Seven Dwarfs Mine Train

RSoxNo1

Based on the site development plans, the garage is drawn to hold 4 trains that are 6-cars each.

As for the name, the sign on the wall is grammatically incorrect. Saying "Seven Dwarf's Mine Train" implies that the train belongs to one dwarf. The correct spelling would be "Seven Dwarfs' Mine Train" since all seven dwarfs possess it.

Also correct would be "Seven Dwarves' Mine Train", since dwarves is an acceptable plural for dwarf.

But this is Disney. They also named their carousel "Prince Charming Carousel". Not Prince Charming's Carousel. I'm still scratching my head over that one.

Yeah I agree that it's not grammatically correct. I think original concept art had 4 cars, but more recent concept art has 6 cars. I assume it will be four trains of six cars.

Scuttle

What's happening with the seven dwarfs shop? Is it going to themed to princesses since it's next to the new meet and greet? I don't remember anyone saying what was to come of this shop.

JEANYLASER

I've seen it as Seven Dwarfs Mine Train in most places, and that makes sense grammatically, but this was/is also posted on the construction wall:

IMG_5448.jpg

Additionally, in the park, the shop is called the Seven Dwarfs' Mine which is also grammatically correct

100_3036.jpg

However, on Disney's site the refer to it as Seven Dwarf's Mine which is incorrect:
http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/parks/magic-kingdom/shopping/

Sorry! my spelling is incorrect thanks for the correction RSoxNo1!

COProgressFan

But this is Disney. They also named their carousel "Prince Charming Carousel". Not Prince Charming's Carousel. I'm still scratching my head over that one.

And they renamed DCA out in California to Disney California Adventure, (no possessive "Disney's") which still irks me and makes no sense.

pppapazo

Has there been word yet on whether the Dwarfs and Snow White figures in the show scenes would full-fledged Audio Animatronics, like some of the more advanced figures in the Little Mermaid ride, or more like the ones currently in Snow White's Scary Adventures?

jt04

And they renamed DCA out in California to Disney California Adventure, (no possessive "Disney's") which still irks me and makes no sense.

I think someone wanted TWDC to discontinue the practice since it gives the impression Walt created the park(s) and other content. Eventually something would be created which would not properly represent his legacy and I could see where that could be a problem for some. There have been ongoing attempts at revising the history of Walt Disney both inside and outside the company to validate such concerns.

Just my take on the matter.

Lee

Adventurer
I'm just glad they aren't calling it "Disney's Seven Dwarfs Mine Ride, a Disney attraction at Disney's Magic Kingdom Park at the Walt Disney World Resort in Florida."
:rolleyes:

HMF

Well the other park is Disneyland not "Disney's Land". To be honest having the possessive in Disney's Hollywood Studios sounds a bit awkward.

devoy1701

I think someone wanted TWDC to discontinue the practice since it gives the impression Walt created the park(s) and other content. Eventually something would be created which would not properly represent his legacy and I could see where that could be a problem for some. There have been ongoing attempts at revising the history of Walt Disney both inside and outside the company to validate such concerns.

Just my take on the matter.

I agree with you, but at the same time I think California Adventure in it's new form is actually the best fit for the possesive "Disney's" over the other parks. Afterall it is being more or less rethemed to fit what Walt saw and experienced when he arrive in California and some places within the park kind of follow his legacy.

or something like that!

jt04

I agree with you, but at the same time I think California Adventure in it's new form is actually the best fit for the possesive "Disney's" over the other parks. Afterall it is being more or less rethemed to fit what Walt saw and experienced when he arrive in California and some places within the park kind of follow his legacy.

or something like that!

I am pretty sure I read somewhere that they did have to stop naming everything after Walt Disney.

I agree with you about California Adventure. I am encouraged that the park is being crafted, at least from what I have seen, to celebrate and showcase Disney's legacy. It has so much potential in this regard and I have to believe the family approves. I think it is critical to the success of the park and important in that people will be educated about his story. Because it is an example of the great American story and this and the museum at the Presidio make that story accessible and unterstandable to everyone. It has made the park a 'must see' for me.

mvieguy

I am pretty sure I read somewhere that they did have to stop naming everything after Walt Disney.

I agree with you about California Adventure. I am encouraged that the park is being crafted, at least from what I have seen, to celebrate and showcase Disney's legacy. It has so much potential in this regard and I have to believe the family approves. I think it is critical to the success of the park and important in that people will be educated about his story. Because it is an example of the great American story and this and the museum at the Presidio make that story accessible and unterstandable to everyone. It has made the park a 'must see' for me.

Robert iger is the one who is trying to preserve the Disney name, Eisner was the one trying to get around it. at one point Eisner was trying to establish himself as the new Disney.

If anyone has access to a book store. go find and read Disney War.

great stuff

Condorman

The Disney and Disney's problem is a result of legalities, not choices.

This statement is closest to the truth. They had to place "Disney" before Animal Kingdom and Hollywood Studios because those are terms and/or phrases in the popular English domain. They could not trademark said properties without that possessive modifier. However, Magic Kingdom and Epcot are not, and therefore could be trademarked and did not require the "Disney" before them. This, in addition to those latter two parks belonging to Walt Disney World, which already had the name in it. Disneyland is not part of a larger resort complex, and already had the name in the title. I know it sounds confusing but if TWDC changed the name to Disney's Epcot, then anyone else in the world could create an "Epcot", thereby undermining the original Disney park. Again, California Adventure is a pretty common phrase and so they added Disney to it, etc.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom