Save the Adventurers Club

chaggy102

Kungaloosh agan! Just recieved EPCOT's 2010 map as well.

ACEPCOTGuideMap.jpg

Some days you eat the mouse.
Some days the mouse eats you.
But never give into the mouse without a fight!

KUNGALOOSH!

Love how Figment also landed on the cover...can't wait to see the studios and Animal Kingdom ones.

NMBC1993

Ha! I love these park maps....Why doesn't Disney just make the fans happy and make the 5th park Adventurers Club themed? Atleast they'd have awesome maps:D

Master Gracey

Original Poster
Chaggy102, your insight serves you well. I just got the 2010 MGM map in. Kungaloosh!

ACMGMGuideMap.jpg

KUNGALOOSH!

chaggy102

Chaggy102, your insight serves you well. I just got the 2010 MGM map in. Kungaloosh!

ACMGMGuideMap.jpg

KUNGALOOSH!

wow so not only are we getting Ad Club Covers but we're bringing back the MGM name for that park. YES could this get any better.

Lee

Adventurer
The Mystic Point art looks cool, I'll give it that.

I like what the guy at progress city said about the Club at Hong Kong:
For those of you for whom Walt Disney World is not your home park, you might not be aware of the world-famous Adventurer’s Club, which was closed so tragically last year. It was rumored since that the artifacts and props within our Club would be crated up and shipped to Asia for use either in Hong Kong Disneyland or something intended for Shanghai. But here it is – a no doubt watered-down version of the Adventurer’s Club in Hong Kong. Adventurer’s Club In Name Only. I feel as if Jay Rasulo drove to my house, knocked on my door, pooped on my doorstep and drove away. I mean, if there’s any way they could better figure out how to spit in the eyes of their most devoted fans, I can hardly think of anything more symbolic – aside from building an exact replica of Horizons in Siberia, opening it for five hours, and then burning it to the ground.

Not to mention, I can't believe Disney is building one of these, lightly themed, in one of their parks:
halfpipe-232x350.jpg

SirGoofy

Honestly...Mystic Point and Grizzly Trail look spectacular. Very Disney-esque. And then they build something like Toy Story, and remind me yet again that the current batch of execs have no idea what a Disney Park should be like.

That half pipe will murder sightlines in cold blood, and then pi$$ on the remains

Thrill Seeker

I think we should start a big internet petition and see where that gets us. It worked for JIYI, so why not the AC?

Also, there have been a couple times where I've gotten a peek through the windows at what's inside of AC and it appears as though everything is still there. Maybe they are just fixing the building, then re-opening it later on... Pleasure Island is in dire need of something and a re-imagined Adventurer's Club would be a huge leap in the right direction.

CaptainMichael

I think we should start a big internet petition and see where that gets us. It worked for JIYI, so why not the AC?

Also, there have been a couple times where I've gotten a peek through the windows at what's inside of AC and it appears as though everything is still there. Maybe they are just fixing the building, then re-opening it later on... Pleasure Island is in dire need of something and a re-imagined Adventurer's Club would be a huge leap in the right direction.

Petitions have been done, letters have been written, podcasts have aired, and I've personally talked to Kevin Lansberry. Ball is in their court really.

Of course everything is still in there, there are events through October being held there.

76 days till I'm back in the club...Adventure is calling my name:eek:

zulemara

In the Parks
Yes
Petitions have been done, letters have been written, podcasts have aired, and I've personally talked to Kevin Lansberry. Ball is in their court really.

Of course everything is still in there, there are events through October being held there.

76 days till I'm back in the club...Adventure is calling my name:eek:

and what exactly did Lansberry, in all his infinite wisdom, have to say about AC and PI in general?

CaptainMichael

and what exactly did Lansberry, in all his infinite wisdom, have to say about AC and PI in general?

In short, he "misses the Adventurers Club also" and there are plenty of things to do around Walt Disney World and DTD at night (he listed them). I told him nothing compared to the AC and please reconsider your decision.

Master Gracey

Original Poster
Well, it took some time, but the 2010 Animal Kingdom Guide Map just reached me!

ACAKGuideMap.jpg

KUNGALOOSH!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom