Sentinel writes article on broken yeti!

MKCP 1985

They say a written response is worth 100 unwritten ones.

As much as I disagree with Monty, I respect that his view represents that of a lot of other people, and those are the people Disney is counting on in their decision not to fix this ride. If I might paraphrase, "Disney World is great and so what if everything doesn't work - it is still better than a week at the local state park or six flags."

If your own standards require more than "good enough," then I urge you to leave a note in the comments section so that maybe, just maybe, someone at Disney can make a pitch to upper management to put this ride in its proper working order.

Atomicmickey

I would encourge everyone to post a comment on the article's web page. It would seem to make sense that the more supportive comments we get over there, the more TDO might be inclined to take notice.:wave:

I posted a comment over there, as well.

*sigh* I really wonder if any of this will help, well, it's better than nothing. Here's hoping!

Uncle Lupe

"There are at least two “Fix the Yeti” groups on the social-networking site Facebook (with a combined 154 members) and an online petition (with 218 signatures)"

This should be tha ball rollin".

Wilt Dasney

“The yeti not working to me is akin to riding the Haunted Mansion and not having any ghosts in the graveyard or riding Tower of Terror and having to get off just before the drop,” said Martin Smith, a 38-year-old sound engineer from Manchester, England, who said he visits Disney World once a year.

Is this our own resident video producer getting interviewed by the media? :D

the-reason14

Yeah that "silhouette" effect is kind of sucky too. Its obviously a projection, I dont think anyone is fooled into thinking its a shadow. It would have been cooler if they backlit a figure and the shadow was cast on the wall or something similar. That would have been much more effective.

And also, when you sit in the back, you are covered by some rockwork completely destroying the illusion that the yeti is behind you.

RSoxNo1

I would encourge everyone to post a comment on the article's web page. It would seem to make sense that the more supportive comments we get over there, the more TDO might be inclined to take notice.:wave:

I posted the following:
Animal Kingdom is my favorite of the four Disney parks, and the hype and construction of Expedition Everest launched my Disney fanaticism to new heights.

Like many Disney guests and Disney fans, this was the quintessential it - the Super Headliner that hadn't been realized since Tower of Terror. However, to see the main focus of the attraction in such a state is reprehensible.

Corporate greed, the need to have ever growing attendance, and an overwhelming declining by degrees has led many components of the parks to fall into states of disrepair. Disney's Animal Kingdom was not expanded properly, and as such Team Disney Orlando is unwilling to take it's marquee attraction offline for repairs.

This is inexcusable. Based on the initial plans for development, the park should have had at least one more E-Ticket at the time of Expedition Everest's opening, and two of it's existing attractions (Dinosaur/Countdown to Extinction and Kali River Rapids/Tiger River Run) should have both had larger scopes.

I sincerely hope that the lack of attention paid to the Animal Kingdom results in a significant drop in attendance as it appears that nothing more than a drop in attendance can curb this neglect.

Fix this now.
Tim
Co-Host of the WDW Fan Boys Podcast

Did anyone notice in the first video when the shadow of the yeti is being projected, right at the end a "windows computer screen" opens on the rocks kinda like when you right click on your computer:ROFLOL:wow!

Is there video of this? Can you see this on the ride?

thelookingglass

Fixing the Yeti is just the tip of the iceberg. I wish more articles would appear like this. It needs to be exposed how SO MANY rides at WDW are in some degree of disrepair, and yet TDO does nothing but sit on their hands, because its "good enough".

Disney parks are the most expensive theme parks because you're supposed to be getting top-notch quality. People pay the ridiculous ticket prices anyway because they don't know any better. Its the only reason they can get away with charging $84 dollars for a one day, one park ticket to DAK and DHS. And on top of a lack of things to actually do, you're only getting "good enough" quality instead of the top-notch quality you paid for. It has to stop.

Biff215

I posted a comment over there as well. Since Disney was contacted for the story, you know they can't act like it's not there. Let's just hope some bad press is enough to get them moving on this. Even though they've had their share of negative coverage recently, that stuff was on a different level (safety and lives being lost). This, while certainly less important, can be just as detrimental and Disney isn't used to it!

sweetpee_1993

I love how there are two comments slamming Martin and I. Hysterical.:ROFLOL:

I saw that, too. Their little jabs outside the forums has a way of lending a lot of credibility to what they have to say. I know I listen whole-heartedly when my kids come to me with snarky commentating about their problems with each other. Very juvenile indeed. :hammer:

I threw my comment out there. Best case, Disney will realize their nickel & dime'ing isn't going unnoticed. :D

Another sad thing is the only reason were getting Star Tours 2.0 and the FLE expansion is that Glendale and Burbank forced it on TDO. Im hoping they continue to do this otherwise we wont be seeing any new major attractions in our lifetime.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom