Seven Dwarfs Mine Train Preview Thoughts

tirian

The fact that the ride dumps you back on your head over and over again, is what did me in. IMHO, that ride is far from perfect. Weak storyline, unimpressive animatronics, and ride vehicles that isolate you from the rest of your party. Not to mention ride vehicles that don't accommodate a large percentage of guests. Potter deserved better.

Ride vehicles that don't go upside down at all, the typical "Look Out!" storyline that plagues all of Uni, no true AAs, and seats that don't accommodate fat people who should lose weight instead of expecting the world to supersize everything for them.
/end sarcasm

Yet the ride is incredible.

As for the Dwarfs, I'll reserve judgment 'til I ride it in a week. The video looks like a solid addition to FL, and although a perfect FL would've kept the dark ride and added this, I'm satisfied with its status as a solid D ticket.

Last edited:

bhg469

I don't really think so. Not automatically.

I like this better than any Snow White dark ride, hill or not.
I only brought up the hill cause it would look nice, but there needs to be more dark ride and less coaster here. It's improving on everest where r the best part, when it worked, was gone before you could see it. Also the projections in everest (that disney relies heavily on as well) is a very cheesy effect.

bethymouse

The interactive queue looks great! The ride is nothing special except for the newness of everything. Sorry- just my opinion. I'm glad MK has another coaster whether it be like BTMRR or not.;) The inside of the mine looks wonderful! I love the end with the wicked queen at the cottage! I just can't imagine how long the stand by lines will be!:eek: Overall, good job Disney! Now start working on DHS!;)

CinematicFusion

It is exactly what I thought it would be, and that's just fine.

Could've been better, sure...but could've been so much worse.

It's an instant classic. This will be a hit 10 years down the road. Every ride in the park could be better, every ride in the park could be worse.
As it is...the mine train is an instant classic for it's target market. Disney did it's job with this ride.

Lee

Adventurer
It's an instant classic. This will be a hit 10 years down the road. Every ride in the park could be better, every ride in the park could be worse.
As it is...the mine train is an instant classic for it's target market. Disney did it's job with this ride.
The key qualifier is bolded.

Sure, it's great for its intended demographic. But it lacks the universal appeal and epic scope of true classics (Pirates, Splash, Mansion...)

As I've said, it's great for what it is. The world's greatest kiddie coaster.

spacemt354

Chili's
What is the criteria for "instant classic?" I think we may be jumping the gun a little bit on that.

I think it looks very nice, but compared to other classic Disney rides this one falls a notch too short. One or two more show scenes and/or more "coaster", then I'd call it an instant classic.

To me, the only thing "instant" about this ride will be the long lines, which I'm sure it will have over the next few months.

MerlinTheGoat

What is the criteria for "instant classic?" I think we may be jumping the gun a little bit on that.

I think it looks very nice, but compared to other classic Disney rides this one falls a notch too short. One or two more show scenes and/or more "coaster", then I'd call it an instant classic.
I'll second those suggestions, and also add a bunch of LED-lit gemstones scattered all around sparkling on the OUTSIDE of the mountain for a better nighttime effect. Not really much we can do about the track length at this point, which also restricts any extra show elements as well. Though the outside could theoretically be improved somewhat in a future plussing (again though it's limited to smaller elements due to space reasons).

Chef Mickey

You have to take this attraction in context. It appears to be an outstanding family ride with a touch of thrill, incredible detail, beautiful topography, and nice animatronics. I'm puzzled as to why people are expecting something else.

Not everything Disney does should be compared to Universal. I don't even view Disney as a park trying to do what Universal is doing. Disney has always been a more family oriented park with different and in my opinion, better stories and content.

What is Universal doing that is so much better from a quality or theming perspective? My only complaint was the speed to market for this attraction. It appears to be exactly what it needs to be. More thrills won't be found in Fantasyland.

I do think they need more attractions in the pipeline, but this certainly isn't a miss.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom