Say.... What if Avatarland got cancelled?

devoy1701

Oh, man ... you gots to be kidding?!?! Does DD know you collect smileys?

~?!?!?Carl took out Zombie Shane after Daddy took out the human version??!?! YES!!!~

Daddy didn't hear Zombie Shane coming up behind him? or the Dozens approaching from behind the field.

Sometimes their "oh $H!t" moments go hand in hand with their "you're kidding me" moments. lol. looking forward to next week's finale though!

sublimesting

~?!?!?Carl took out Zombie Shane after Daddy took out the human version??!?! YES!!!~[/QUOTE]

Daddy didn't hear Zombie Shane coming up behind him? or the Dozens approaching from behind the field.

Sometimes their "oh $H!t" moments go hand in hand with their "you're kidding me" moments. lol. looking forward to next week's finale though!

So, they spend 30 minutes wandering through the woods to end up basically in the front yard of the farm where Carl happens to be lurking. Rick and Shane somehow miss Carl standing on one side of them whilst a 50 zombies outflank them on the other.

misterID

~?!?!?Carl took out Zombie Shane after Daddy took out the human version??!?! YES!!!~[/QUOTE]

Yeah. In the Comic Carl takes out Shane in Atlanta when Rick finds the group, so the series gave him a longer life span.

Maybe Disney can have a Walking Dead land? *see, I brought the thread back on topic*

And for the record, I have no idea about bronie's or my little ponies or what... I thought there was an argument about Spirit calling some female blogger a man. Had no idea what it was about. :zipit:

devoy1701

Yeah. In the Comic Carl takes out Shane in Atlanta when Rick finds the group, so the series gave him a longer life span.

Maybe Disney can have a Walking Dead land? *see, I brought the thread back on topic*

And for the record, I have no idea about bronie's or my little ponies or what... I thought there was an argument about Spirit calling some female blogger a man. HAd no idea it was about... What it's about. :zipit:

A zombie land would be amazing, though not sure how they could pull it off without paying many many aspiring actors in the Orlando area (is there a market there) to don lots of makeup every day and wonder around aimlessly. lol. Perhaps more fo a Univeral option.

Anyway...I love the show but thought about picking up the comic too to see where it goes and where they differ.

misterID

A zombie land would be amazing, though not sure how they could pull it off without paying many many aspiring actors in the Orlando area (is there a market there) to don lots of makeup every day and wonder around aimlessly. lol. Perhaps more fo a Univeral option.

Anyway...I love the show but thought about picking up the comic too to see where it goes and where they differ.

The comic differs GREATLY from the series, on the paths (and fates) of the characters. It'll probably give an idea where it will go, but not the specifics. Daryl isn't even in the comics. And the whole tail end of Atlanta segement was made up, not for the better, imo. But the rest has been solid.

And there should be a true blue horror ride at either UNI or DHS. UNI would do it right, though.

lebeau

I know like a lot of what I post that this may not sound like it could possibly make sense (because if you use common sense from your reality, well ... it doesn't) BUT ... Disney isn't giving it support because the head of the studios and others inside the company WANT TO SEE IT FAIL!!!!

Rich Ross wants to pass it off as D-I-C-K Cook's failure, while collecting his ridiculous salary and benefits package ... and wants to make sure no one from Pixar ever is allowed to make a live action film again.

It's politics, Hollywood style ... and it's why this film (whether it's great, awful or in between -- which is what I gather) had a ________ poor marketing campaign and never generated any buzz whatsoever.

~Huge opening in Russia ... pass the vodka, comrade!~

Exactly. They had 2 very big reasons for wanting JC to fail. JC was Cook's baby. It can't succeed. Hollywood politics 101. Plus, Disney hasn't been able to buy a hit without Johnny Depp in it. You think they want the Pixar boys taking over live action film (by making a superior product) like they dominated animated films? No thank you. It's bad enough Brad Bird got to make Mission Impossible 4.

Spike-in-Berlin

yet your a grown man posting on a disney world message board. Lets face it Disney is for little kids,tweens and families with small children.

Some Disney movies, yes. The Disney parks? A fat NO. The parks are designed for all ages and if Walt himself wasn't "too old" to enjoy his parks attraction himself, and he was nearly double my age, we are not either.

But there is a HUGE difference between just being young at heart and being...well, different and at least borderline weird. And if you don't understand the difference, it's useless to continue.

Disday

The rumors about the Avatar land demise are completely false. Jim Hill reports today that he has checked with Disney and that it is still very much on. He will have a follow up report as to what is behind the rumors - what purpose does the false rumor serve.:)

zooey

The rumors about the Avatar land demise are completely false. Jim Hill reports today that he has checked with Disney and that it is still very much on. He will have a follow up report as to what is behind the rumors - what purpose does the false rumor serve.:)

Because Jim Hill is always right... ;)

JustInTime

I really hope he is right in this case...

devoy1701

Not sure what inside connect Jim Hill has nowadays... If anything, it sounds like a plant by Disney to try to curb the internet rumors that are actually based with people we know for a fact to have connections with people high up within the company and would know about these things.

JustInTime

Not sure what inside connect Jim Hill has nowadays... If anything, it sounds like a plant by Disney to try to curb the internet rumors that are actually based with people we know for a fact to have connections with people high up within the company and would know about these things.

Why would Disney try to curb rumors if they are indeed false? If anything, Disney would ignore the rumors. If in fact Avatar is canceled, Disney planting opposing rumors would hurt them and drag out the issue and could be damaging over the long run.

GLaDOS

Why would Disney try to curb rumors if they are indeed false? If anything, Disney would ignore the rumors. If in fact Avatar is canceled, Disney planting opposing rumors would hurt them and drag out the issue and could be damaging over the long run.

Probably because they just want people to stop talking about it if it is cancelled so it can fade away into the night.

Plus, if it is on the rocks, they don't want any main stream media picking up that trail and covering it at all. So mums the word for them at this point.

WDW1974

OK ... just a quick drop in because I have a busy afternoon ahead (Psst ... Lee ... the new wheels are coming this afternoon!!!) but two things:

1.) Sincere apologies to all the Walking Dead fans here if I 'spoiled' anything. I didn't realize there were that many folks with good taste in TV here! Won't happen again. and;

2.) I don't care what Jim Hill says. I'm aware he was snooping around last week. Disney's official position now is that everything is exactly as it was in September when this was announced. All is good. Cameron loves Disney and they love him and everyone is basking in the Pixie Dust under Mother Tree (or whatever that thingee the evil US military ... oops, I mean mercenaries that all were former US military -- big difference, right? ;-)--destroyed when they were committing genocide) as they figure a way to one up UNI.

What exactly do you think any Disney rep is going to say when questioned about something like this? Just ask yourself that and think about it.

Then if someone actually asks Iger about it at the shareholders meeting and he says everything is fine, you can say Jim Hill was right ... because, of course, Iger never lies and this current situation could prove quite embarrassing for The Sheriff.

~Anyone here DVR The Chew?~

JustInTime

Probably because they just want people to stop talking about it if it is cancelled so it can fade away into the night.

Plus, if it is on the rocks, they don't want any main stream media picking up that trail and covering it at all. So mums the word for them at this point.

Your reply makes no sense. What I am saying is why would Disney plant a story to Jim Hill if the project is dead? Why would the just not respond and let the story blow over. It sounds like your reply and mine are on the same track...

The person I replied to said that Disney most likely planted the story that Avatar is still happening even though it's not. I am saying that it would make no sense for Disney to plant a story like that if they are indeed killing the project. They would just let it die and everyone would forget about it.

GLaDOS

Your reply makes no sense. What I am saying is why would Disney plant a story to Jim Hill if the project is dead? Why would the just not respond and let the story blow over. It sounds like your reply and mine are on the same track...

The person I replied to said that Disney most likely planted the story that Avatar is still happening even though it's not. I am saying that it would make no sense for Disney to plant a story like that if they are indeed killing the project. They would just let it die and everyone would forget about it.

I know what you meant. I mean that they are placating the fanbase, trying to get the cancellation rumors to subside, and then hope people are too busy looking at pictures of deuling Dumbos and the other things opening this/next year to care about what's going on with Avatar. That way it'll just fade away.

JustInTime

I know what you meant. I mean that they are placating the fanbase, trying to get the cancellation rumors to subside, and then hope people are too busy looking at pictures of deuling Dumbos and the other things opening this/next year to care about what's going on with Avatar. That way it'll just fade away.

Gotcha.

lebeau

Are you talking about the same Jim Hill who posted "sky is falling" type articles about xPass and then (after clearly being scolded) posted an article scolding readers for complaining about xPass?

That guy?

Mr. "The 5th gate is happening"?

I'll believe The Spirit instead.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom