Seven Dwarfs Mine Train Preview Thoughts

bhg469

For Fantasyland....yeah. It's clearly the best thing back there. By a mile.

But overall...worldwide...nah. It's below what Disney has been doing elsewhere. (Mystic Manor, Big Grizz, the upcoming Ratatouille...)
A dark ride through the same hill with more scenes would have been an instant classic.

dgp602

I liked it.

It's a little hard to tell, but did they reuse the dwarf figures from the old Snow White ride in the cottage scene?

LOL You stole my question! Are there any re-used figures, pictures, signs etc...? Any hidden Mickey's? And hidden tributes to the old SWSA?

CJR

I will agree that this isn't a new SM or BTM, but I never saw it that way (although it seems like Disney is promoting it that way). I always saw this as a replacement for Snow White's Scary Adventures.

With that said Seven Dwarfs Mine Train > Snow White's Scary Adventures. It's a nice solid addition to a great theme park already packed with many great attractions. Although it would be nice, MK doesn't need an E ticket the same way Epcot, DHS, or AK do.

This will be yet another great attraction choice in what is already one of the greatest theme parks in the world.

Mike K

Not sure if this has been mentioned already, but will the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train ride be available for FastPass +?

jlsHouston

Well I loved the videos on it I watched yesterday. I don't know how well I can tolerate this ride though if the cars rock side to side as much as it looks like they do in the video. I can't do the orange space ride at Epcot without wanting to lie down afterwards. I hate the teacups if anyone turns the wheel at all, and I've never done Primwhirl or whatever it is at AK or Astro Orbiter. Oh and some of the Star War Tour 3D experiences nauseate me too so...I am excited to ride it and see the inside of the mine, I think I will try for a front seat or middle for less rocking.

PhotoDave219

It's never made me sick, just perhaps a little...unsteady...after marathon riding about four times in thirty minutes.
I do hear the new film/projectors have nearly eliminated the issues that were getting to some people.

Damn...I love that ride. Nearly perfect.

Yes well, you dont have the motion sickness issues I have.

Its a great ride but I cannot ride it anymore.

SJN1279

It's never made me sick, just perhaps a little...unsteady...after marathon riding about four times in thirty minutes.
I do hear the new film/projectors have nearly eliminated the issues that were getting to some people.

Damn...I love that ride. Nearly perfect.

The fact that the ride dumps you back on your head over and over again, is what did me in. IMHO, that ride is far from perfect. Weak storyline, unimpressive animatronics, and ride vehicles that isolate you from the rest of your party. Not to mention ride vehicles that don't accommodate a large percentage of guests. Potter deserved better.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
The fact that the ride dumps you back on your head over and over again, is what did me in. IMHO, that ride is far from perfect. Weak storyline, unimpressive animatronics, and ride vehicles that isolate you from the rest of your party. Not to mention ride vehicles that don't accommodate a large percentage of guests. Potter deserved better.

The ride never turns you on your head, worst it get's is lying flat and I believe that only happens once or twice.

jlsHouston

Yes well, you dont have the motion sickness issues I have.

Its a great ride but I cannot ride it anymore.

Well y'all have started my list of what I am NOT riding at UNI when I finally get there. What's this ride called again?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom