Seven Dwarfs Mine Train Preview Thoughts

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I believe that Transformers is also an E Ticket.

Maybe so. I am thinking Grongotts will be at a higher level though. A super E? An F ticket? I don't know what to call it, but from the way people have been hyping it I am expecting something pretty epic. Transformers is a great ride, but not a reason to go to the park. Mine Train will be the same once the grand opening hype dies down.

Tonka's Skipper

I will agree the imaginers did start out with D ticket, however it is very clear to most here that they ended up with a out of the park home run, E ticket.

Others are entitled to disagree and I wont put them down for their opinions like some others.

However when you take into account the mixed of a family attraction, a Disney classic treasure, perfect theming, the new innovative technos and AA's, it easy the see how this will soon be another Disney Classic.

AKK

CinematicFusion

Look I get everyone is upset Disney hasn't thrown down the gauntlet and created the mega thrill ride of our generation geared to not only destroy universal and all it's minions but meticulously designed to elicit smiles and maybe even a small chuckle deep deep in the hearts and minds of the old salty insiders on this board.

Nothing in fantasyland can do that. Mine train can't to it.

How does Peter Pan stack up against the new Harry potter area?
What's better dumbo or gringotts?
Some are putting way to much into what the mine train isn't and stacking it up against universal rides designed for a teenage audience.

You need to set your eye on avatar land. That should be geared to teens. That will be a fair comparison.
Maybe Disney just has a different market in mind and you will never ever get what you want at the Disney parks.
Maybe Disney is about families with small kids and tweens and universal is about teenagers and family's with Tweens to teens.

Nothing wrong with that, competition is great. I don't care who builds what. I'm excited to ride it. Good for universal creating Harry potter land. I'll be there with my wife while my young kids watch....kids to small to ride the potter key rides.

Thats what a like about the mine train. My kids can ride. I get to ride it as a family. Can't do that with splash mountain, space mountain, or the other run away train ride at Disney.(kids still to small)

So, as a father I do see this as an instant classic. I stand by that. Right ride in the right area of the park. I get to ride a solid coaster with my family.

As a teenager or a man in my twenties, I'm not even sure I would walk into fantasyland. So yeah...mine train wouldn't be on my have to do list.

All about perspective. I'll stand by what I say, instant classic for the target market. And it is a large target market.

Last edited:

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I will agree the imaginers did start out with D ticket, however it is very clear to most here that they ended up with a out of the park home run, E ticket.

Others are entitled to disagree and I wont put them down for their opinions like some others.

However when you take into account the mixed of a family attraction, a Disney classic treasure, perfect theming, the new innovative technos and AA's, it easy the see how this will soon be another Disney Classic.

AKK
For me it's too short to be a true E ticket. Classic family friendly E tickets like HM, Pirates or Splash are significantly longer with many more show scenes. Mine Train has a higher thrill level than those rides which makes up for some of that, but it's not enough to overcome. Just my opinion. This doesn't mean that Mine Train is bad or disappointing to me. It's actually a lot better than most of the speculation over the last few years. A really pleasant surprise.

Tonka's Skipper

For me it's too short to be a true E ticket. Classic family friendly E tickets like HM, Pirates or Splash are significantly longer with many more show scenes. Mine Train has a higher thrill level than those rides which makes up for some of that, but it's not enough to overcome. Just my opinion. This doesn't mean that Mine Train is bad or disappointing to me. It's actually a lot better than most of the speculation over the last few years. A really pleasant surprise.[/QUO

You make some good points!, if there is a problem with 7DMT it is on the short side. I am looking at al the features together, especially bringing back a Disney classis treasure/story.

AKK

bhg469

Look I get everyone is upset Disney hasn't thrown down the gauntlet and created the mega thrill ride of our generation geared to not only destroy universal and all it's minions but meticulously designed to elicit smiles and maybe even a small chuckle deep deep in the hearts and minds of the old salty insiders on this board.

Nothing in fantasyland can do that. Mine train can't to it.

How does Peter Pan stack up against the new Harry potter area?
What's better dumbo or gringotts?
Some are putting way to much into what the mine train isn't and stacking it up against universal rides designed for a teenage audience.

You need to set your eye on avatar land. That should be geared to teens. That will be a fair comparison.
Maybe Disney just has a different market in mind and you will never ever get what you want at the Disney parks.
Maybe Disney is about families with small kids and tweens and universal is about teenagers and family's with Tweens to teens.

Nothing wrong with that, competition is great. I don't care who builds what. I'm excited to ride it. Good for universal creating Harry potter land. I'll be there with my wife while my young kids watch....kids to small to ride the potter key rides.

Thats what a like about the mine train. My kids can ride. I get to ride it as a family. Can't do that with splash mountain, space mountain, or the other run away train ride at Disney.(kids still to small)

So, as a father I do see this as an instant classic. I stand by that. Right ride in the right area of the park. I get to ride a solid coaster with my family.

As a teenager or a man in my twenties, I'm not even sure I would walk into fantasyland. So yeah...mine train wouldn't be on my have to do list.

All about perspective. I'll stand by what I say, instant classic for the target market. And it is a large target market.
I have been saying this for years, no one needs a mega thrill ride. Disney survived quite well for decades with no major drops or thrills. They just had top notch entertainment and value. They had attractions that could not be compared to anywhere else. When others really started to compete Disney did not raise the bar at least not in the domestic parks.

I would give my left arm for mystic manor in a re themed section of dak. That park screams out for something mythical and not attached to ferngully with giants.

This mine train is a valiant attempt at something great but they have a solid good enough. A truly instant ok

twebber55

Isn't Gringotts supposed to be an e-ticket ride? It's a little unfair to compare what we mostly all agree is at most a solid D ticket with an E at another park. I think a more fair comparison is probably Transformers to this ride since they are both D tickets. Of course they are completely different experiences so it's hard to compare.
BTW I think the themeing to 7DMT is on par with anything universal has done

CinematicFusion

AKK[/QUOTE]
This mine train is a valiant attempt at something great but they have a solid good enough. A truly instant ok

Definition of OK: satisfactory but not exceptionally or especially good. Sounds like you are saying it's a grade of C for its intended market for families with small children.
I'm saying it's an instant classic for the intended market.

We will find out when the families ride it. Once Avatar opens up, a few years will have gone by and we will see what type of legs the ride has.

I hear you, you so despartely want a state of the art e-ticket thrill, dark ride or anything that blows your mind...Mine train isn't it and it upsets you that Disney has waited so long and they give you a kiddie ride. I'm upset to at the length between new rides, however I like the new fantasyland area. I think it's what the Magic Kingdom park needed. I look at it as phase one of the WDW upgrade.

1. I like the idea of Pandora coming to Animak Kingdom. I think it fits great with that park and adds the mystical charm of imaginative creatures to the park. Much like Beastly Kingdom was supposed to do in 1998. I know it came from Cameron's mind and some have a problem with that. But as much as I didn't like the story of Avatar, I loved the world it created. Bringing Pandora to Animal Kingdom and opening that park up at night is going to work in a big way. I base this on Cars Land and New Fantasyland. The level of Detail they have put into those sections. I'm excited about the look of this area. With Camerons ego and reputation on the line...I think the two rides will also be amazing. I know he doesn't want to hear. Potter Land is better then Avatar Land.

2. Now Disney does need to do something with DHS. This park is the Tween-Teen park for Disney and you can't have a park just sit there idle and not do anything for what feels like 10 years. It was 6 years ago Toy Story Mania opened. A park should have a new ride every 5. If they start now on a major ride it will take to 2017. So...it will be 9 years at this park. This park suffers the most when Universal steps it's game up. This park needs a major land. Star Wars? Something Pixar? Can't do Marvel. But I'm upset here. Unacceptable for Disney.

2. Epcot...also needs love. Not as much as DHS but it could start with a complete re-do of the imagination pavillion. Keep the theme...but this needs to be the Family-E ticket at this park everyone in California is crying to have. Imagination is such a waste of space now. I can't even get on that ride. Make this ride relevant again and there is more balance to the park again.

Disney seems to view WDW as one big park. It's not, it's a land that houses 4 big theme parks. Each needs attention and needs to be treated like it's the only theme park for 100's of miles around. If DHS stood all alone in lets say Texas, it wouldn't sit idle for 6 years without a new ride attraction. Nobody would go except those who live close. Disney needs to change it's philosophy. Each park must stand on its own merit. Each park must be thought of as a park 100's of miles away from other parks.
constantly thinking of how to improve the experience, not relying on other parks to carry the load.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
Isn't Gringotts supposed to be an e-ticket ride? It's a little unfair to compare what we mostly all agree is at most a solid D ticket with an E at another park. I think a more fair comparison is probably Transformers to this ride since they are both D tickets. Of course they are completely different experiences so it's hard to compare.

If Disney had any other big attractions planned before 2017 there wouldn't be this unfair comparison

GoofGoof

Premium Member
If Disney had any other big attractions planned before 2017 there wouldn't be this unfair comparison

True, but in my opinion a slightly different argument. If we are comparing the growth at Uni and plethora of new attractions to WDW there isn't much of a debate. Uni is cranking on all cylinders full speed ahead. WDW is in a cautious, slow build mode at best.

If you take each ride in a vacuum and compare them I think Mine Train is on par with Transformers. I doubt it will be on par with Gringotts. If it is then Gringotts will be a big let down. I know that in the real world nothing is in a vacuum and Mine Train and the rest of FLE are taking a hit for WDWs lack of other growth.

the-reason14

It's a little weird to me because even though I personally don't think it looks thrilling, it looks almost too thrilling for the little ones it's geared for. Is it the same height requirement as the barnstormer? I think it came out better then I initially expected. I wouldn't call it an E ticket, but it's definitely a nice addition to the land and park as a whole. When I first heard about them closing SWSA because they was making a coaster, I thought it was stupid and didn't know why they couldn't exist together. They could have, but I like the fact that we now have a unique take on the classic film that's unlike anything at any other Disney resort. I still think it's stupid they got rid of a ride for a meet n greet, they could have at least themed it to another ride but that complaint has been made by me one to many times. But this ride looks pretty good. As far as the thrill level, I just see it as a dark ride that just happens to be a roller coaster. The dwarves look way better then I thought they would, I thought we were gonna get the ones from the old ride. But it looks good, and can't wait to see it in a few years when I finally decide to go back once they build new rides and lands that will justify this new fastpass + crap.

Disneyhead'71

It's really difficult to even have an intelligent conversation with you guys. The conversations here go something like this:

UniTard: "the 7DMT's themeing is great and the AAs are better than shown at D23. Unfortunately it is too short and doesn't have enough show scenes to be a full blown E Ticket."

DisNerd: "This is a Fantasyland attraction! Disney doesn't need a 7 looping mega thrill ride in Fantasyland!!!! My God, think of the children!"

UniTard: "You didn't read a word I wrote, did you?"

DisNerd: "Haters gonna hate!"

Disneyhead'71

OK Tonka's Skipper, if 7DMT, with it's 2:35 ride time and 1.5 show scenes is an E Ticket, where do we put Gringott's, with it's immersive themeing, 4+ min ride time, state of the art AAs, and 9 show scenes?

GoofGoof

Premium Member
It's really difficult to even have an intelligent conversation with you guys. The conversations here go something like this:

UniTard: "the 7DMT's themeing is great and the AAs are better than shown at D23. Unfortunately it is too short and doesn't have enough show scenes to be a full blown E Ticket."

DisNerd: "This is a Fantasyland attraction! Disney doesn't need a 7 looping mega thrill ride in Fantasyland!!!! My God, think of the children!"

UniTard: "You didn't read a word I wrote, did you?"

DisNerd: "Haters gonna hate!"
Haha. I guess I'm a UniTard...and all this time I was sure I was a DisNerd:cool:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom