S'borin

imagineer99

SING IT WITH ME!
Soarin' is OVER-RATED! Buh...bum...bum...bum...ba! OVER-RATED!

It's alright. However, if you sit anywhere but dead center, you can see the sides of the screen, and thus the illusion is destroyed. Plus, the transitions between locations annoy the heck out of me.

I do enjoy the music, though.

DisneyGigi

We went in March and waited 90 minutes as all fastpasses were gone for this ride when we made it there. (My family went straight to Misson Space) Even though we waited so long, and yes, as I stated in my earlier post I noticed the feet at first, we were not disappointed. We all loved the ride. Fastpasses do go quick for this one, but I thought it was worth the wait as did the rest of my family. :)

EPCOT.nut

I really like soarin' and it is an "instant classic" to me. I feel there is a lot of motion going on for a "soarin" ride if you just accept that you are just soaring over the landscape. Maybe they will make a more thrilling option called "catapultin" :lookaroun

HollyBelle

I'll put my 2 cents in, considering everyone else has!

I love Soarin and I also love thrill rides. For me, I can't really compare the two because they are totally different. I think it's wonderful that Disney continues to offer rides and attractions that appeal to all different types of individuals. While other theme parks usually focus solely on big thrills, Disney offers a myriad of experiences for its guests and I believe this is one of the many reasons for its success.

And about Soarin... I love that you get a different experience based on your seat location. I love the top middle, but if you can get past the dangling feet and peripheral view of the screen, then you will find that, say, the 3rd row right is quite enjoyable as well. Makes you feel much closer to the action. Its like on Splash Mtn., sure the front is the best, but that doesn't mean that you have a bad ride if you are sitting in the middle or back of the boat.

Peters_Shadow

I think Soarin' and I got off on the wrong foot. I think Soarin' is alright, but I think that is due the experiences I have had with it. The first time I road it I was seated on the extreme right (last seat), so the whole time I was riding I could see the edge of the screen and the sides of the theater. I tried to use my hand to block the view to help myself "immerse" but it didn't help. And, to make things worse my fan above me, you know the one that creates the wind effects and showers you with smells was broke. That too didn't help with the immersive experience. So that left with with a bad first impression of Soarin'. I have road it two more times since then hoping that they would place me in the middle so I would get a better experience but they havent, although I haven't been so unlucky to be on the extreme edge again or to have a broken fan. The last two times have been better, but I would love to get in the middle at least once to really feel how Soarin' is really supposed be be like.

wdwmomof3

We all loved it and I can't wait to ride it again. I missed the hidden Mickey on the golf ball. Gotta go see if I can see it when we go back. :)

danyoung

Really? You throw something out there like CHICK RIDE and don't want me, a 50 year old guy, to get offended? Rubbish! It's not a wild crazy throw-you-around-till-you-ralph ride, but that doesn't in any way take away from its value. For me it's a great ride, beautifully executed, and deserves its status as an E ticket attraction that still regularly sells out its FastPasses early in the day.

Chick Ride. Geezzzzz......

Dagger

I can see your point of view... I did like it a lot, but I also was expecting a little more. I have only ridden on the first row so not sure about the feet personally.

palmage

I'm a chick and I'm on the "meh" team. I'll ride it if the wait is really short.
The feet don't bother me at all, but seeing the sides of the screen really ruins the illusion for me.

Chick ride is the perfect name for this attraction.
Tame,lame and good for hand holding.
My wife loves it.

What is "meh"?

lilclerk

What is "meh"?

Meh in that I like the ride, but I don't understand the big deal made over it. :shrug: I would never wait 2+ hours for it, like some of the wait times have been.
BUT I'll agree that it's good for hand-holding.

Unless you meant literally, "what is 'meh'?" It means "whatever"... to me anway.

lilredfoxie

In terms of a theater type of attraction, Kitchen Kabaret was my favorite, I liked it better than Food Rocks (which was kinda corny), and Soarin which I dont mind, but I liked Kitchen Kabaret better

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom