Seven Dwarfs Mine Train

MerlinTheGoat

If they can fix the fat people problem.

I didn't even know that was a problem. I hope i'll be able to fit... I can fit in any other coaster or ride on property pretty well (even kiddy rides or coasters like Barnstormer). Guess it's time to lose some weight. lol!

Jasonflz

:lol: I see. It's nice to see Fantasyland get a coaster although it doesn't look like it will be on the same scale as those concept pictures.

I think this technology could best be used for the MI coaster, give a feeling of a "Swinging Door".

Lee

Adventurer
:lol: I see. It's nice to see Fantasyland get a coaster although it doesn't look like it will be on the same scale as those concept pictures.

I think this technology could best be used for the MI coaster, give a feeling of a "Swinging Door".
It will be on the scale if the art. With perhaps some layout changes.

Lee, would you say this is something on the scale of Alice in wonderland in DL?
The Alice ride? No. The dwarf coaster is MUCH larger.

Next gen Dinosaur style maneuvering system on the ride vehicles?
Hah!
Nothing near that complex.

Mr.MouseFan

Ignorant people still fit into small ride vehicles. A lot of fat people don't. That's the only problem Disney has to worry about fixing.

In that context, then yes, I absolutely agree. If that was the context of the original statement then my apologies.

tirian

Perhaps at the same time they can fix the ignorant people problem. :rolleyes:

Ignorant of basic ride engineering? Despite how wonderful the HP attraction turned out at Universal, big and tall people don't fit. Disney is trying to avoid that in Florida.

It's a very real problem. The IASW trough in California had to be rebuilt for the same reason.

EvilQueen-T

my husband is 6 foot 4 and not fat but believe me it's like folding him in half just to get onto space mountain. being really tall can be a problem. it's like the airlines, they forget that not everyone isn't 5 foot 5.

Jakester

my husband is 6 foot 4 and not fat but believe me it's like folding him in half just to get onto space mountain. being really tall can be a problem. it's like the airlines, they forget that not everyone isn't 5 foot 5.

In WDWs Space Mountain, I have a hard time fitting into row 4. So if i ever by anychance get asked to sit in row 4, I just kindly ask for a different row for a better experience.

ob1thx1138

I weigh 350 lbs and I was able to ride everything at Disney except for the simulator ride in innoventions, but to be honest I did not even try. At other parks I do fine with most restraints that come over the shoulder like many looping coasters and like Rockin Roller Coaster, but I have trouble with wooden roller coasters that only have the new double bar lap bars. If they just had the single lap bar I would fit without a problem. I have already been told by a couple people I work with to not even bother trying the Harry Potter Ride.

RSoxNo1

If they can fix the fat people problem.

Diet and exercise?

I guess it all depends on what kind of technology/mechanics they use for the swinging of the cars. Will they be gravity based and just swing freely back and forth? Or will it be a tightly-controlled swing built into the track?

The "4D coaster" X2 out at Six Flags Magic Mountain uses a special track that rotates the seats around their support axis. At its heart, this track/vehicle design is essentially an Omnimover, and in fact the coaster is built by Arrow, the company that helped Disney build the first Omnimover systems.
A secondary set of wheels follows a rail along the track, and changing the position of the second rail relative to the main support rail causes the seats to rotate.

If the Mine Train track was built in a similar fashion, they could easily design the train to tilt the cars left or right exactly the same amount at exactly the same point in the track, every time. There's no varying in the swing of the cars dependent on the weight of the riders or the speed of the cars around the corners.
And because the tilting would be 100% mechanical, there are no hydraulics to breakdown, no computer systems that don't get the proper signals and do the wrong thing at the wrong time (like the time our vehicle in Pooh started bouncing in the Tigger scene and continued to bounce until the end of the ride...)

-Rob

The design for the X2 Coaster and how it works is very simple yet absolutely amazing at the same time.

RSoxNo1

:lol:

I'm referring to some engineering issues, not the people themselves. :wave:

Thyroid then?

Ok, I'll stop. One thing I'll say about Disney attractions is that they are typically roomier than those found at other locations. I'm short but still a big guy. Depending on the day I need to utilize the "special" seats on The Hulk or Dueling Dragons, but have never experienced any issues with the restraints on any Disney attraction (including Sum of All Thrills).

wsmith1978

This is definitely the most exciting aspect of the FLE to me, though I am very much looking forward the LM ride and Beast's Castle. I can just picture it exactly as the original poster described it. Not looking for a thrill ride. I'd much rather be immersed in the story, as only Disney can do, with a little excitement along the way.

MrMorrowTom

Not to get off topic to much,
One day working load at Buzz Space Ranger Spin I had this very LARGE women sit in the cruiser and the door not able to close. One of those suck in while i push. Lets just say her door kept opening the remainder of the ride, setting off faults every 30 seconds. Making it a very horrible experience for every guest on the attraction.

Its the peoples fault not the Imagineers. When you roll up to an attraction in a motorized wheel chair not cause of injury, something needs to be done.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom