S'borin

Vernonpush

I agree with the original poster. The Soarin' concept has so much more potential than its realization. It's incredibly overrated. I know I'm in the minority with this opinion though based on the masses who regularly line up and waste two hours of their day riding the thing.
Gee, we usually ride it three or four times in the morning and get FastPasses for later in the day before 10:00 a.m. Sounds like you are one of those who gets to the park at noon and is upset by the wait times.:lookaroun

iheartdisney91

sry i love this ride!

i do agree, seeing feet ruins it, but what ya gunna do? i also heard rumors before it opened you can feel the mist of the ocean. i never felt that.

the golf ball always scares me! i screamed and peole in my row laughed at me :( ahahahah :D

EthylCooper

I like it okay. It's fun, and I think the smells are neat...but I don't mind not doing it, and I certainly wouldn't wait longer than 10 or 15 minutes for it. My parents, on the other hand, LOVE IT. We drive into town, drop off the bags at the hotel, and drive straight to Epcot so they can get right on it. :p

They will ask for row B1 if it looks like it will be easy to get. No feet, and right in the center. :D

dandaman

Whenever I'm at the top row (center, of course, is the ONLY way to go! :lol: ), I can see the top of the circular screen. Maybe it's just my height, but in any case, B-2 (that's with feet) is still my favourite. :shrug:

I think Soarin' gets a bit old after the first 3 times I ride it each Epcot visit. :lookaroun

MissM

I was worried about the heights too as I'm as terrified as it gets of heights but I had no problems with it at all.

And sorry, I absolutely love it. I think in part because it lets me have this amazing bird's eye view which I can never enjoy because of my heights phobia. It's very liberating and freeing to me.

It has to rank as one of my all-time favorite attractions. It's very immersive to me; I very much get caught up in the whole wonderment of flying.

-m

Boray

Again, you are in the minority. It is one of my favorites. I simply LOVE this ride and so does my entire family. The music is beautiful (I listen to it at least once a week and my 4yr old daughter asks to listen to it all the time) the scenery is breathtaking and the technology used it innovative. I guess I've never noticed the feet, I'm too busy enjoying myself to look for flaws in the experience.

TimeTrip

I've always felt this ride has been overrated. Just a slight twist on tech that was around in the 80s. But different strokes for different folks I suppose.

What really bugs me is that they actually allow people to sit in rows A3 and C3. The view there is ALL wrong, completely awful. Seemed very un-disney to have something with such a poor view.

LoriMistress

I feel you on that. I had a certain vision in my head and I thought it was suppose to be in-your-face technology and it was pretty blane. And the feet dangling in fron of your face...yea, it ruins the mood for me as well.

disneydudette

I made the mistake of getting invloved with all the hype of the attraction before I had ever actually stepped foot on it and reviews made it seem amazing and top notch.

When I boarded for my first flight, I was on the outside wing, but in the seat closest to the middle wing. It was the back row... but I didn't really notice the feet above. When we pulled off the ground... my heart was racing and I was so excited for what many consider to be the best ride in Disney. When it was over, I felt completely let down :(

Yes the effects are amazing, and I admit I lifted my feet over the waves, breathed in that fresh orange air, and even tried to dodge the golf ball. I loved the "idea" but I guess I was expecting "something better" from disney.

I fault myself of course... mostly for reading raving review after review... and it definately set my expections extremely high. I still enjoy my time on the ride though and always will! It's probably as close to hang gliding as I'll ever get... and even CA for that matter! The special effects are really nicely down with the movie, so I can't fault Disney for that.

Overall.. I'd give it a solid B but definately not boring

Imaginationeer

I have never seen so many people with the same opinion on these boards! Maybe we should put "We all love Soarin' except for one person" under the website title.:ROFLOL:

DME

I was really excited to ride this and slightly nervous because of a fear of heights, but I found Soarin to be so disapointing. For one thing, sitting in rows 2 or 3 you get a fabulous view of the feet above you. That kind of ruined the ride for me, trying to see the great views of CA while looking past a little girls Crocs.

It's really cool the way the ride works mechanically, but it just didn't excite me at all. The seats barely move, (I would say that they shift a bit) and you're mostly being blown on by a big fan.

I was expecting a lot more since the technology seems to be so great.
Did anybody else feel this way, because I feel kind of alone.

I agree with you actually, I never really knew what all the hype was about. I enjoy the ride, but it didn't have the 'wow' factor like Mission Space, Tower of Terror, Mickey's Philharmagic.

rowdyray

While I find the ride enjoyable, I was very underwhelmed by it. When compared to the imagination and theming of some of Disney's classics (HM, PotC,) or some of its newer thrills (ToT, or EE), just the sheer lack of inspiration that goes into Soarin makes me like it even less. The queue is bland and the ride is only mediocre. Having said that, I believe I understand its massive popularity. It is the one "thrill" ride that can be experienced by almost every single person in your party. It appeals to all ages and is just the right mix of sort of scary but not really. It is definitely not a must see for me.

SpenceMan01

Put another notch in the "eh" column. It wasn't bad, it wasn't great. We had seats in B1 too. The music is very cool and it is a neat concept for a ride. I guess that I just feel that they needed a new film when they imported it and that keeping the California film was a cop-out. I'm glad to see that they're updating the queue. It was a too "blah". I'd like to see a new film in the near future...preferably something that would tie the attraction in closer with "The Land"...at least as close as you can get with a flight simulator.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom