Seven Dwarfs Mine Train

danlb_2000

Premium Member
does anyone know if it will have a height requiremement?

When the ride was first announced there was an interview with one of the Imagineering execs where he said it would have a height requirement but it would be pretty low. You can see in the concept artwork that they are at least planning to have a split lap bar which will help will smaller riders riding with larger.

Based on the video, 2 show scenes seems reasonable, one inside the mine, and on in the cottage at the end. The scene in the mine appears like it's going to be fairly elaborate and since it's on a lift hill you will actually have a chance to look at tit.

pppapazo

When the ride was first announced there was an interview with one of the Imagineering execs where he said it would have a height requirement but it would be pretty low. You can see in the concept artwork that they are at least planning to have a split lap bar which will help will smaller riders riding with larger.

Based on the video, 2 show scenes seems reasonable, one inside the mine, and on in the cottage at the end. The scene in the mine appears like it's going to be fairly elaborate and since it's on a lift hill you will actually have a chance to look at tit.

Looks like they won't be featuring the witch anywhere, though. Too bad.

Lee

Adventurer
Technically there will be 7 show scenes (if, like WDI, you count load and unload).
Don't try to judge the mine ride like you would a dark ride. Two different animals, entirely. You will be spending a solid amount of time in the mine, as well as zipping past some nice scenery during the outdoor portions.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Hey Lee, one thing that I dont think has been brought up, at least I dont think it has, is how loud is this attraction going to be? Coasters generally put off a noise level. Is that going to be something that the new ride system will put a damper on. Im wondering if coaster and rider noise might be a bit out of place in Fantasy Land? :shrug:

Trying to think if there is anything similar noise wise in Fantasy Land that might compare to. Teacups?

aladdin2007

Hey Lee, one thing that I dont think has been brought up, at least I dont think it has, is how loud is this attraction going to be? Coasters generally put off a noise level. Is that going to be something that the new ride system will put a damper on. Im wondering if coaster and rider noise might be a bit out of place in Fantasy Land? :shrug:

Trying to think if there is anything similar noise wise in Fantasy Land that might compare to. Teacups?

Great question didnt think about this, looking forward to an answer.

Tom

Beta Return
Technically there will be 7 show scenes (if, like WDI, you count load and unload).
Don't try to judge the mine ride like you would a dark ride. Two different animals, entirely. You will be spending a solid amount of time in the mine, as well as zipping past some nice scenery during the outdoor portions.

Right! BTMRR would be a good comparison. For the most part, you're just riding around some generic scenery and a few theatrical items. But you also pass the flooded town, which is a show scene. In the lifts you pass the bat cave, and in another you experience the earthquake. Minor scenes, but still scenes. I'm thinking the landscaping will be dotted with quick little scenes from the movie - likely with non-animated characters. Perhaps you whiz by the witch handing SW the apple at the cottage? Perhaps you see her in the coffin with the dwarves crying? Then maybe you pass the rejoicing right before unload? Regardless, it's still a coaster, so not much time to inspect each scene.

It will probably be designed using the larger steel tubes and nylon-type wheels, which will keep the vehicles themselves VERY quiet. New steel coasters are almost silent when running empty. The only noise would be from the guests, but like you said, you can liken the noise level to TeaCups. Plus, the audio engineers will likely place Area Music Speakers around the ride, directed outward, to help drown out the noise to other guests. Same thing on the ride - show audio will be directed at the trains with levels set to where bystanders can't hear it.

Lee

Adventurer
Noise should not be an issue. The ride itself isn't big enough to generate much noise (no "B&M roar", for example), and there shouldn't be enough intensity for a lot of screaming or anything. Like Barnstormer in that regard.

As for show scenes...there won't be a witch or coffin. The ride makes no attempt to tell the SW story.

Tom

Beta Return
Noise should not be an issue. The ride itself isn't big enough to generate much noise (no "B&M roar", for example), and there shouldn't be enough intensity for a lot of screaming or anything. Like Barnstormer in that regard.

As for show scenes...there won't be a witch or coffin. The ride makes no attempt to tell the SW story.

Seriously? So, they're literally just snatching an aspect of the movie out (i.e. the fact that there's a mine) and designed an attraction around it? So much for Disney telling stories with its rides, eh?

Lee

Adventurer
Seriously? So, they're literally just snatching an aspect of the movie out (i.e. the fact that there's a mine) and designed an attraction around it? So much for Disney telling stories with its rides, eh?

No real need to tell the same story again.
(Personally I'm completely sick of rides that re-tell a story. I'm looking at you Pan, Snow White, Mermaid, etc.)

The mine ride is just a visit to the dwarfs world, with SW having a cameo at the end. Fun, well themed, pretty...and doesn't regurgitate the story. Perfect.

ChristianG

(Personally I'm completely sick of rides that re-tell a story. I'm looking at you Pan, Snow White, Mermaid, etc.)

The mine ride is just a visit to the dwarfs world, with SW having a cameo at the end. Fun, well themed, pretty...and doesn't regurgitate the story. Perfect.

I'm glad they aren't really telling a story in this. The sotry telling worked out fine for BTM, SM, RNRC, and EE, but I think this coaster will be very fun just going through the mines and tunnels and not being forced to pay attention to a story.

aladdin2007

And the backside of it, I keep forgetting, will just be well themed like the front right? Forested etc, but no walls or buildings back up against it?

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
I'm glad they aren't really telling a story in this. The sotry telling worked out fine for BTM, SM, RNRC, and EE, but I think this coaster will be very fun just going through the mines and tunnels and not being forced to pay attention to a story.

I've NEVER felt like I was "forced to pay attention to a story" while riding a roller coaster.. :shrug:

raven

Coasters generally put off a noise level. Is that going to be something that the new ride system will put a damper on.

That's because those large coaster have very tall suports and the sound resinates inside of them. This one will be built close to the ground and the speed isn't enough to generate enough noise as well.

And the backside of it, I keep forgetting, will just be well themed like the front right? Forested etc, but no walls or buildings back up against it?

There will be buildings on the backside of the hill to accomodate merch areas. This is basically done to hide the maintenence access area (as with E:E). But it will blend in nicely.

Captain Neo

I agree. I am not a fan of story retellings. I'd rather be a visitor into that world instead (like star tours and indiana jones)

ChristianG

One of the ways they use to quiet steel coasters is to fill the tube track with sand.

That's true. They put sand in the railings of the track so they aren't hollow. If they were hollow, they would make a very loud roaring sound. If you search up The Great Bear at Hershey Park, they left the railings hollow, you can really hear it. While it's nice for coasters to be quiet (especially at a park such as The Magic Kingdom), that roaring sound on The Great Bear is one hell of a sound.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom