Seven Dwarfs Mine Train Preview Thoughts

CinematicFusion

No, I had much more to say, but you ignored the rest.

This is when I lost my mind because it completely contradicted my statement.

well, losing your mind is being a Houston Rocket fan and watching Portland win with .5 seconds on the clock. Hats off to Portland.

Didn't ignore you I was just trying to extrapolate out of what you said the reasons why you saw Mine Train as an instant "ok"

From of your retort, its apparent I didn't do such a good job...also I was a bit on the wordy side. :)

Last edited:

mharrington

A few of them were. According to WDWMagic's factsheet,
The figures of Grumpy, Doc, Bashful, Sleepy, and Happy, seen in the cottage near the end of the attraction, originally appeared in Snow White’s Scary Adventure, a Magic Kingdom attraction now the site of Princess Fairytale Hall. The figures of Snow White, Dopey and Sneezy, in the cottage scene, were created for this attraction.

So thar'ya go. :D

I thought that Dopey looked suspiciously like the same one as the one waving from the bridge at the end of the old ride.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Cool, so will those under 40 inches be able to ride it? That will be great! Then I stand corrected, two family coasters aimed at those under 40 inches.
We will have to see which one is best. Love competition! Maybe I will get to ride a potter ride as a family.
Neither is really aimed at the under 40 inch crowd. Gringotts is 40inches and Mine Train is 38inches. So yes there will be an unhappy group of 3 year olds who are over 38 but not quite 40 inches at Universal. A lot of Universals previous rides had higher limits so this one will be more family friendly.

CinematicFusion

Neither is really aimed at the under 40 inch crowd. Gringotts is 40inches and Mine Train is 38inches. So yes there will be an unhappy group of 3 year olds who are over 38 but not quite 40 inches at Universal. A lot of Universals previous rides had higher limits so this one will be more family friendly.
Oh well, at least we will be able to ride mine train together. Have to wait another time for them to hit the potter rides.
Gringotts I'm sure will be awesome

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Oh well, at least we will be able to ride mine train together. Have to wait another time for them to hit the potter rides.
Gringotts I'm sure will be awesome
It won't be long. The way kids grow its a very short time between 38 and 40 inches. Probably for a lot of kids it won't matter at all if that short window doesn't line up with a trip to Orlando.

Sevier

It's extremely detailed, immersive, fun, inclusive, and interactive. Basically, everything that makes the uni bois on here angry.

MerlinTheGoat

The ride is a very cute and very good addition to Fantasyland. In fact, it's the one part of the entire "expansion" that I would say has come out not being a massive disappointment, it brings a smile to my face. A very solid D ticket as we've been told from proper insiders from the beginning.

There are issues I have with the ride that if corrected could have made the ride far better, but my complaints have nothing to do with the ride's thrill level whatsoever. More the reductions in the track length/complexity, less theming than I had hoped outside, and kind of disappointed again with how it looks at night. What is well done however is quite well done, particularly the mine show scene with some surprisingly good animatronic figures. I'm very glad they made an 11th hour change to opt for the superior figures, it made all the difference. I'd have wished for some further upgrades (better outside lighting is still possible to be implemented in the future at least), but as Lee said it could have turned out worse and i'm pretty positive about the final product.

Animaniac93-98

It's extremely detailed, immersive, fun, inclusive, and interactive. Basically, everything that makes the uni bois on here angry.

Because Universal has never produced a ride that featured any of those things, right?

The ride is the best new thing in MK since Philharmagic. It (like all rides) could still have been better. Saying that doesn't make you a "UniTard".

Not sure why that concept is hard for some people to grasp.

Magenta Panther

I guess why I changed my mind about the Mine Train (via viewing videos, not by having actually ridden it, mind you) is that it IS charming. The interactive stuff in the queue looks pretty neat, and the AA show scenes look effective, and the ride looks fun. And I...guess that's enough. I guess it's going to have to be. I mean, is it likely that we will EVER again get an attraction that's as ambitious and accomplished as Tower of Terror? I'm beginning to think...no, we never will. Not while Iger and his gang of pennypinching cost-cutters are in charge. :p

But at least this ride makes me think of the movie it's based on in a very positive way. It seems to have captured a lot of the film's character and again, charm, and visually, inside and out, it's a great addition to New Fantasyland. Hopefully it won't really be the last addition...I can't believe that Disney won't do something with Frozen. But for now, the Mine Train is, well, enough. I guess.

Last edited:

Magenta Panther

Because Universal has never produced a ride that featured any of those things, right?

The ride is the best new thing in MK since Philharmagic. It (like all rides) could still have been better. Saying that doesn't make you a "UniTard".

Not sure why that concept is hard for some people to grasp.

I don't get it either. Most of the Disney fans here just want Disney to be Disney!!!! To follow Walt's lead in creating new, immersive, innovative attractions that have no equal. To build on the legacy of quality Walt built. Those are high standards, sure, but I see no good reason why they can't be met. The only reason they often, these days, aren't met is because of MONEY. Iger doesn't want to spend a lot on the parks. Frankly, I don't think he likes the parks - he tried to sell them, remember?

God I hate that man! (In a totally non-violent, non-malicious way, of course...:cat:)

SJN1279

People are hailing Gringotts as the second coming before it has even opened. We have to wait and see. All I know is that it is 85 percent screens, has a severe noise problem, and Harry Potter refused to take part in its creation. I just hope it is better than its sister attraction at IOA.

Seven Dwarves is very well themed family coaster, and will be a definite hit for Disney.

Magenta Panther

People are hailing Gringotts as the second coming before it has even opened. We have to wait and see. All I know is that it is 85 percent screens, has a severe noise problem, and Harry Potter refused to take part in its creation. I just hope it is better than its sister attraction at IOA.

Seven Dwarves is very well themed family coaster, and will be a definite hit for Disney.

"Harry Potter"? You mean Daniel Radcliffe? Or what?

Disney Analyst

People keep complaining about the rides night time lighting package... Without considering that the ride doesn't open until May 28, and most times the outdoor lighting package is one of the last things programmed... I would expect some changes before the ride opens. Likely more lights.

MerlinTheGoat

People keep complaining about the rides night time lighting package... Without considering that the ride doesn't open until May 28, and most times the outdoor lighting package is one of the last things programmed... I would expect some changes before the ride opens. Likely more lights.
The rest of the New Fantasyland facades as I recall were lit up properly well before they opened to anyone, including Little Mermaid and Beast's Castle. Same goes for Radiator Springs Racers as well. Pretty sure people had pictures and videos of those attractions' facades properly lit up some time before they even soft opened.

Mine Train is basically "done" at this point, even if it hasn't officially opened to everyone. They have given it test runs to non-Disney employees even with the queue elements fully functional. Anything they tweak from here on at this point is probably not going to be related to visible show elements. Probably tweaking the underlying mechanical aspects, timing and such. I'll be surprised if they're still making tweaks to anything visual, would love to be wrong but it looks pretty much done at this point. If any insiders know otherwise, feel free to correct me.

Last edited:

Tonka's Skipper

OK Tonka's Skipper, if 7DMT, with it's 2:35 ride time and 1.5 show scenes is an E Ticket, where do we put Gringott's, with it's immersive theming, 4+ min ride time, state of the art AAs, and 9 show scenes?

I believe explained quite clearly the reasons it ended up a E ticket. The Gringotts is basically a thrill ride, apple and oranges. Just because it's longer doesn't downgrade other attractions, especially one rich in history and doing great justice to a story line loved by millions worldwide. This is the problem with Uni attractions in general....they are mostly(not all) thrill rides and/or coasters and TV screens and the Uni fans seen to need to keep making the Thrill the bar. Their is so much more to a great attraction.

If your using the length of the ride and scenes at the bar.........seems The Great Movie ride is longer and has more scenes which in it day was State of the art.

However I respect your opinion and that your a HP fan (I am to), I believe the first part was done extremely good. We will see in the fall how the 2nd part is. The mock/simulator train with all TV screens is not looking very good right now, but we will see in time.

AKK

Last edited:

danlb_2000

Premium Member

Daniel Radcliffe did say at one point that he didn't want to be involved, but we have heard from a reliable source that Harry does appear in the ride.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom