low capacity ride and be the TSMM of the MK. it seems like the mine carts are short and only hold a handful of people per ride.

But everything is very exciting!

Animaniac93-98

5. The mine train looks really great! My only concern is that its going to be a low capacity ride and be the TSMM of the MK. it seems like the mine carts are short and only hold a handful of people per ride.

It looks like each train will sit 12 people (4 per car, 3 cars a train), when coupled with the short ride time (>3 minutes) I think it should be fine, or at least better than TSMM.

Seeing that video makes me very excited for the ride. The rocking cars look like so much fun! :sohappy:

BriEcho3194

Here are things I noticed in the Model

1. The barn from the Barnstormer is staying so that's awesome!

2. The new Train station looks awesome! and also so does Storybook Circus Better then what people are saying it'll be! I think that it would be fun to walk through

3. the building behind SDMT is there....I thought Lee said it wasn't in any of the current plans lol

4. In SDMT, theres a bridge in the pic below. Is that the thing where we go OVER the Heigh Ho log crossing thing? lol
http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6074/6058595878_8d45b5f9da_o.jpg

Lee

Adventurer
3. the building behind SDMT is there....I thought Lee said it wasn't in any of the current plans lol
No, I said the stand-alone "Triton's Treasures" building isn't in the plans. What you see in the model is the themed backside of the ride's show/maintenence building, which is most certainly in the plans.

ChristianG

Maybe it's just me, but at one point in the video it looks like the cars tilt past 90 degrees. Can that even happen :confused:

With the tilting of the carts involved, you would be thrown off the ride at that sort of angle! :lol:

Or just suffer major whiplash... :lookaroun

Lee

Adventurer
Maybe it's just me, but at one point in the video it looks like the cars tilt past 90 degrees. Can that even happen :confused:
In theory, yes it's possible.
However....it won't happen. The curves on this ride are not such that would cause it, and the cars will have a feature that will limit the swinging to a certain range.

Mansion Butler

That video made me really excited. Not quite "epic new attraction" excited, like I was for Everest or other such stuff, but legitimately very excited. It looks like a genuinely very fun attraction in the middle of an area I largely just walk through these days. One more thing to do in the park regularly -- and happily -- is good.

What with the Tiki Room being back and the Little Mermaid ride (I assume) being on that list, MK is going to be a much more fulfilling experience soon.

steve2wdw

WDW Fan Since 1973
The new mine train ride looks to add a great deal of atmosphere to FL. Looks great....it's much bigger than I expected (the mountain aspect of it). Is Snow getting any love with a meet and greet incorporated into the attraction? I'd hate to see her stuck in her old digs, when a brand new "woodsy" mountain would give her a great backdrop in which to meet the little ones.

The Duck

People at laughingplace are saying this ride is only going to have 2 show scenes. Is that true??

People at Laughingplace would complain if it had 1,000 show scenes. :D It's a coaster/darkride. Most of the action is going to be while you're in the coaster part. Besides, even if there are only 2 show scenes, you're going to view them fairly quickly while you ride by. I doubt if we'll be whizzing by like it was the Yeti but it will still be fairly quick. Here's a short video that hints that the ride may slow down a bit at that point. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvLExG8CAQE&list=FLsEKpcKo9m6UqH5ErfG-q7w&index=1

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom