Seven Dwarfs Mine Train

miles1

Sorry to change the conversation at hand.

I've watched the animation of the ride a few times and one thing comes to mind-- Will this thing be another Mission Space in terms of protein spills? Lets not forget that we're moving fairly little kids along a track a a decent clip while they're undulating from side to side, while they're excited, and after eating God-knows-what in the park. The experienced parent in me is very, very, scared.

:lookaroun

JustInTime

I've watched the animation of the ride a few times and one thing comes to mind-- Will this thing be another Mission Space in terms of protein spills? Lets not forget that we're moving fairly little kids along a track a a decent clip while they're undulating from side to side, while they're excited, and after eating God-knows-what in the park. The experienced parent in me is very, very, scared.

Ehh. It's just natural selection.

WDWFREAK53

I truly don't believe so because the tilting is just emulating a banked curve. You're tilted towards the side on the Barnstormer when you go around a curve...the only thing different here is the "after-swing" going in the other direction after the curve.

ob1thx1138

I wonder how this will work out if you have a large person on one side and a child on the other. Will the car be tilted the entire ride or will there be a way to level it out?

Oh I just thought of something they could have bags of "jewels" that they could sit in an empty seat to help counter the difference. But that would take too long and slow down the load and unload.

erasure fan1

No real need to tell the same story again.
(Personally I'm completely sick of rides that re-tell a story. I'm looking at you Pan, Snow White, Mermaid, etc.)

The mine ride is just a visit to the dwarfs world, with SW having a cameo at the end. Fun, well themed, pretty...and doesn't regurgitate the story. Perfect.
I very much agree. I would much rather have a different adventure set in the world of the movie. I think doing it that way also adds to lore of whatever universe you are building the ride in.

Noise should not be an issue. The ride itself isn't big enough to generate much noise (no "B&M roar", for example), and there shouldn't be enough intensity for a lot of screaming or anything. Like Barnstormer in that regard.

As for show scenes...there won't be a witch or coffin. The ride makes no attempt to tell the SW story.

Speaking of noise, will it use the quite lift hill like Everest? I know they wont be very big but just wondering about the tech.

Rob562

Speaking of noise, will it use the quite lift hill like Everest? I know they wont be very big but just wondering about the tech.

Depending on just how tall the lifthills are, it's possible they could get away with electric motors for the lifts, which is what are used in the reverse points at Everest, and for all of the Hulk lifthill/launch at Hulk at IOA. I don't believe those require the anti-rollbacks like a regular lifthill.

-Rob

wserratore1963

So the Fantasyland Expansion in general is just a cool, exciting development. But the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train has super captured my imagination. I'm legitimately surprised by how geeked I am for this. It's not like I'm a huge Snow White fan or anything. This just seems like such a perfect idea for a ride, and it blows my mind we haven't seen it sooner.

The concept of having a PERFECTLY-themed thrill ride in Fantasyland is awesome to me. FL needs a ride like this. Finally, FL will have it's own "mountain"! (Adventureland, you're next!)

And the theme itself is so, SO ripe. We've seen a more serious, steampunk underground adventure with Journey to the Center of the Earth over in DisneySea, but a cartoony, fantasy version has so much potential it's SICK. It's like combining Big Thunder Mountain with Space Mountain.

I don't know, I'm just super psyched for this. I can't help but picture minecarts (don't even get me started on the brand-new ride system SO AWESOME) whooshing by cheery Dwarf AAs and big beautiful, glowing, glittering gems and crystals. Underground waterfalls and lakes, and maybe even a room or two of total, SM-style darkness. Maybe a run-in with the evil Queen? If Disney does this in true WDW fashion, Fantasyland has a new killer app, and one that fits perfectly.

Is anybody else freaking out about this? I love this idea!
Yes- I am really pumped up for this attaction

any word post-expo on the height requirement for this attraction? Watching the virtual ride through, I'm thinking its got to be at least 34 inches. I'm thinking in terms of my son, who is almost two and 33 inches, it looks like the swinging and speed may still be a little too intense for his size. Another inch or so, and he would probably be big enough to restrain safely and not have to worry about injury.

Whatever the height requirement, I'm hoping he'll be big enough when it opens, because I'm sure he'd really love it!

WDWFREAK53

any word post-expo on the height requirement for this attraction? Watching the virtual ride through, I'm thinking its got to be at least 34 inches. I'm thinking in terms of my son, who is almost two and 33 inches, it looks like the swinging and speed may still be a little too intense for his size. Another inch or so, and he would probably be big enough to restrain safely and not have to worry about injury.

Whatever the height requirement, I'm hoping he'll be big enough when it opens, because I'm sure he'd really love it!

I wouldn't worry about that...it's not opening until 2014 so he should be tall enough by then :)
(Chances are it'll be 35 inches).

pppapazo

I very much agree. I would much rather have a different adventure set in the world of the movie. I think doing it that way also adds to lore of whatever universe you are building the ride in.

I agree, as well. I vastly prefer an adventure set in the world of the Dwarfs to a strict retelling of the Snow White film. But I'd also have liked that adventure to include the Witch popping out at me.

RSoxNo1

Did we establish if the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train will be 6 vehicles of 4 cars each or 4 vehicles of 6 cars each? Different concept art shows different level of trains.

I know an initial rumor was that each vehicle would have 7 cars (one for each dwarf).

Also, is the name of the attraction Seven Dwarf's Mine Train or Seven Dwarfs Mine Train?

wedenterprises

Not Sure if this was already posted; but it's pretty cool

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLE0_l2Z14E

It looks really cute and has some nice scenery, I'm not expecting Everest, but I am definitely expecting some nice landscaping... which for me is just as enjoyable.

I am looking forward to the "fake out" curves they seem to have planned. On the animation and also the video of the truck, there is a very quick left-right-left which stops the vehicles swinging motion half way and sends it swinging the other way... looks fun!

I am under the impression that the entire ride is LIM propelled. I think the vehicles slow down in show scenes and speed up outside of them...

JEANYLASER

Did we establish if the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train will be 6 vehicles of 4 cars each or 4 vehicles of 6 cars each? Different concept art shows different level of trains.

I know an initial rumor was that each vehicle would have 7 cars (one for each dwarf).

Also, is the name of the attraction Seven Dwarf's Mine Train or Seven Dwarfs Mine Train?

I will tell you RsoxNo1! the name is Seven Dwarfs Mine Train!

Rob562

I am under the impression that the entire ride is LIM propelled. I think the vehicles slow down in show scenes and speed up outside of them...

I doubt that it'll be LIMs. It makes things more complicated than it needs to be. More likely just advancer/kicker wheels that act on the brake fins.

-Rob

RSoxNo1

I will tell you RsoxNo1! the name is Seven Dwarfs Mine Train!

I've seen it as Seven Dwarfs Mine Train in most places, and that makes sense grammatically, but this was/is also posted on the construction wall:

IMG_5448.jpg

Additionally, in the park, the shop is called the Seven Dwarfs' Mine which is also grammatically correct

100_3036.jpg

However, on Disney's site the refer to it as Seven Dwarf's Mine which is incorrect:
http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/parks/magic-kingdom/shopping/

njdan

Me and my family cant wait for the mine coaster we think it will be great! Hope everything works out so it opens as planned. We cant wait!!!!

Tom

Beta Return

Based on the site development plans, the garage is drawn to hold 4 trains that are 6-cars each.

As for the name, the sign on the wall is grammatically incorrect. Saying "Seven Dwarf's Mine Train" implies that the train belongs to one dwarf. The correct spelling would be "Seven Dwarfs' Mine Train" since all seven dwarfs possess it.

Also correct would be "Seven Dwarves' Mine Train", since dwarves is an acceptable plural for dwarf.

But this is Disney. They also named their carousel "Prince Charming Carousel". Not Prince Charming's Carousel. I'm still scratching my head over that one.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom