Send the country bears packing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kucarachi

Original Poster
Wasn't trying to purposely upset any CBJ fans. I don't think you should clear out the old just to add the latest and greatest (anyone remember laserdisk?). It should be well thought out and with great care to preserve the past while letting new ideas flourish and let new people have their at bats. With that being said, im sure a lot of people enjoy the show but most are saying its a break from the heat. But its been the same for over 40 years shouldnt they at least add some new jokes, a new song, maybe even keep the classic bears and add the new age country kind of bears to bridge the gap between old and young school. You can barely hear some of it..and i have good ears...imagine hard of hearing people saying What? what!

I never said the Tiki room should go anywhere...it is a classic but yes i lay down almost everytime and just close my eyes...i felt under new management was more lively but seems most of you like it the old way. And you are seeing what they did with snow white...got rid of the classic yet mild ride and are adding a las vegas style e ticket ride that you know you will all be lining up to get your dwarf on!

And to all those saying its just another liberal attempt to take anything offensive out of the world, thats not true i like plenty of offensive things...just as long as they are entertaining!

baymenxpac

Wasn't trying to purposely upset any CBJ fans. I don't think you should clear out the old just to add the latest and greatest (anyone remember laserdisk?). It should be well thought out and with great care to preserve the past while letting new ideas flourish and let new people have their at bats. With that being said, im sure a lot of people enjoy the show but most are saying its a break from the heat. But its been the same for over 40 years shouldnt they at least add some new jokes, a new song, maybe even keep the classic bears and add the new age country kind of bears to bridge the gap between old and young school. You can barely hear some of it..and i have good ears...imagine hard of hearing people saying What? what!

I never said the Tiki room should go anywhere...it is a classic but yes i lay down almost everytime and just close my eyes...i felt under new management was more lively but seems most of you like it the old way. And you are seeing what they did with snow white...got rid of the classic yet mild ride and are adding a las vegas style e ticket ride that you know you will all be lining up to get your dwarf on!

And to all those saying its just another liberal attempt to take anything offensive out of the world, thats not true i like plenty of offensive things...just as long as they are entertaining!

sigh. where to begin...?

i'm sorry, but your original post might be the silliest thing i've ever seen. anamatronic bears are racist? the post above may more accurately reflect your opinion. you want a sound upgrade, maybe a new act to keep it fresh. that's fine.

if you're laying down and closing your eyes in an attraction, you're doing it wrong. and sorry, but that's exceedingly rude. if you're tired, go back to the room and take a nap. no one wants to see you kick your feet up on a place where other people will sit.

mine train is not an e-ticket. i really don't know how many times this needs to be said.

the reason you're getting a vehement response is that disney has a habit to listening to a vocal minority. and no offense, but i really don't want an attraction gutted our retired because it doesn't fit the comedic requirements of a handful of people.

that picture of big al might have given me the biggest laugh i've had in weeks.

finally, politics have nothing to do with this.

kucarachi

Original Poster
sigh. where to begin...?

i'm sorry, but your original post might be the silliest thing i've ever seen. anamatronic bears are racist? the post above may more accurately reflect your opinion. you want a sound upgrade, maybe a new act to keep it fresh. that's fine.

if you're laying down and closing your eyes in an attraction, you're doing it wrong. and sorry, but that's exceedingly rude. if you're tired, go back to the room and take a nap. no one wants to see you kick your feet up on a place where other people will sit.

mine train is not an e-ticket. i really don't know how many times this needs to be said.

the reason you're getting a vehement response is that disney has a habit to listening to a vocal minority. and no offense, but i really don't want an attraction gutted our retired because it doesn't fit the comedic requirements of a handful of people.

that picture of big al might have given me the biggest laugh i've had in weeks.

finally, politics have nothing to do with this.

i never said the bears were racist..i said they were racist looking. I meant a racist look at people from the south..sort of like the briar animals in Splash Mountain..but i have no problem with them because they are part of a ride not the actual only entertainment. It's kinda just saying we are dumb, but know how to have a good time and thats ok. It is ok, doesn't mean i want to see it when there is a world of possibilities out there and imagination. If it were ok then why aren't there any song of the south blu rays...and not sure if you have seen the movie...they use the n' word to describe Brazilian nuts.

Uddy

Gotta go! Valves are so worn out. The bears are clicking so loud it distracts from what the are saying. I'll never go again!

devoy1701

I think its finally time to hibernate the bears that have been putting guest to sleep for the last few decades. They are racist looking, creepy, stereotyped rednecks and not sure how they are still in business. I'm sure some of you like them, but thats more nostalgia than entertainment. Why not bring in a woody's roundup kind of show and give some love to jessie, and bullseye. I find that the western portion of the park is lacking and that would give it an a-list show. You could even get some use out of stinky pete..there is nowhere in any of the parks that i seen a show with woody or buzz unless im missing something.

How is one "Racist Looking"?

I don't think I like you much...

crispy

i never said the bears were racist..i said they were racist looking. I meant a racist look at people from the south..sort of like the briar animals in Splash Mountain..but i have no problem with them because they are part of a ride not the actual only entertainment. It's kinda just saying we are dumb, but know how to have a good time and thats ok. It is ok, doesn't mean i want to see it when there is a world of possibilities out there and imagination. If it were ok then why aren't there any song of the south blu rays...and not sure if you have seen the movie...they use the n' word to describe Brazilian nuts.

Really? As a Southerner that comment offends me a lot more than the Country Bears ever could. The bears are wearing blue overalls, not white sheets. You need to keep your stereotypes straight.

bethymouse

I think its finally time to hibernate the bears that have been putting guest to sleep for the last few decades. They are racist looking, creepy, stereotyped rednecks and not sure how they are still in business. I'm sure some of you like them, but thats more nostalgia than entertainment. Why not bring in a woody's roundup kind of show and give some love to jessie, and bullseye. I find that the western portion of the park is lacking and that would give it an a-list show. You could even get some use out of stinky pete..there is nowhere in any of the parks that i seen a show with woody or buzz unless im missing something.
The Country Bears is a classic. They're refurbishing it, and I'm sure it'll be great! My little boys love it, and they love the movie!:D

alissafalco

I just wasted my time reading through this whole thread. Something good did come out of it though-Thank you Fettfan for the biggest laugh I've had in a while! LOL
It seems to me lately, or maybe with the younger computer generation if something isnt loud, flashy, exploding, or going a 100 miles an hour it's considered "boring". I'll agree it could use a refurb/update, but it's an adorable show that the whole family can enjoy :)

Minnie1976

I just waisted my time reading through this whole thread. Something good did come out of it though-Thank you Fettfan for the biggest laugh I've had in a while! LOL
It seems to me lately, or maybe with the younger computer generation if something isnt loud, flashy, exploding, or going a 100 miles an hour it's considered "boring". I'll agree it could use a refurb/update, but it's an adorable show that the whole family can enjoy :)
I have to agree. The younger generation likes music that is so loud it blast you out and so loud you can't hear the words to the song.

devoy1701

They don't have any black bears on stage. All the songs are by white country artists. Why don't they have some Charlie Pride, Ray Charles, DeFord Bailey or Lead Belly? Perhaps racism plays a role.

I didnt think the first successful black country artist came around until Darius Rucker switched from rock to country around 2007ish. Are they adding him during this refurb?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom