Send the country bears packing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taylor

Wow, glad to see people can take a light hearted forum that seriously...guess it means you care! If you like your hick bears playing washboards than by all means stick with them. To each his own..i don't like C.O.P. either, or the tiki birds and im sure some of you would chain yourself to the C.O.P. if they were tearing it down. But i will avoid there rides for the next 5 years and give them a chance again..maybe i've seen them too many times in the last 14 years
Hick bears seriously?

UPbeekeeper

Folks have become way too self centered these days. Because as an individual someone doesn't like something or doesn't get something, they want to get rid of it or they ridicule it. It's not just Disney things, but life in general. If I don't like something or don't get it, I just don't partake in it. Why should my wants or needs dictate what other millions of people should be able to do or enjoy? I simply don't understand the mentality that one person thinks their opinions are more important than the opinions of others.

alissafalco

Sorry, I knew what you meant but absentmindedly clicked on the wrong post. I apologize for that error, I will be more careful next time.:(:oops: I'm hoping that this will be my stupid thing for the day, but I'm not real optimistic.

I have deleted it from my post because it never was supposed to be there. Again...sorry!

No problem :)

alissafalco

I accidently hit the like button on this post, but it doesnt mean I like it. Wish there was a way to change it. I was actually trying to hit the reply button. Now on to my reply. I think you are getting stereotypes and racism mixed up. By reading all your post it seems you believe they are one in the same.

Just hit the like button again and it unlikes it. I'm being serious just hit the button again.

I'm not sure why I'm stepping into this, but here goes. I think it was the OP's opinion that the country bears look like "good ole boys" who are often stereotyped as being racist and that was one of his reasons why he doesn't appreciate CBJ. The OP also thinks it's boring and not funny. It's just an opinion. Most people have one. I'm just surprised that everyone felt it necessary to pile on for pages and pages about how wrong the OP is. There's another current thread about attractions that people want to never experience again and many people mentioned CBJ. It isn't universally beloved just because it's a classic. I saw it on my trip last month because my 12 year old didn't remember ever seeing it. My 15 year old chose to sit outside in the heat rather than watch it again based on her last impression (when she was probably 5.) I'm not demanding that CBJ should be removed, but I never really need to see it again because I just don't get it. On the other hand, I LOVE CoP. For some reason, it speaks to me. Isn't that the fun? Everyone can find things that they love.

Onto the OP's second point. I thought the Woody's Roundup idea was awesome. It doesn't need to replace CBJ, but I'd definitely want to see something like it somewhere at DW.

baymenxpac

The last sentence brings up an interesting observation. It is not Disney related, but it is still interesting. The OP never brought politics into the thread. He used the word racist when describing the CBJ, but nothing political. Your comment made me realize that certain political factions are doing a very good job of making racism a political issue, which in turn creates division in our beloved country. You can choose which factions I am referring to because I would like to avoid a thread lock.

go back and re-read the comment I replied to. the OP was shooting down a notion that, and i'm paraphrasing, she isn't a liberal who is trying to infuse race into everything. that's where politics came in.

your above reply is an issue for another forum.

DsnySodec

I really could care less about your opinion of the attraction, I for one like it. If you don't like CBJ that is on you. However, when your opinion demoralizes the attraction by placing stereotypes of a era, for which the attraction belongs, well you are just ignorant. There are plenty of people you dislike CBJ, but don't bash it in the way you did. Generalizing it at "racist," and "hicks" shows your lack of intelligence, and care for the historical value of CBJ to Disney World. If you want to get your point across there are other ways of doing so.

Oddysey

go back and re-read the comment I replied to. the OP was shooting down a notion that, and i'm paraphrasing, she isn't a liberal who is trying to infuse race into everything. that's where politics came in.

your above reply is an issue for another forum.

I read it but I did not connect your post with the liberal comment. I apologize.

Goofyernmost

Folks have become way too self centered these days. Because as an individual someone doesn't like something or doesn't get something, they want to get rid of it or they ridicule it. It's not just Disney things, but life in general. If I don't like something or don't get it, I just don't partake in it. Why should my wants or needs dictate what other millions of people should be able to do or enjoy? I simply don't understand the mentality that one person thinks their opinions are more important than the opinions of others.

It's the new American way. I will decide for you what you should see and how you should feel about it. End of discussion. :cool::p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom