Schedule for Goodnight Mickey and Kiss Goodnight

Jordan's Mom

Thanks!

We just decided yesterday to head down this weekend for a couple of days... like everyone else who has been to WDW many times, I am shocked that I didn't ever hear about this before. I can't wait; that song makes me cry anytime I hear it, let alone at MK looking at the castle -- I'm sure I'll be a wreck! :cry: LOL!

Just to clarify... to see Goodnight Mickey, we need to be on the entrance side of the train station (closer to the turnstiles, what you see when you enter the park, not the side where you sit for parades)? Thanks again!

Pixie Duster

Original Poster
Yes... Mickey's Goodnight is on the train station facing the turnstiles. So watch Wishes from the station, go to the front, say Goodnight with Mickey. And either straight down Main Street right afterward OR go play on Main Street, shop, etc. then catch the second showing of Kiss Goodnight.

PixyDust

I know you guys have your hands full down there dealing with Jeanne (she is headed here today), but if you get a chance, could you update for Oct 2-8? I'd love to see this! I totally understand if you don't get a chance!!!

Thanks!

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
General Reference

As previously mentioned:

Pixie Duster

as long as there is no event going on that night that Mickey Goodbye is 15 minutes after published close times, Kiss Goodnight is 30 ,inutes, 1 hours, then 1 1/2 hour after closing. There are exceptions to this

The exceptions during your visit would be MNSSHP nights. To get confirmation, check in with guest relations when you arrive at the park for an update. Enjoy!

Jenngusto

Perhaps I am missing something here. . . but, the park closes and an hour or an hour and half later the Kiss Goodnight takes Pplace? Are visitors to the parks still in the parks at that time? Or is it for the sole benefit of the cast members? :p :hammer:

Pixie Duster

Original Poster
Please forgive me for my absense, I am extremely busy, my life is at an incredible, difficult turning point so please bare with me.

To answer the question above Main Street is open an hour after published park closing, there are hundreds of guests in Main Street an hour after the park has close and a few left an hour and a half after the closing.

Computer Magic

Pixie Duster said:
Please forgive me for my absense, I am extremely busy, my life is at an incredible, difficult turning point so please bare with me.

To answer the question above Main Street is open an hour after published park closing, there are hundreds of guests in Main Street an hour after the park has close and a few left an hour and a half after the closing.
Forgiven...but you are missed around here.

We finally saw the Kiss Goodnight (Twice) on our last trip. On one of the nights my wife made a video recording of it on our digital camera. When we got home I watched it on the TV. What a great recording! It was awesome to see it again and even while watching it I was already thinking about putting it up on the Internet somehow. Then, the very last 10 seconds or so, she turned the camera vertical (She said she wanted to make sure the whole castle was in the picture) so it looked like the caste laid down and went to sleep lol

brentley2

626 said:
We finally saw the Kiss Goodnight (Twice) on our last trip. On one of the nights my wife made a video recording of it on our digital camera. When we got home I watched it on the TV. What a great recording! It was awesome to see it again and even while watching it I was already thinking about putting it up on the Internet somehow. Then, the very last 10 seconds or so, she turned the camera vertical (She said she wanted to make sure the whole castle was in the picture) so it looked like the caste laid down and went to sleep lol

That sounds cool!
Just to make sure I know what I am doing-
Do you go down by the castle (should you be looking at the castle from maybe around the Partners statue?) to see the Kiss Goodnight?

And then, if you walk down after the Kiss Goodnight, do you get to see Mickey from the train? Which side of the station should you be on- inside the park or by the turnstiles?

Thanks for your help!

Both times we were right over by Partners to watch it. A perfect unobstructed view of the castle :D I don't think Mickey is out anymore after The Kiss Goodnight. I might be wrong but we only saw Mickey once and that was when we left before The Kiss Goodnight. He was up above where the train is and waving at people as they approached the exits. If you didn't turn around and look you wouldn't have seen him because he is up above everyone. I am not sure if that is always where he is, but that is where I saw him :)

shari71

Thanks, Pixie Duster! I have been following this thread and waiting for my dates.

I understand hectic life. Sometimes it gets better, and sometimes it keeps going.

Thanks for all you hard work :sohappy:

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
brentley2 said:
That sounds cool!
Just to make sure I know what I am doing-
Do you go down by the castle (should you be looking at the castle from maybe around the Partners statue?) to see the Kiss Goodnight?

And then, if you walk down after the Kiss Goodnight, do you get to see Mickey from the train? Which side of the station should you be on- inside the park or by the turnstiles?

Thanks for your help!

Brentley2,

You will see Mickey's Goodbye as the park is closing. You don't have access to the train station. Go out the tunnels and stand in front of the turnstyles looking up at the station and gardens as if you were entering the park.

After Mickey goes to sleep, go back in the park, up Main Street and pick a bench near the partners statue near the castle. On nights it is being performed, it is about 1/2 hour after closing. It is usually fairly quiet up there by that time.

brentley2

ClemsonTigger said:
Brentley2,

You will see Mickey's Goodbye as the park is closing. You don't have access to the train station. Go out the tunnels and stand in front of the turnstyles looking up at the station and gardens as if you were entering the park.

After Mickey goes to sleep, go back in the park, up Main Street and pick a bench near the partners statue near the castle. On nights it is being performed, it is about 1/2 hour after closing. It is usually fairly quiet up there by that time.

thanks for the clarification..can't wait to see it!

Pixie Duster

Original Poster
626 said:
Both times we were right over by Partners to watch it. A perfect unobstructed view of the castle :D I don't think Mickey is out anymore after The Kiss Goodnight. I might be wrong but we only saw Mickey once and that was when we left before The Kiss Goodnight. He was up above where the train is and waving at people as they approached the exits. If you didn't turn around and look you wouldn't have seen him because he is up above everyone. I am not sure if that is always where he is, but that is where I saw him :)

Mickey never comes out after Kiss Goodnight. What you described about him being there waving goodbye on the train station is exactly what Mickey Goodbye is...

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
PetePan said:
Any word on the schedule for next week?(Oct. 24-31) We will be there and we were hoping to catch this. Thanks.

This will not take place on the MNSSHP nights, but otherwise, as provided previously:

Quote:
Pixie Duster

as long as there is no event going on that night that Mickey Goodbye is 15 minutes after published close times, Kiss Goodnight is 30 ,inutes, 1 hours, then 1 1/2 hour after closing. There are exceptions to this

Best thing you can do is check in with guest services when you enter the park.

Disneygrl36

I am looking so forward to seeing this on my trip. I want to see it Tuesday Nov 2nd...the MK closes at 7...so I plan to walk up Main Street past the train station to see Mickey say goodbye & then head back up & plop down in front of the castle for the Kiss Goodnight. I am so excited about it. My husband thinks I've lost my mind. :hammer:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom