Seven Dwarfs Mine Train Preview Thoughts

CinematicFusion

OK Tonka's Skipper, if 7DMT, with it's 2:35 ride time and 1.5 show scenes is an E Ticket, where do we put Gringott's, with it's immersive themeing, 4+ min ride time, state of the art AAs, and 9 show scenes?

why are you comparing a ride designed for tweens-teens to a ride that was designed for 3-8 year olds?

How does Gringotts stack up against the rest of fantasyland?
The Seven Dwarfs Mine Train

Mickey's PhilharMagic
Peter Pan's Fligh
Enchanted Tales with Belle
Prince Charming Regal Carrousel
The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
Dumbo the Flying Elephant
The Barnstormer

Under the Sea: Journey of the Little Mermaid
Princess Fairytale Hall
It's a Small World
Mad Tea Party

I would imagine Gringotts destroys everything in Fantasyland. I sure hope it does, or else something is wrong.
On that not I'm on my way to take the boys' 8th grade basketball all-stars to play the 3rd grade all-stars.
Should be a close game since they are both all star teams.

spacemt354

Chili's
It's really difficult to even have an intelligent conversation with you guys. The conversations here go something like this:

UniTard: "the 7DMT's themeing is great and the AAs are better than shown at D23. Unfortunately it is too short and doesn't have enough show scenes to be a full blown E Ticket."

I don't consider myself a UniTard for my views on the 7DMT. In fact my views on the new ride are completely independent from anything that's going on at Uni.

When it comes to Uni, I'm critical of them as well. I don't play favorites.

Will Gringotts be good? It certainly sounds like it. It sounds like a great E-ticket. My only fear is that, will it live up to the hype? The reason why I'm not disappointed with 7DMT is because my standards weren't set that high, so it could live up to expectations. With Gringotts, it's being hyped a lot. I just hope it lives up to expectations.

CinematicFusion

It's really difficult to even have an intelligent conversation with you guys. The conversations here go something like this:

UniTard: "the 7DMT's themeing is great and the AAs are better than shown at D23. Unfortunately it is too short and doesn't have enough show scenes to be a full blown E Ticket."

DisNerd: "This is a Fantasyland attraction! Disney doesn't need a 7 looping mega thrill ride in Fantasyland!!!! My God, think of the children!"

UniTard: "You didn't read a word I wrote, did you?"

DisNerd: "Haters gonna hate!"

Yeah, looks like I'm DisNerd. But I get were UniTard is coming from. Poor old Mine Train has to bare the brunt of all those years Disney sat on their hands and did nothing at Epcot, DHS, Animal Kingdom and Magic Kingdom.
Still haven't done anything at Epcot, DHS. At least the ball is moving at AK.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
why are you comparing a ride designed for tweens-teens to a ride that was designed for 3-8 year olds?

How does Gringotts stack up against the rest of fantasyland?
The Seven Dwarfs Mine Train

Mickey's PhilharMagic
Peter Pan's Fligh
Enchanted Tales with Belle
Prince Charming Regal Carrousel
The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
Dumbo the Flying Elephant
The Barnstormer

Under the Sea: Journey of the Little Mermaid
Princess Fairytale Hall
It's a Small World
Mad Tea Party

I would imagine Gringotts destroys everything in Fantasyland. I sure hope it does, or else something is wrong.
On that not I'm on my way to take the boys' 8th grade basketball all-stars to play the 3rd grade all-stars.
Should be a close game since they are both all star teams.

It's yet to be seen, but Gringotts is being labeled as a family friendly dark ride. It may not be as geared towards teens as some other parts of the Uni parks.

bhg469

Definition of OK: satisfactory but not exceptionally or especially good. Sounds like you are saying it's a grade of C for its intended market for families with small children.
I'm saying it's an instant classic for the intended market.

We will find out when the families ride it. Once Avatar opens up, a few years will have gone by and we will see what type of legs the ride has.

I hear you, you so despartely want a state of the art e-ticket thrill, dark ride or anything that blows your mind...Mine train isn't it and it upsets you that Disney has waited so long and they give you a kiddie ride. I'm upset to at the length between new rides, however I like the new fantasyland area. I think it's what the Magic Kingdom park needed. I look at it as phase one of the WDW upgrade.

1. I like the idea of Pandora coming to Animak Kingdom. I think it fits great with that park and adds the mystical charm of imaginative creatures to the park. Much like Beastly Kingdom was supposed to do in 1998. I know it came from Cameron's mind and some have a problem with that. But as much as I didn't like the story of Avatar, I loved the world it created. Bringing Pandora to Animal Kingdom and opening that park up at night is going to work in a big way. I base this on Cars Land and New Fantasyland. The level of Detail they have put into those sections. I'm excited about the look of this area. With Camerons ego and reputation on the line...I think the two rides will also be amazing. I know he doesn't want to hear. Potter Land is better then Avatar Land.

2. Now Disney does need to do something with DHS. This park is the Tween-Teen park for Disney and you can't have a park just sit there idle and not do anything for what feels like 10 years. It was 6 years ago Toy Story Mania opened. A park should have a new ride every 5. If they start now on a major ride it will take to 2017. So...it will be 9 years at this park. This park suffers the most when Universal steps it's game up. This park needs a major land. Star Wars? Something Pixar? Can't do Marvel. But I'm upset here. Unacceptable for Disney.

2. Epcot...also needs love. Not as much as DHS but it could start with a complete re-do of the imagination pavillion. Keep the theme...but this needs to be the Family-E ticket at this park everyone in California is crying to have. Imagination is such a waste of space now. I can't even get on that ride. Make this ride relevant again and there is more balance to the park again.

Disney seems to view WDW as one big park. It's not, it's a land that houses 4 big theme parks. Each needs attention and needs to be treated like it's the only theme park for 100's of miles around. If DHS stood all alone in lets say Texas, it wouldn't sit idle for 6 years without a new ride attraction. Nobody would go except those who live close. Disney needs to change it's philosophy. Each park must stand on its own merit. Each park must be thought of as a park 100's of miles away from other parks.
constantly thinking of how to improve the experience, not relying on other parks to carry the load.

Holy moly if you read my post you would say that I am NOT NOT NOT looking for a thrill ride.. If a top notch thrill ride comes along so be it, but i refuse to re answer you because words are too hard apparently, even though you seem to me in love with wordy posts yourself..

bhg469

DisNerd: "This is a Fantasyland attraction! Disney doesn't need a 7 looping mega thrill ride in Fantasyland!!!! My God, think of the children!"

UniTard: "You didn't read a word I wrote, did you?"

DisNerd: "Haters gonna hate!"
I didnt even read your post and that was basically my interaction with this person..

Disneyhead'71

Both 7DMT and Gringott's are "family coasters" with a 40" height restriction. I can't imagine a more comparable pair of attractions. One is an E Ticket. One is not. After riding both, I think even the dullest dullard could point at the E Ticket.

Disneyhead'71

Holy moly if you read my post you would say that I am NOT NOT NOT looking for a thrill ride.. If a top notch thrill ride comes along so be it, but i refuse to re answer you because words are too hard apparently, even though you seem to me in love with wordy posts yourself..
I would love your post if that were an option. There have been roughly 800 posts screaming that thrill rides have no place in Fantasyland. The heated angry post are a response to "ZERO" people saying that 7DMT should have been a 7 looping, LIM Launched, mega-looper.

bhg469

Both 7DMT and Gringott's are "family coasters" with a 40" height restriction. I can't imagine a more comparable pair of attractions. One is an E Ticket. One is not. After riding both, I think even the dullest dullard could point at the E Ticket.
I am almost as excited to see area surrounding Gringots as I am to see the attraction. To me the plot of land around the ride absolutely can make a D ticket into an e ticket

tirian

For me it's too short to be a true E ticket. Classic family friendly E tickets like HM, Pirates or Splash are significantly longer with many more show scenes. Mine Train has a higher thrill level than those rides which makes up for some of that, but it's not enough to overcome. Just my opinion. This doesn't mean that Mine Train is bad or disappointing to me. It's actually a lot better than most of the speculation over the last few years. A really pleasant surprise.
My thoughts exactly. It's a bit short for E status but a surprisingly good little ride.

Mouse_Trap

So there we have it, after years of speculation, rumours, anticipation, excitement and disappointment it has finally arrived.

Seven Dwarfs MineStormer

Yup it a plussed and extended Barnstormer with 1 and a bit show scenes.

It's beautifully themed and if it had opened with the rest of new Fantasyland then everyone would have been happy. I think it fits in perfectly well with the new Fantasyland that it's high on style and low on substance.
A E ticket roller coaster was never in the offering here, and do Mine Carts really do loops and barrel rolls?

I think we have to be glad that it's opening is almost here and hope that Disney pulls their finger out soon.

This is going to get some attention on press day, but is going to very quickly forgotten once the new Potter opens. I'm no Potter fan having never read any of the books or saw any of the films, yet the original IoA land is fantastic (though it really needed more than 1 proper ride) and I am sure the new one will take it to another level.

Is it a shame that Disney choose not to compete with Universal and instead just ducked out. It seems the strategy was to duck out this fight and to return a little down the line to bring people back into the fold.

Unfortunately, we are yet to see what they are going to do in order to achieve this, Avatar years off and looking sparse on rides already, Carsland cancelled, no sign of a Star Wars land or a Pixarland.

CinematicFusion

I commented on you saying it was a instant "ok" ride or a valiant attempt at an average ride. That's the part I quoted. So, not sure why you are upset. It's all cool. Sorry for the big wordy post.

CinematicFusion

It's yet to be seen, but Gringotts is being labeled as a family friendly dark ride. It may not be as geared towards teens as some other parts of the Uni parks.

Cool, so will those under 40 inches be able to ride it? That will be great! Then I stand corrected, two family coasters aimed at those under 40 inches.
We will have to see which one is best. Love competition! Maybe I will get to ride a potter ride as a family.

CinematicFusion

Mine train is 38" restriction, is gringotts 38 or 40?

CinematicFusion

Gringotts will be 40"
Darn.
Looks like an awesome ride, same height requirement as RSR. Let's see how those two stack up against each other.
My girls can't ride yet, not tall enough yet. Guess my wife and I will take turns. Going to disneyland in February and DisneyWorld at Christmas. Yeah for grandparents!

bhg469

I commented on you saying it was a instant "ok" ride or a valiant attempt at an average ride. That's the part I quoted. So, not sure why you are upset. It's all cool. Sorry for the big wordy post.
No, I had much more to say, but you ignored the rest.
I hear you, you so despartely want a state of the art e-ticket thrill, dark ride or anything that blows your mind...Mine train isn't it and it upsets you that Disney has waited so long and they give you a kiddie ride. I'm upset to at the length between new rides, however I like the new fantasyland area. I think it's what the Magic Kingdom park needed. I look at it as phase one of the WDW upgrade.

This is when I lost my mind because it completely contradicted my statement.

Disneyhead'71

I'm the biggest UniTard ever and I'm lost in this argument. 7DMT will do everything it was designed to do and then some. People have to remember that the NFL was designed pre-potter. And it's entire goal was to increase capacity without compounding the problem. The imagineers were tasked with designing a D Ticket. WDI said, OK, watch this. And here we are...

I think its very cute. Its Disney. Its more than just a thrill ride. I like that Disney is sticking to its roots of remaining true to classics. Universal, on the other hand is throwing away classics like Jaws and back to the future for simulator rides of the simpsons or transformers. I do not feel these attractions have the staying power of classics. The cottage scene is simplistic, sure, but it appeals to families. At universal, what can little children do? Certainly not Hulk or the Mummy or any of the simulator rides. I feel Universal may be concentrating on one age dynamic to the exclusion of others. Often the rides are too intense for the very young and the middle to late adults. I took my two daughters, in their early twenty's to Harry Potter. I love walking through the castle, absolutely fantastic. But the simulator ride, too scattered and the vocalizations were so hard to understand and made both of my daughters sick. I had to get them something to calm their stomachs. They tried it again, after they were back to normal, and again they felt sick. I felt sick on the simpsons. My mother felt sick on the dragon roller coaster fire and ice. I am sure late teens enjoy rides like the transformers, but in my opinion Universal is going the wrong way. I and many of my family members love the classics and find more to interest us in Disney than in Universal anymore.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom