Seven Dwarfs Mine Train

Scuttle

Robert iger is the one who is trying to preserve the Disney name, Eisner was the one trying to get around it. at one point Eisner was trying to establish himself as the new Disney.

If anyone has access to a book store. go find and read Disney War.

great stuff

I've been meaning to buy Disney War. I heard it is incredible and it really shows the dark side of Eisner.

Cosmic Commando

Seconded. I thought the prologue was amazing! Part of it is the author's experiences being friends with Goofy at DAK and also a really cool story about Roy E. Disney that sets the stage for the whole book. I had a little bit of a hard time sinking my teeth into the narrative part of the book in the beginning, so if you do too, stick with it. When the dominoes start falling, it's great!

HMF

Seconded. I thought the prologue was amazing! Part of it is the author's experiences being friends with Goofy at DAK and also a really cool story about Roy E. Disney that sets the stage for the whole book. I had a little bit of a hard time sinking my teeth into the narrative part of the book in the beginning, so if you do too, stick with it. When the dominoes start falling, it's great!

Eisner is a fascinating study in contrast he starts by saving the company but after Wells his ego reaches a point that he all but destroyed it.

maxairmike

Not to go too far off topic, but I have to thoroughly "third" this recommendation. It is an outstanding book and look into one of the more intriguing executives in recent history. I would also strongly recommend Married to the Mouse. You might be surprised to learn a few things about the EPCOT ruse used to gain the Reedy Creek Improvement District. Actually reading the Charter as supplementary material is a good idea as well.

Anyway, enough about the book topic. Back to the Mine Train. :D

I am really liking what I'm seeing of the train model and renderings. The height of the hill is kind of surprising, as I thought they would take advantage of the unused utilidor-level space. Although when it comes to separating themes, it does make sense to block out the obvious aquatic bits of TLM beyond it, while the forest-like theme of the BatB area will blend a bit better with the Mine Train.

jt04

Not to go too far off topic, but I have to thoroughly "third" this recommendation. It is an outstanding book and look into one of the more intriguing executives in recent history. I would also strongly recommend Married to the Mouse. You might be surprised to learn a few things about the EPCOT ruse used to gain the Reedy Creek Improvement District. Actually reading the Charter as supplementary material is a good idea as well.

Anyway, enough about the book topic. Back to the Mine Train. :D

I am really liking what I'm seeing of the train model and renderings. The height of the hill is kind of surprising, as I thought they would take advantage of the unused utilidor-level space. Although when it comes to separating themes, it does make sense to block out the obvious aquatic bits of TLM beyond it, while the forest-like theme of the BatB area will blend a bit better with the Mine Train.

I have made this point many times. The complex could have even been three stories of usable space. The lower utilidor level that could contain much of the ride elements, utilities and maintenace. A MK ground level that could contain retail, counter service and scaled back m&g locations and a third level of enclosed seating for eating in the peak of the mountain. This would have been expensive but also it would have added a lot more capacity for the FLE to absorb crowds.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom