Seven Dwarfs Mine Train Preview Thoughts

Redsky89

Original Poster
I'm sure a lot of us have seen a full video of the new ride by now on youtube.

If not and you dont mind spoilers here is one...

What are everyones thoughts so far? Im a little let down its not a little more thrilling of a ride ( its far less tame then Space or Thunder Mountain ) but the animatronics are mind blowing. The colors and sounds when going through the mine from what we see in these videos looks awesome.

Cmdr_Crimson

It's good...But, nothing that's going to compete with what Universal is doing..Because after this, all we have looking forward to is seeing construction for Disney Springs and whatever can be viewed for Pandora...Unless, Disney blind sides us with something then it would be good competition.

Redsky89

Original Poster
It's good...But, nothing that's going to compete with what Universal is doing..Because after this, all we have looking forward to is seeing construction for Disney Springs and whatever can be viewed for Pandora...Unless, Disney blind sides us with something then it would be good competition.
I agree. I was hoping for something mind blowing and it didn't get even close. Disney needs a new big bad attraction in one of the parks.

CheekBoys

The thing I thought was interesting was everyone was criticizing it's length but it is only about 5 seconds shorter than Expedition Everest. I think it looks good but it should not have taken 3-4 years to build. I think people were disappointed with the final product because they were hyping it up so much.

Glasgow

I'm more looking forward to the fact that it is going to complete the landscaping and overall topography for FLE. It's a pretty area. The coaster itself tho .. It is what we thought it was, a D ticket for the family with some nice AAs. I'm fine with that.

KingdomofDreams

I wasn't disappointed at all. My expectations were for a Fantasyland kid-friendly ride. For what it is, I am impressed and think they did a great job. It's quite beautiful and careful attention was given to detail from start to finish. The mine scene is more than I had hoped for. Of course it can't begin to compete with what Uni is currently doing, but I don't think anyone expected this ride to fulfill that.

As far as how short it is, I always wish the rides were longer! Like most others have commented, if they slow it down sufficiently for every rider to get a good view inside the cottage and of the witch, it will be a satisfying finish.

cw1982

While the part in the mine is pretty cool, seeing the video makes me feel better about the fact that DH and I probably won't be going out of our way to ride this. Call me a buzz kill, but since we don't have little ones and are going as our last (and only) "adult" trip to WDW before we start trying to have kids, if the lines are not manageable and no FP+ is available yet by the time we get there, I'm good with the prospect of saving this one for when we have kids with us on future trips. I think it turned out great for what it is, but for us it probably wouldn't be worth waiting more than 30 minutes.

disney4life2008

I agree. I was hoping for something mind blowing and it didn't get even close. Disney needs a new big bad attraction in one of the parks.

EE is about as close to that we would get. I could ride EE all day nonstop if I could. I was hoping Avatarland was going to be spectacular but it is looking to be a Soarin rip off, and other replications with wasted avatar merchandise and food. At the same time - I do not know if I go to disneyworld for thrill - I would never describe disneyworld as such. So I think it is fine to have the spread of attractions they have. For my real thrills I just head to Islands of Adventure for the day - now that park is amazing!!!

disney4life2008

While the part in the mine is pretty cool, seeing the video makes me feel better about the fact that DH and I probably won't be going out of our way to ride this. Call me a buzz kill, but since we don't have little ones and are going as our last (and only) "adult" trip to WDW before we start trying to have kids, if the lines are not manageable and no FP+ is available yet by the time we get there, I'm good with the prospect of saving this one for when we have kids with us on future trips. I think it turned out great for what it is, but for us it probably wouldn't be worth waiting more than 30 minutes.

I would not discount it. Assuming you are staying on property - I am sure the wait will lower during extra magic hours. But I suspect HUGE wait times otherwise - and like you, I am not waiting 30 or more minutes.

cw1982

I would not discount it. Assuming you are staying on property - I am sure the wait will lower during extra magic hours. But I suspect HUGE wait times otherwise - and like you, I am not waiting 30 or more minutes.

Oh, I'm definitely not discounting it; I can definitely see why there would be enough of a demand for the lines to be pretty long for most of the day. But considering that DH has already said he won't wait an hour for any ride, that 30-45 minutes is where he'll top out for even things like SM or RnC, I have accepted the fact that, unless the line is way down during night EMH (can't see us getting to any of the parks for rope drop), we probably won't be riding it this trip.

Interestingly enough, Touring Plans seems to think that, at around midnight on the night that we'll be there during EMH, the wait will be less than 20 minutes. I'll believe that when I see it.

disney4life2008

Oh, I'm definitely not discounting it; I can definitely see why there would be enough of a demand for the lines to be pretty long for most of the day. But considering that DH has already said he won't wait an hour for any ride, that 30-45 minutes is where he'll top out for even things like SM or RnC, I have accepted the fact that, unless the line is way down during night EMH (can't see us getting to any of the parks for rope drop), we probably won't be riding it this trip.

Interestingly enough, Touring Plans seems to think that, at around midnight on the night that we'll be there during EMH, the wait will be less than 20 minutes. I'll believe that when I see it.

That may be correct. By midnight EMHs - the park is a ghost town even during peak season - assuming the park is closing at 1am.

jlsHouston

If it is open, I would say ride it, either with a FP, or if you can catch a short stand by line during EMH like suggested. You've already said you might not be back for a while, so seize an opportunity if it presents itself. I think the mine part we see in the video is beautiful. I think that part does have a wow factor, at least for me. I hope there will be that hiho hiho song playing too..

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom